The message in the Background Radiation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The message in the Background Radiation

I was told that the Destiny was launched to discover some message that the Ancients saw in the Background Radiation.

Two questions.
    1: what do you think it is?
    2: What does this show? A grand civilization that makes the Ancients look like babies in technology and numbers? Or maybe a God? or what?

It says "Please close your galaxy, we can see your species going to the toilet."

Comment

Close, but actually it's the plans for a hyperspace bypass due to start work in the not too distant future. The Ancients, unlike the rest of the universe, are actually taking an interest in local affairs and are heading to their nearest planning office in order to register a complaint.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think that this secret will be secret forever...hmm message from God that sounds interesting but I think its maybe the message from some kind of very old aliens...the reason of the content? no idea
        sigpic

Comment

it's probably a signal sent by accident from a universe which was near our own when it kickstarted

Comment

Even though it probably won't be explored, I like the option that it's actually a sign that the universe moves cylindrically or something, and that after ours is destroyed, it'll start again the same way and stuff. And maybe, just for the kicks, the message was left by the folk in the Destiny so that when things go again, the message will be heard and the cycle will continue. I'd rather that than God, honestly. The show's done a good job of preventing locking down the message as being from a God-like being, which I like. There's a few characters that have mentioned it, but Rush's insistence on it being about "ultimate understanding" is good. Doesn't mean God.
            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I guess it would be somehow related to the ascension

or akashic records
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Its a Knock Knock Joke, but its about someone we done know, so it isnt funny

Knock Knock
                  Who's there?
                  Klarfac
                  Klarfac Who?
                  Klarfac Mantreicza ROFL ROFL LMAO PMSL!!!

Humans: Huh?
                  sigpic
                  THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I thought the same as I saw this thread

Maybe it's a sort of tv signal from a species that lived before the big bang * just kiding*

Comment

Honestly, if they were to make it so the message decodes as 42, it would be the single most epic thing done in any fiction that has ever been or ever will be done
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

it already has been done 42 is the message from hitchhikers guide to the galxy for the answer to life... i think theyll find a message that was from another unviverse or perhaps an alien race so powerful that they can create universe
                        sigpicWELCOME TO END OF THE WORLD.....IM AM OZZYMANDIAS KING OF KINGS LOOK UPON MY WORKS YE MIGHTY AND DESPAIR

Comment

Originally posted by Yipikyyaysupremecommanderthor View Post
                          it already has been done 42 is the message from hitchhikers guide to the galxy for the answer to life...
                          ........that's the joke.

I am honestly amazed you missed it....
                          sigpic
                          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Its a message saying: Please dont let McKay blow up the Universe!
                            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Working...
                            X