• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booster (1018)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON TEN
    BOOSTER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1018

An arrogant new hero by the name of Booster Gold arrives on the scene in Smallville, seeking fame and offering Lois an exclusive interview. Meanwhile, Lois and Clark investigate a wealthy industrialist they believe has come to town seeking a weapon -- unaware that it has fused to a hapless young boy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 13 May 2011, 02:48 PM.

I liked the Blue Beetle more than Booster Gold. I've never liked that character anyway.

The best parts of the episode, though, were clumsy Clark stumbling over his words and then going into the phone booth! That was awesome.

The Superman cookies were pretty funny too. Kat's gone from hating superheroes to baking Superman cookies.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

This was a pretty good episode. I liked the way Booster came around at the end there.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was resistant to this episode because I thought there was going to be too much cheese going on. However, it surprised me! I'm glad that it was yet another good episode.
        sigpic

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this ep. Even though it didn't look too good from the commercial. I don't read the comics, but I still enjoy those eps like this one that Geoff Johns writes.

Heh. The guy playing Booster Gold plays Brady Black on Days of Our Lives. I wonder if he didn't get the bit on Smallville because of Justin Hartley or Justin's wife who used to be on Days. He was quite good in this role.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
            Thoroughly enjoyed this ep. Even though it didn't look too good from the commercial. I don't read the comics, but I still enjoy those eps like this one that Geoff Johns writes.

Heh. The guy playing Booster Gold plays Brady Black on Days of Our Lives. I wonder if he didn't get the bit on Smallville because of Justin Hartley or Justin's wife who used to be on Days. He was quite good in this role.
            Personally, if I were around the guy who played booster...I would kick him in his "boosters."
            sigpic

Comment

Loving how Clark is developing a way to distance himself from The Blur before he reveals that side of himself. Although I sometimes think it conflicts with my opinion of "Clark Kent is the real person, Superman/The Blur is the disguise."

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I was resistant to this episode because I thought there was going to be too much cheese going on. However, it surprised me! I'm glad that it was yet another good episode.
                That's exactly what I expected it to be. There still was, to an extent, but the way they did it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                Loving how Clark is developing a way to distance himself from The Blur before he reveals that side of himself. Although I sometimes think it conflicts with my opinion of "Clark Kent is the real person, Superman/The Blur is the disguise."
                I still see it the other way around because I have a hard time separating the "overall" mythology from the "Smallville version". It also helps that they've moved him into it incrementally instead of just all of a sudden he's Superman/Kal-El and Clark is just a disguise.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  That's exactly what I expected it to be. There still was, to an extent, but the way they did it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting.
                  Well by now I've just learned to mostly ignore the cheesey stuff on Smallville unless its just OTT.

This show is mostly popcorn fair for me. It can do some great serious stuff, but I try not to take the show too seriously and just enjoy it for what it is.

It also helps that they've moved him into it incrementally instead of just all of a sudden he's Superman/Kal-El and Clark is just a disguise.
                  Agree. So far I think they've done a pretty good job in working towards the transition. Though for me I agree with Replicator Todd in that, on this show, I see Clark first and Superman second.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

I thought this episode was a lot of fun and loved some of the touches getting Clark closer to the bumbling CK we all know. The phone booth part was great - but where is there a phone booth anymore?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rico View Post
                      I thought this episode was a lot of fun and loved some of the touches getting Clark closer to the bumbling CK we all know. The phone booth part was great - but where is there a phone booth anymore?
                      I see phone booths all the time. They are pretty cool here, have built in wifi (free for BT users as they can use their home internet login), text messaging and email services.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        I see phone booths all the time. They are pretty cool here, have built in wifi (free for BT users as they can use their home internet login), text messaging and email services.
                        I don't even see public phones available. Who needs 'em with everyone having cell phones now days.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've never seen a phone booth in real life before.

Comment

Americans. When Skynet takes over and satellites stop working, you'll be screwed then.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                              Americans. When Skynet takes over and satellites stop working, you'll be screwed then.
                              Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X