I saw Michael Shanks today in Endgame !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw Michael Shanks today in Endgame !

Mods: I had no idea where to put this or if it's been posted before, so I apologize in advance.

We've been watching a new Canadian show called "Endgame" about an eccentric Russian chess master who lives in a Vancouver hotel while solving interesting cases.

Michael Shanks guest-starred in this week's episode.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...on-other-shows

Don't be surprised if this thread disappears.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 02 April 2011, 04:48 PM. Reason: glitch

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Saberblade - this forum is so big, it's hard to find the right thread.

I'll put my post in the right place and then the mods can delete this thread.
      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I saw your post to the other thread.

Rather than delete this thread or close it down,I'll move it to the OT section and tag it to let Michael's fans and Endgame viewers check it out.

ETA : IMDB link for the series : Endgame
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Yeah Michael was in the show lastweek and Steve Bacic is in it this coming Monday.
          MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
          MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
          POLARIS TORONTO 2007
          CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
          GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
          VCON VANCOUVER 2010
          FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

I saw him in a movie on Netflix called Faceless. Horrible movie, but it was nice to see him in a role.

Comment

Are you talking about Michael or Steve?...and do you mean "Faces in the Crowd" where the woman is "face blind" after witnessing/surviving an attack by a serial killer, i.e. doesn't recognise any faces, as each time she looks at someone the face changes...Michael played her boyfriend in it and about a dozen other actors provided "his" face throughout the film?...

I don't remember Michael ever filming anything titled "Faceless" ...

Deeds xx
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Micheal, and you're correct on the title. That movie was so unbelievably bad I've tried to block it from my mind lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                  Micheal, and you're correct on the title. That movie was so unbelievably bad I've tried to block it from my mind lol.
                  LOL!....yep...thankfully he's not in it much.....but trust me, he's done worse!...

But, like all actors who've had the luxury of a steady job in a long-running series, when it's over they still have to pay the bills...not all are going to land a starring role in a) another long running series, or b) a major film part, so they take what they can get....as much as we all have a laugh about poor SyFy produced disaster movies or little "bit part" roles in other series, it's a living these guys chose to do and I admire them all for it....I'd NEVER put down someone's choices if they're doing it to put food on the table for their kids or a roof over their heads and I think we forget that a lot of an actor's time is still spent not working/earning.....

So yeah, poor movies but still a very nice guy and good actor imho...

Deeds xx
                  sigpic

Comment

I for one was very disappointed that his run on Burn Notice was so short lived. His character made an excellent counterpoint to the Micheal Weston character.

Comment

I agree with you.....Victor should have been kept on longer than he was....I lost interest in BN from end S.3 and beyond due to the constant stream of "Victor-lite" bad guys coming in....none of them compared imho.....Victor still remains one of my very favourite Michael performances.....he plays the psycho so well..

Although, getting back to the original programme mentioned here, he shows he can do a lighter comedic style too....he was great in "The Caffeine Hit" imho..shame the series was only 1 season...it was nice to enjoy the Vancouver locations as well...

Deeds xx
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X