This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pegasus tech

question: in the pegasus galaxy does the wraith have hyperspace technology?if so why is it taking them so long to reach atlantis?

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
    question: in the pegasus galaxy does the wraith have hyperspace technology?if so why is it taking them so long to reach atlantis?
    They do have hyyperspace technology, yes. It's taking them such a long time because they keep stopping for snacks on the way over.

-IMF
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

they do have hyperspace travel, but im not sure if anyone knows exactly why it is taking them so long. please correct me if i'm mistaken, people.

P.S. What happened to SG-15?
      ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
        They do have hyyperspace technology, yes. It's taking them such a long time because they keep stopping for snacks on the way over.

-IMF
        That brings up another point: If the Wraith are taking so long because they're eating, why don't we ever see fat wraiths?

Actually, I don't think Wraiths get fat because of what they "eat." They don't eat food in the traditional sense like we do. (It was an interesting thought that just popped into my head just now).

I'm assuming they have hyperspace technology, but with the Wraith being as advanced as they are, they may have an even better propulsion system then hyperdrives.

Comment

thats another good point. are we even sure tat they are super advanced? im sure the gould, asgard and other races have caught up to them. besides the wraith sleep for like 500 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
            That brings up another point: If the Wraith are taking so long because they're eating, why don't we ever see fat wraiths?
            All I know is, I would never go on a roadtrip with one. Everytime we come to a service plaza, they'd want to stop.

"Bob's Big Boy! We have to stop! I can really go for a Big Boy!"
            "Steve! We stopped at the Roy Rogers just an hour ago!"
            "And they didn't have a Roy Rogers on the menu!"

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Think about it this way:

Spoiler:
              The Wraith defeated the Ancients. The Ancients are light-years ahead of us in terms of evolution, and technology. The ancients could be considered more advanced (or just as advanced) as the Asgard. With this in mind, the Ancients were surely capable of defending themselves. So if the Wraith defeated them, then they could easily wipe us humans off the face of the planet. Maybe they could even defeat the Asgard and Gao'uld. We really haven't seen the Wraith in much detail, but as Atlantis rolls on, we will surely learn more about the Wraith. Once we know more, we can get a better answer to the question at hand.

Comment

the wraith wiped out the anciets by a biological agent. thats it

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorgerheaus
                  the wraith wiped out the anciets by a biological agent. thats it
                  No... they beat them in actual combat by having overwhelming strength of numbers. The Ancients retreated to the Milky Way to get away from them. The plague that afflicted the Ancients was before they left for Pegasus... it's almost certainly why they left for it.

The Ancients answer to everything it seems, run away, don't get involved.

-IMF
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I thought it was well known they went from the MW to Pegasus.
                    RADEK ZELENKA FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thats whhy that anceint girl was in the arctic she was left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Luneria
                        I thought it was well known they went from the MW to Pegasus.
                        It is... but they also went back to the Milky Way.

-IMF
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

OH right they made that ultra city that never was completed right? Thats where daniel appeared au natural?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith

Actually, I don't think Wraiths get fat because of what they "eat." They don't eat food in the traditional sense like we do. (It was an interesting thought that just popped into my head just now).

I'm assuming they have hyperspace technology, but with the Wraith being as advanced as they are, they may have an even better propulsion system then hyperdrives.
                            wriath dont get fat because the dont eat they feed on energy

they dont have a better propulsion system if they did they wouldnt be so slow they would still stop but they would be faster

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                              No... they beat them in actual combat by having overwhelming strength of numbers. The Ancients retreated to the Milky Way to get away from them. The plague that afflicted the Ancients was before they left for Pegasus... it's almost certainly why they left for it.

The Ancients answer to everything it seems, run away, don't get involved.

-IMF
                              the ancients dont run away (WARNING SPOILERS FROM THE GIFT HIGHLIGHT TO READ) the ancients were there before the wraith the ancients created the wraith and then the wraith got out of hand technologicaly the ancients can handle the wraith but there was just too many wraith and i think the plague was after they can back from pegasus and that is why i think the ancients HAD to asend

Comment

Working...
                              X