This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consider me a convert

Many of the long-time posters at this board know that I was never a stranger to criticising the hell out of this show. There were a lot of times during the show's original run that I became so frustrated that I even considered quitting watching the show entirely. And in fairness, after re-watching, I think a lot of the common criticisms of this show still stand up.

But damn, did I ever enjoy it this time For the first time since the cancellation, I'm actually sad that it didn't get a sixth season.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Better late than never.

It's never been aired in my country so I just saw the DVDs. I often seem to like shows better when I can watch them at least one ep a day, i.e. either on DVD or in syndication, than if I watch on first airing once a week, with cliffhangers lasting for months.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Many of the long-time posters at this board know that I was never a stranger to criticising the hell out of this show. There were a lot of times during the show's original run that I became so frustrated that I even considered quitting watching the show entirely. And in fairness, after re-watching, I think a lot of the common criticisms of this show still stand up.

But damn, did I ever enjoy it this time For the first time since the cancellation, I'm actually sad that it didn't get a sixth season.
      I'm guessing a lot of them surfaced near the end of Season 3 and onwards.
      sigpic

Comment

In the name of Atlanticus many more shall be converted.

Comment

Good for you Digi. Fraid I'm the other way around. The more I watch SGA the more problems I have with it.
          I quite enjoyed it originally.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Good for you Digi. Fraid I'm the other way around. The more I watch SGA the more problems I have with it.
            I quite enjoyed it originally.
            sadly thats my problem because the more i rewatch it the more bored i become of seeing mckay dominate all the screentime. although i will always have a soft spot for it.
            sigpic
            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

Awwww....*welcomes digi*
              sigpic

Comment

You know, when I first saw that your post was actually the OP in a thread about converting to uh"SGA-ism," I looked at the date and said to myself. "April Fools was 4 days ago, he can't still be in any part of the world where it's still April Fools Day."
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  You know, when I first saw that your post was actually the OP in a thread about converting to uh"SGA-ism," I looked at the date and said to myself. "April Fools was 4 days ago, he can't still be in any part of the world where it's still April Fools Day."
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X