Destiny AIs and their future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny AIs and their future?

So what is going to be the future of the AI on Destiny now that we the audience know about it fully (Franklin) and it was shown that those who have been uploaded into Destiny have access to all of Destiny's data?

Are we going to see Amanda and Ginn helping the crew piece Destiny back together?
    Would they be able to give the crew a back story on Destiny (was it truly never manned?)
    We have access to Diagnostic equipment, something tells me that ship would have a full medical bay with proper tools and equipment wouldn't Ginn or Amanda know where it is now?

The fact that these three have access to all the knowledge on the ship I would love to know what else of importance is on the ship. As far as I know they never found the ships personal weapons and it wouldn't make much sense for the ship not to have an armory. Basically the ship is no longer a mystery to the crew as they have direct access to AI to answer any and all questions they have. Although I wish it could have been dragged out over at least 1 more season (season 3) to learn about the entire ship I'm at least glad we will get some of it before this final season ends.

Can Amanda Perry, Ginn and Franklin communicate with each other within the ship's computer? (Maybe in a coffee-shop setting? (g))

Is there anyone else hiding in there? Maybe an ancient or two?

Comment

I think Perry embraces her new role but Ginn not so much. I get the impression that she's lying to poor Eli at the end. Her body wasn't broken like Perry's. She almost felt willing to accept her fate but did this only at Eli's insistence. I also think she's borderline psychotic. She did kill somebody without hesitation and grew up in a hostile environment. She could become a liability if the series continued.

Comment

I wonder to what degree you need to know something to understand it. Will this be like a chloe type scenario, she can do a lot of interesting things but does not fully understand what she is doing. For instance, was perry able to help with the medical precedure because she was extremely intellegent, but also she possibly had an extremely good knowledge of surgery and the human body as her conditition may have lead her to learn about human physiology? This would mean she could gain access to the information that Desitny has but also able to interpret it for practical application???

Comment

Originally posted by Notleo View Post
          She almost felt willing to accept her fate but did this only at Eli's insistence.
          "Silence that CHILD!!!!" <waves a phaser in a threatening manner>

I hate Eli so hard.

Klaxxon

Comment

Originally posted by Notleo View Post
            I think Perry embraces her new role but Ginn not so much. .... She almost felt willing to accept her fate but did this only at Eli's insistence.
            Like she had an option? If someone told me, "you're dead and we buried your body, but you can live on in THIS way"; I think I would probably say OK (!)

Comment

I guess it all depends on how attached to life she was. For me I'd be like, ok, time to move on, kthxbye!

Klaxxon

Comment

I think this Episode solves once and for all the Chair/AI problem. So far we have all been guessing that Franklin was uploaded to Destiny, now we know.

Thing is that I am not so sure that we will see something unexpected from those that are inside Destiny or the appearence of someone whe dont know. They stated several times that the downloaded councuisness has a specific file and is visible when active. I can imagine that the files containing these People are way different from the rest of Data and therefor easy to find.

I think that also answers what happened to Alternate Rush. He connected to the Ship and died, if he would have transferred to our Destiny we should have noticed it or found the file by now.

As for the Future of them. I am sure they can be of a lot of help, since Amanda stated she had full access to the Destiny´s Database. We have now a Medical Officer, a Nerd, and a Mathgirl in there, this can only become more fun in those few Episodes that are remaining. I am still not sure though if I am going to watch the last one with the big Cliffhanger though.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

I've always liked the sci-fi concept idea of someone becoming part of a computer system, functioning as an AI interface. It's just the way this particular one happened that bugs me. The way it happened to Franklin, was a method I preferred more, as it seemed the natural result of plot progression. This one reeks of convenience, and the stones have been something that begun to rub me the wrong way more and more. It's like the Star Trek transporters all over again.

But this brings up the question of where Franklin is, and why he didn't tell Rush what had happened to him. Does Franklin not know? Or does Franklin no longer really exist, and instead his image is just being used by Destiny (perhaps he burned himself out trying to get Destiny moving again)?

But this will make for some interesting stuff ahead. Perry is a smart scientist and has access to much, if not all, of Destiny's database. She can more easily help them repair the ship and explain what things do. I didn't expect Destiny to be repaired to a pristine state within a season or two, but I did hope they'd make more progress than they have. If they can repair Atlantis, which is incredibly advanced, then they should be able to fix up Destiny much more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    But this will make for some interesting stuff ahead. Perry is a smart scientist and has access to much, if not all, of Destiny's database. She can more easily help them repair the ship and explain what things do. I didn't expect Destiny to be repaired to a pristine state within a season or two, but I did hope they'd make more progress than they have. If they can repair Atlantis, which is incredibly advanced, then they should be able to fix up Destiny much more easily.
                    Destiny is a Rustbucket at best, which the crew didnt even have access to for a long time. I think they have been doing a lot better then it would have been expected. Lets not forget that the People on the Ship where never meant to be there and only very few had actually something they could contribute from the beginning.
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Franklin didn't choose to be uploaded to the ship like Rush did with Amanda and Ginn, I think that may be important as only pieces of his consciousness may have been fully uploaded. For all intents and purposes Franklin could very well be bad code, code that got damaged because it was mearly a side effect and not the intent when he used the chair.

I would suspect that we will learn the limitations of this "AI" so to speak. It works by projecting itself into someone elses subconscious and because of that it really doesn't have much power. I don't think these AI's will have access to actually perform functions on the ship and they may be limited to only allowing 1 person to see them at a time. That could become troublesome for the crew as they struggle to remember that the person they are seeing doesn't really exist in any real physical form.

I also doubt they would be able to communicate with each other as well, since it seems they need a consciousness to project themselves into they couldn't project themselves into one another and have a conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                        Destiny is a Rustbucket at best, which the crew didnt even have access to for a long time. I think they have been doing a lot better then it would have been expected. Lets not forget that the People on the Ship where never meant to be there and only very few had actually something they could contribute from the beginning.
                        Doesn't matter. Since we have the stones, there has been nothing preventing other engineers and scientists from coming aboard and affecting repairs. Just like we had a doctor stone in and take over Chloe to do a surgery, we can have the smartest people on Earth stone in to replace the "useless" people (maybe even some military personnel) and affect repairs.

Comment

It's not that they can't do the repairs themselves, which they obviously can, it's that they are on a ship with no source of supplies with which to affect repairs. They can't make new parts, new pieces of hull, etc. They have to make do. It's much more realistic than Atlantis in that regard (frankly, I always had trouble believing they could spotlessly repair everything they blew up).

Comment

Now a version of Rush's dead wife AND his would-be girlfriend are both in the Destiny computer.

UH OH
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Now a version of Rush's dead wife AND his would-be girlfriend are both in the Destiny computer.

UH OH
                              Rush´s wife was never really inside Destiny. I am pretty sure that was Franklin screwing with Rush in order to do the right thing.
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                              X