Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the armaments be on a second destiny class ship ? SPOILERS SGU S1 & 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would the armaments be on a second destiny class ship ? SPOILERS SGU S1 & 2

if the alterian built a second destiny what do you think it armament would be?
    this is in the atlantis pre-wraith era and of course conjecture.
    but do you think they would include drones?

Well if it was meant to be a scientific vessel, they would only arm it enough to get the job done. Also I hate to think what would happen if someone managed to disable the vessel and gain the weapons technology.

Comment

true but i was refering to equipment not just weapons...

Comment

I havent seen any technology from that era which would contribute to the mission.

Comment

I would have loved to see a drone chair..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I would have loved to see a drone chair..
            yes but a drone chair is primarily used to fire drones, its a bit useless when no one is on the ship

Comment

There are a few problems with drones though, the first being that someone needs to activate and control them via a chair interface, also power would be an issue and the biggest problem i can think of is what happens when all the drones are used? same issue with all projectile weapons the all need ammo.
              sigpic

Comment

What the heck is up with Gateworld today?
                sigpic
                ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

april fools. and pirr ate the world

Comment

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                    There are a few problems with drones though, the first being that someone needs to activate and control them via a chair interface, also power would be an issue and the biggest problem i can think of is what happens when all the drones are used? same issue with all projectile weapons the all need ammo.
                    I don't think power would be an issue if destiny was in top condition. But I think that they mentioned in the show that you can run out of drones and bullets but your probably not going to run out of stars. The armament depends on the use. Your not going to put AIM-9 s on a cessna are you? If it was a science vessel then slightly less than the curren amount. A battle crusier would have about 30 to 50% more weapons.
                    ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Spoiler:

The main thing I could see is replacing some or all of the main weapons array with the weapon used by the Lantean Defense Satellite. The weapon on that defense satellite was able to be powered by a Naquadah Generator so running four of them on a Destiny class ship might be possible.
                      Last edited by ReplicatedJedi; 19 May 2011, 10:32 PM.
                      http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X