• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Sam Weiss (321)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    THE LAST SAM WEISS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 321

With Peter unconscious and a freak lightning storm plaguing the Northeast, Olivia teams up with Sam Weiss in the hopes of fixing the machine before it tears the universe apart.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 30 May 2014, 02:30 PM.

FRINGE YOU TEASING LITTLE-!

Dammit I love this show. Awesome episode.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Not as good as last week but still excellent. Loved it!

I'm as excited for next week as I am dreading it. Season finale! I don't want to have to wait months for new Fringe!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Hey man, at least we're getting a new season in the first place. There's always that. That'll make the wait worth it.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Absolutely, so thank goodness for that!

I can't wait to see where things go after the conclusion of tonight's episode I wonder how much it has to do with the timing of the machine's activation not being right.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes. Very good episode, indeedy. I really like this Sam Weiss character, and I hope we are gonna see more of him in the future.. hehe.... future. I loved this episode! I think this three season final parter ( I guess you can call it that!) is much more awesome than season two finale...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Absolutely, so thank goodness for that!

I can't wait to see where things go after the conclusion of tonight's episode I wonder how much it has to do with the timing of the machine's activation not being right.
              Great episode
              Perhaps 2021 is when it was meant to be activated.

Still want to know more of the first people!!
              sigpic

Comment

For some reason, I didn't like this episode very much compared to other Fringe episodes. A lot of plots were not interesting and led to nowhere all while the dialogue felt a bit forced during the whole episode. That's my personal opinion.

While the episode was called Sam Weiss. The character seems to be a different character than in previous episodes. The acting was not the best either (but I understand the actor confusion about his character). We used to respect him for his knowledge and his wisdom (and mystery surrounding him). In that episode, he was almost the comic relief. The hunt for the artifact storyline was pretty bare. Al thought the bowling in the museum scene was funny (even if he didn't have to say that he's own a bowling allay. Olivia and we know).

Same thing for Peter. The Peter amnesia storyline led to nowhere. He arrived in New York then is catch up by the Fringe colleges. There was no meat or action in that storyline.

But I did love the ending and what it promise for next season.

I think in they should have concentrated on only one storyline in this episode (the episode plot) and grow from there. For example the Peter rehabilitation storyline or the Oliva hunt for artifact with Weiss storyline. And I would have hope Weiss has still more knowledge and wisdom to give.

Still it's Fringe, I had fun. 7/10 (enjoyable nothing special)
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Yeah, I was hoping something more interesting with Sam, have him be something more than someone who had an ancestor that discovered something. But who knows, maybe there's something more to him. He does seem unusually perceptive.

But I did enjoy this episode. Bit too much build-up involved though. The lightning thing was good stuff. Waiting for the observers to show up, they can't miss this. They might have been there though. I don't know, did anyone see one pop up anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                    They might have been there though. I don't know, did anyone see one pop up anywhere?
                    He hasn't missed an episode yet!

Comment

Yet another excellent episode. I can't wait for next week's episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

So erm has Peter been transported to the future, or another alternative reality that's 10 years ahead of us?

oh so confused

Comment

I personally thought this episode was excellent. So did my wife. One of the best of the season IMO. I can't wait for next weeks finale, especially knowing we have another season to look forward to.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            So erm has Peter been transported to the future, or another alternative reality that's 10 years ahead of us?

oh so confused
                            Seems to be just the future.

We know it's not Over There, because of the plaque memorial to 9/11. And the show-runners have said recently that they have no plans to involve a third universe. So it looks to be the future!

Unless it ends up being a bit of a cheat and the machine is just showing Peter a vision, or something like that.

Comment

I bet season 4 will be about stopping a possible invasion from the other side.

Comment

Working...
                              X