X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural S7 Renewal News & Speculation SPOILERS

From @SuperWiki

@Vana1970 I think we'll either hear before April 15th, or in May. Suspect new CW president will want to make announcement of new schedule.
    about 13 hours ago via web in reply to Vana1970
    News on SPN renewal may be held over until the May Upfronts, around the time the finale airs, due to new CW President. /speculation about 13 hours ago via web
    Oh for craps sake! This wait is torture compared to the wait for April 15th! GAH!
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

You're right...total torture.

But unless the new CW President is a total dumb-ass, I think it's a foregone conclusion they'll be a S7. I'm hopeful.
    sigpic

Comment

I really don't think the best start for a new president is to out right cancel a loved show. I say give it one more season to finish it off properly. As how long can this really go on for ?

Comment

If he does something that stupid... someone should remind him of how Fox was treated after Firefly...

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          I really don't think the best start for a new president is to out right cancel a loved show. I say give it one more season to finish it off properly. As how long can this really go on for ?
          Forever would be good!
          sigpic
          Sig by ME.

Comment

This isn't really anything to do with the renewal...but it should be.

I just saw this thread on GW HERE

The CW’s “Supernatural” won the social week among broadcast shows.

See HERE

And SGU won the cable top 10.

Apparently there's this new tracking service called Trendrr which according to them is measured like this:

Using data gleaned from public profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Miso and Get Glue- Trendrr is ranking the volume of buzz and social actions (check-ins, tweets, posts) for terms associated with TV shows- a top ten for cable and broadcast.

Interesting.
            sigpic

Comment

^I wonder if they are able to differentiate between the good and bad. I may comment about a show like Jersey Shore on facebook or something, but it definitely wouldn't be in a positive light.

But it's just one more example of the SPN fandom kicking @ss and taking names
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post
                ^I wonder if they are able to differentiate between the good and bad. I may comment about a show like Jersey Shore on facebook or something, but it definitely wouldn't be in a positive light.

That's a good point. But I reckon while there's always going to be negative comments made when something happens in a show fans don't like, on the whole people don't continuously talk about things they dislike. And I suppose all shows are equal in this respect.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                  You're right...total torture.

But unless the new CW President is a total dumb-ass, I think it's a foregone conclusion they'll be a S7. I'm hopeful.
                  I am very hopeful as well. Official confirmation would be really nice though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by warrior_chic View Post

Damn right we are!
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      This isn't really anything to do with the renewal...but it should be.

I just saw this thread on GW HERE

The CW’s “Supernatural” won the social week among broadcast shows.

See HERE

And SGU won the cable top 10.

Apparently there's this new tracking service called Trendrr which according to them is measured like this:

Using data gleaned from public profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Miso and Get Glue- Trendrr is ranking the volume of buzz and social actions (check-ins, tweets, posts) for terms associated with TV shows- a top ten for cable and broadcast.

Interesting.
                      When I see things like this, I first just glow with pride...then it irritates me.

It bugs me that they have all these popularity polls (like the current on on E!Online for best alpha male), and fail to recognise just what an accomplishment it is for a show like Supernatural to succeed in so many of them.

It's astounding in it's own right how often it wins these kinds of things (or at least gets into the finals). But when they publish the results, the articles always ignore how much MORE astounding it is that Supernatural beats out all these shows that have 2-10x the viewers Supernatural has!! That our smaller (according to Nielsen) fan base can out-trend the 'big guns' like American Idol, Glee, and NCIS isn't reported on enough!

"Well, at least WE know how wonderful this show is!" doesn't satisfy me like some people. I like to see quality work noticed and respected....and renewed!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                        When I see things like this, I first just glow with pride...then it irritates me.

It bugs me that they have all these popularity polls (like the current on on E!Online for best alpha male), and fail to recognise just what an accomplishment it is for a show like Supernatural to succeed in so many of them.

It's astounding in it's own right how often it wins these kinds of things (or at least gets into the finals). But when they publish the results, the articles always ignore how much MORE astounding it is that Supernatural beats out all these shows that have 2-10x the viewers Supernatural has!! That our smaller (according to Nielsen) fan base can out-trend the 'big guns' like American Idol, Glee, and NCIS isn't reported on enough!

"Well, at least WE know how wonderful this show is!" doesn't satisfy me like some people. I like to see quality work noticed and respected....and renewed!
                        Hear hear! I second that wholeheartedly.

sigpic
                        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Supernatural has been renewed for a 7th season!!

Here's the official press release from the CW
                          http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2.../20110426cw01/
                          sigpic
                          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

WOOHOO! Party time!!!

Comment

This makes me so happy. Back when this show first started, I never thought I would be lucky enough to see it go this long. Boy am I glad I was wrong. Very wise decision CW.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X