Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to posting here--not new to Stargate.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to posting here--not new to Stargate.

Hi everyone! I just recently found this board--I never knew the gateworld had a BBoard. Anyhoo, I saw there was a place here for fanfiction--and wow do I ever need a beta reader or just a place for encouragement...how do I post my stories? Can I post them here???

ThomasCarter
    Never let a promising career get in the way of a good practical joke.

I saw the we can post announcements for fanfic here...here's one for mine...

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch.../holdfast.html

Comment

Hi,

just wanted to be one of the first to welcome you to the Gateworld forum.
      Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Hi there Col Grant...

I was wondering if someone was going to answer me... do people not write much on this board????

TC

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasCarter
          Hi there Col Grant...

I was wondering if someone was going to answer me... do people not write much on this board????

TC
          There aren't many posters on the fanfic threads but there are a lot of lurkers looking for new fics to read. I write so I don't beta, but I found my beta on GW. I posted in this section, but I also posted in the Jack/Sam shipper thread since my fics are J/S ship. You might want to find a thread that has a similar interest to what you write and make a small post there. Don't overdo it or you may be accused of being off topic! Once I found someone interested in betaing, we took it to PM's! Now we talk on the phone! You can find some great help and friends on this board!

Welcome and check out some of the cool threads already going here. I love the thread about Picky Readers! I found tons of stuff there that helps with my writing!

ETA:
          This is also an excellent website that someone on this BB recommended to me and it has beta readers listed on it as well as great resources.

The Beta Site: An SG1 Fanfic Writers ' Resource
          Last edited by Guest; 22 January 2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasCarter
            Hi there Col Grant...

TC
            The fan fiction threads are really the ones with the lowest amount of posters, like meimei said. But if you post at the right places I'm sure you can find a beta reader here. I found two people on Gateworld who are now working with me on a virtual series, so it's a pretty good place to find someone. I'm completely caught up in writing at the moment, and having to get stories ready on time for scheduled publishing dates, so I would be an extremly bad beta; because it would take me forever to read something. I feel a bit like racing against the clock...

But again, I think this is one of the best places to find someone; either for help with something you're working on, or just a whole lot of other fans.
            Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

Comment

Working...
            X