Battlefront II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battlefront II

Wow. I haven't touched this game since about 2006, but reinstalled it today and wow. What a lot of fun it is. I actually sat here and played it for about 3 hours (got up to the Naboo mission) before I decided I should make dinner.

I'd forgotten how much fun it is, insanely fast speed and all!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I have it on Xbox, and still play it today. I used to have the downloadable content that included Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto and a handful of maps from Battlefront I as well as Hero Assault for a few maps. Then my first Original Xbox stopped reading my discs so I deleted everything trying to fix it. I spent 5 bucks on it and I recently got a new Original Xbox. I could of just used a memory card to transfer everything.

But yeah. I played it online all the time. Darn 360 users would created servers and since BFII wasn't a 360 game you would always move to the right with the pressing of any button.

I should get the PC version someday for the custom maps and stuff.

Comment

My biggest complaint with it is really the speed. I understand they wanted an action game, but good god it's just too fast. That and that the enemies do that annoying strafing thing that was so frustrating in JO and JA.

Besides that though, lots of fun. I'd actually totally forgotten about the depth that it brings to the clones' perspective as the Clone Wars come to a close and the Empire is born. Quite nicely done. And the Naboo mission....besides being a little frustrating (even on easy), I love how it shows cheery happy Episode I Naboo being ground down and brought firmly to heel by the new Empire. Cool stuff
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
      X