Chloe is the new Siler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chloe is the new Siler?

Has anyone else noticed that anything alien related almost always happens to Chloe?

Riley seemed to be like Siler, but since Riley's death, it seems the mantle has passed to Chloe.

Pretty much. It's highly disappointing, really. It's like the only way they can justify her presence, is to use her as the lightning rod for the weird; that's pretty much the only purpose she has aboard ship. I was really hoping she'd develop as more of her own person, as a character in her own right, too. She had a few moments, but not many.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1-AU View Post
      Riley seemed to be like Siler.
      It even rhymes, not .

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
        Pretty much. It's highly disappointing, really. It's like the only way they can justify her presence, is to use her as the lightning rod for the weird; that's pretty much the only purpose she has aboard ship. I was really hoping she'd develop as more of her own person, as a character in her own right, too. She had a few moments, but not many.
        She's developing quite epicly, if I say so myself.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Chloe is definitely the Jackson of the SGU. He's the one who went through physical and mental hijackings like that.

Siler went through all the small, stupid accidents like falling or getting caught in an overload, stuff like that. Chloe is definitely a full blown Daniel Jackson by this stage.

sigpic

Comment

Jackson actually developed despite the "hijackings" or in some cases, because of them. Chloe, after Air, has been pretty much the same. She needed super powers just to stay relevant and become useful, which is a real shame, when they could have had her develop usefulness on her own. They hinted at it, with Justice and Divided, but never followed through. Seeing such potential abandoned makes me go

Comment

Chloe has been one of my favorites since the beginning. In fact she was my favorite in the beginning. If she is the new Siler it just increases her awesomeness.

Comment

Jackson actually developed despite the "hijackings" or in some cases, because of them. Chloe, after Air, has been pretty much the same. She needed super powers just to stay relevant and become useful, which is a real shame, when they could have had her develop usefulness on her own. They hinted at it, with Justice and Divided, but never followed through. Seeing such potential abandoned makes me go
                I do agree they had to do something to give her a usefulness to the show, but that's the difference between SG1 and SGU. SG1 had four characters they had to work on developing with the occasional bit into Hammond and Fraser. SGU has like 7 primary characters and a group of backgrounds so it's not as easy for them to instantly develop her into a better character after her experiences. I would have expected her to start developing more into the third season along with Greer as most of the other characters have had their fill.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Chloe is definitely the Jackson of the SGU. He's the one who went through physical and mental hijackings like that.

Siler went through all the small, stupid accidents like falling or getting caught in an overload, stuff like that. Chloe is definitely a full blown Daniel Jackson by this stage.
                  Most all SG1 had various instances of being taken over by other things. Whether gou'ald, that wierd sphere thing, or the computer program that took over carter.

SGU has like 7 primary characters and a group of backgrounds so it's not as easy for them to instantly develop her into a better character after her experiences. I would have expected her to start developing more into the third season along with Greer as most of the other characters have had their fill.
                  I'd say more than 7.
                  Young
                  Scott
                  Greer
                  Rush
                  Eli
                  Chloe
                  TJ
                  Volkar
                  Brody
                  Parks
                  Wray..
                  IMO they are all the major (more than bit) players..

Comment

Wasn't Siler the one who always got hurt and injured? Chloe has been under the alien influence more than injured. So wouldn't think of her as new Siler.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      Most all SG1 had various instances of being taken over by other things. Whether gou'ald, that wierd sphere thing, or the computer program that took over carter.
                      Jackson was the worst though. He went through more mind altering stuff than anyone else. Sarcophagus addiction, controlled by Hathor, went crazy when Shifu gave him Goa'uld knowledge, had that whole thing brain scramble session with Sha're, swapped places with Machello (his was worse than the 15 minutes the others were swapped), Machello's brain squids floating about causing him to go nuts, died, died again, died again after that but ascended, had his death faked, died but wasn't really dead just invisible, descended, went invisible again, became the host to a ship full of dead people, was taken as a Goa'uld host then killed in another timeline, died in a parallel dimension, turned into a prior, merlin took over his body, and most of that stuff happened to him only.

I'd say more than 7.
                      Young
                      Scott
                      Greer
                      Rush
                      Eli
                      Chloe
                      TJ
                      Volkar
                      Brody
                      Parks
                      Wray..
                      IMO they are all the major (more than bit) players..
                      The top 7 for me are Rush, Young, Eli, Chloe, Greer, TJ, and Scott.

The others are just recurring, like Wray, Telford, Parks, Brody, James. Some do appear more than others, but they aren't main characters.

sigpic

Comment

Chloe is not Siler she has not really been injured that much but Siler was hot like Chloe, wait a minute....... .

Comment

While I would admit Siler took the brunt of the physical abuse in SG-1 (why I made reference to Riley), I still stand behind Chloe being modeled more closely to Siler. I say that because, like others have mentioned, it seems to be the only reason the writers are keeping her around. Also, EVERYONE in SG-1 got their brains taken over multiple times, so making the connection to Daniel Jackson is only picking out the guy with most encounters. In SGU, it seems Chloe is always the target.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            Jackson was the worst though. He went through more mind altering stuff than anyone else. Sarcophagus addiction, controlled by Hathor, went crazy when Shifu gave him Goa'uld knowledge, had that whole thing brain scramble session with Sha're, swapped places with Machello (his was worse than the 15 minutes the others were swapped), Machello's brain squids floating about causing him to go nuts, died, died again, died again after that but ascended, had his death faked, died but wasn't really dead just invisible, descended, went invisible again, became the host to a ship full of dead people, was taken as a Goa'uld host then killed in another timeline, died in a parallel dimension, turned into a prior, merlin took over his body, and most of that stuff happened to him only.
                            True Dr Jackson has seemed to have it the worst..

Comment

...the only way they can justify her presence, is to use her as the lightning rod for the weird;...
                              I like this line. I shall steal it and use it without mercy.

Yeah, Chloe has always been the "common man" perspective. She has no military training, she doesn't have any background in science or engineering or computing ..., but she is there to give us something to ponder, the "what would I do in that case?" kind of questions. Once that role had served its purpose it was only a matter of time before something was done and a niche would be created which she could fill.

regards,
                              G.
                              Go for Marty...

Comment

Working...
                              X