PDA

View Full Version : The message in the Background Radiation

Nirvaeus
April 3rd, 2011, 09:53 PM
I was told that the Destiny was launched to discover some message that the Ancients saw in the Background Radiation.

Two questions.
1: what do you think it is?
2: What does this show? A grand civilization that makes the Ancients look like babies in technology and numbers? Or maybe a God? or what?

escyos
April 3rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
It says "Please close your galaxy, we can see your species going to the toilet."

Flyboy
April 4th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Close, but actually it's the plans for a hyperspace bypass due to start work in the not too distant future. The Ancients, unlike the rest of the universe, are actually taking an interest in local affairs and are heading to their nearest planning office in order to register a complaint.

Hitokage
April 4th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I think that this secret will be secret forever...hmm message from God that sounds interesting but I think its maybe the message from some kind of very old aliens...the reason of the content? no idea :D

thekillman
April 4th, 2011, 03:01 AM
it's probably a signal sent by accident from a universe which was near our own when it kickstarted

MattSilver 3k
April 4th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Even though it probably won't be explored, I like the option that it's actually a sign that the universe moves cylindrically or something, and that after ours is destroyed, it'll start again the same way and stuff. And maybe, just for the kicks, the message was left by the folk in the Destiny so that when things go again, the message will be heard and the cycle will continue. I'd rather that than God, honestly. The show's done a good job of preventing locking down the message as being from a God-like being, which I like. There's a few characters that have mentioned it, but Rush's insistence on it being about "ultimate understanding" is good. Doesn't mean God.

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 05:57 AM

g.o.d
April 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I guess it would be somehow related to the ascension

or akashic records :)

Naquadah_nut
April 4th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Its a Knock Knock Joke, but its about someone we done know, so it isnt funny :P

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Klarfac
Klarfac Who?
Klarfac Mantreicza ROFL ROFL LMAO PMSL!!!

Humans: Huh?

flappo
April 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I thought the same as I saw this thread:)

Maybe it's a sort of tv signal from a species that lived before the big bang * just kiding*

DigiFluid
April 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Honestly, if they were to make it so the message decodes as 42, it would be the single most epic thing done in any fiction that has ever been or ever will be done :D

Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor
April 4th, 2011, 08:31 AM
it already has been done 42 is the message from hitchhikers guide to the galxy for the answer to life... i think theyll find a message that was from another unviverse or perhaps an alien race so powerful that they can create universe

Greenfire32
April 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
it already has been done 42 is the message from hitchhikers guide to the galxy for the answer to life...

........that's the joke.

I am honestly amazed you missed it....

glennh73
April 4th, 2011, 11:01 PM
Its a message saying: Please dont let McKay blow up the Universe!