This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boa vs. Python

Has anyone else seen the previews for this t.v. movie that's coming on the sci-fi channel? It looks fairly cheesy but has a long haired and quite buff-looking David Hewlett. So the McKay fans should be in for a treat.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

yeah, i have been seeing it all weekend and it is looking pretty bad... but i honestly have never seen a snake movie I liked...

Comment

yep i've seen, seems to me as an idead or Freddy vs. Jason and Predator vs. Alien...but it is goinbg to be much better than other BOA and PYTHON movies...beacuse it's just better, i'm probably gonna watch it

Comment

I plan on watching it tonight with my 15 year old.I love movies like this anyway,but DH/McKay is the icing on the cake!
        Last edited by nugglebugget; 22 May 2004, 11:08 AM. Reason: typo,finger slipped
        nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

I'm sure I'll end up watching pieces of it if I'm not out. The funny thing is, was that when I was watching B5: LEgend of the Rangers last night, and commercials for Bv.P came up, I kept thinking, "well, it can't be worse than what I'm watching now."

Phil
          Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
          Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

I despise movies like this, but I caught the commercial and I'm really gonna have to tune in for at least a little bit to watch Hewlett strut his stuff. Am I correct? He gets to play an action hero? Way cool!

Comment

Yes, it looks cheesier than chessy but David Hewlett is looking pretty buff and he has a gun and everything. I don't know if even David Hewlitt can make me tune in though. Well, yeah. I probably will tune in and out until I catch a David Hewlitt scene and see if he can pull off the action hero role.

Comment

The trick will be to remember to watch. I gotta give David a chance, though. This could improve his ranking in my Buff Geeks book, 'cause right now, he's mostly geek without much buff.

Comment

The movie was, indeed, very moronic and cheesy, but David... Wow. Much buffness. He definitely moves up a couple of notches in my book. That whole underwater scene? And the kiss? Wow, again. hehe. Atlantis is definitely going to be very interesting to watch. So's David.

Comment

So even the promise of a buff David Hewlitt wasn't enough to make me watch that whole movie but I did flip in from time to time and discerned that David is in fact buff, that I think he will be able to hold his own on Atlantis, and that I was correct in assuming that David Boreanaz's wife can't, in fact, act.

Comment

Is that really him in it? I saw a commercial for it, and though "hmmm, was that McKay" so I went on IMDB and checked, but it didn't say "Boa vs. Python" on his thingy.
                      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                        Is that really him in it? I saw a commercial for it, and though "hmmm, was that McKay" so I went on IMDB and checked, but it didn't say "Boa vs. Python" on his thingy.
                        IMDB isn't gospel. Sometimes they get things wrong and miss other things completely. They rely on fans and movie geeks to provide their info. Dunno how anyone managed to miss B v. P, but oh well.

That was definitely David and he was definitely looking buffer than usual. I kept the TV on, but only paid attention during his scenes. Good stuff from him, the rest of the cast was a joke.

Can't wait for Atlantis, now... Assuming TPTB actually give him some stuff to do and don't treat HIM as the joke!

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                          I had wondered the same thing. But was it really that bad? I missed it...was watching 48 hours of Green Acres.
                          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                            I had wondered the same thing. But was it really that bad?
                            It depends on your definition of "bad". I can't stand movies of this nature because there's little time spent on plot and character development and lots of time spent on thoughts like, "Ooo! Snakes!" And watching snakes eat people and seeing stuff blow up.

The plot was very weak and the so-called "logic" used by some of the characters was pathetic, although I did like that Emmett (Hewlett's character) told the FBI guy that the "fight a big snake with a bigger snake" idea was the stupidest thing he'd ever heard.

The characters were all one dimensional. The bad guys were all brutish and stupid, the FBI Agent was all prim and logical, the buxom marine biologist apparently ONLY knows marine biology and nothing else about anything, and the herpetologist was broody and generally more worried about his snake than the fact that people were dying. And some of the incidental characters were laughable. The deputy with the wide-eyed, eager-to-please look who runs to talk to the FBI agent and trips and falls onto a dead body, splattering himself with gore- and in his excitement doesn't even notice, the "lets ignore our orders and go kill the snake" attitude of the military team- who were introduced, attacked, and the survivors escaped never to be seen again for the rest of the movie...

And don't even get me started on the dialogue. Stilted, unnatural, highly cheesy... you wonder if the writers have ever read a book, seen a movie, or, gods forbid, actually interacted with the real world.

Anyway, David was still fun to watch. I liked his character best of all the cliches.

Comment

Enjoyed your review,Shadow!

Meekly ask,does anyone know if there are any plans in the offing for the Film to be shown on Sky Movies?

I like David too.
                              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                              X