Would someone explain to me . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would someone explain to me . . .

How the Goa'uld forcing humans to mine naquadah under the false pretenses of being "Gods", and then using that naquadah to fuel space ships to conquer the galaxy. Is any different from the Governments of Earth taking billions of dollars from the average tax payers to fund the Stargate Program and build ships all the while keeping all this a secret from said tax payers.

It would seem that in essence the average citizen of Earth is just as much a slave as the people of Abydos or any Goa'uld controlled world were, working away in order to fund an interstellar empire they had no knowledge of.

Mmmh, your theory doesn't hold water I'm afraid. For one thing, even if it's paid by taxpayers who know nothing about it (exclusively US taxpayers, I might add), it's a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the public sector similarly paid for by taxpayers. Compare that to the human and Jaffa slaves who are forced labor as miners.
    sigpic

Comment

Big difference between taxes being used to fund a secret government program, and people used as slave labour to work in that secret government program. It's no different to any other program or secret wars that are fought, just it's on a galactic scale.

People on Earth are being paid for their work to create these ships. The closest thing to save labour would probably the Unas who agreed to mine the mineral but we don't know what type of rewards they are getting in return so it could be a fair deal rather than oil for food type offers that people were talking about during the Iraq war.

sigpic

Comment

So by your theory...would you be just as happy working as a slave in a labour camp as you are now?

Sure taxes are funding weaponry and such but your overlooking a few things..living conditions, rights, etc.
        sigpic

Comment

So in your mind paying taxes is akin to being a slave? Interesting
          sigpic

Comment

The ships being built with taxpayer money are meant to help the taxpayers--the Odyssey, Daedalus, etc all defend Earth in the case of invasion or attack, keeping the taxpayers safe. Just like any other secret weapons programs that are likely being run by the United States government at this very moment. The Stargate program ships are just a tad more advanced
            sigpic
            "Operation this-will-most-likely-end-badly is a go" ~Lt Col John Sheppard

Comment

Yeah ok, I was really drunk when I posted this topic. I remember it sounding really good in my head at the time Upon reading of this while sober however . . . all I can say is, "what was I thinking"

Comment

Niiice...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                sigpic
                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

My motto is, never post when drunk or so angry you can't think straight...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                    Yeah ok, I was really drunk when I posted this topic. I remember it sounding really good in my head at the time Upon reading of this while sober however . . . all I can say is, "what was I thinking"
                    Aah, alcohol. This explains the loss of syntax.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                      sigpic
                      now also appearing on DeviantArt
                      Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Mmmh, your theory doesn't hold water I'm afraid. For one thing, even if it's paid by taxpayers who know nothing about it (exclusively US taxpayers, I might add), it's a drop in the bucket compared to the rest of the public sector similarly paid for by taxpayers. Compare that to the human and Jaffa slaves who are forced labor as miners.
                        Um no, the bulk of the budget comes from the IOA, which is internationally funded.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          Um no, the bulk of the budget comes from the IOA, which is internationally funded.
                          That's only in more recent years.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                          X