Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Ken Cuperus write any other episode than CG?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ken Cuperus write any other episode than CG?

In my opinion CG was a fantastic episode to flesh out the wraith more. I can't remember Ken Cuperus writing any other episode. Which is really a shame. Just think if he could have written THE SEER or any other episode with Todd/wraith - human interaction. That would have been a great addition to SGA. Especially after the downfall of Sheppards incomprehensible behaviour towards Todd with regard to their previous encounter in CG. Not to mention to see other well written aspects of wraith society.
    Well, maybe that's just me.
    Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Yes, Ken Cuperus's episode, Common Ground, was a great episode for fleshing out the Wraith and it's too bad that he wasn't made a regular writer for Seasons 4 and 5. The writing for Common Ground was the type of writing that was desperately needed to keep SGA fresh, but unfortunately that kind of freshness wasn't appreciated enough to keep him around after Season 3.

In addition to Common Ground, he also wrote Submersion and he's given story idea credit for The Ark. IMO, The Ark was just a so-so episode, but Submersion, like Common Ground, was a good episode for helping to flesh out the Wraith.

I always had the feeling that as powerful as the Wraith during the series, that they were even more powerful during the time of their battle with the ancients. IMO, thousands of years of not having a powerful enemy to be concerned about made them lazy and complacent. In Allies, one of the Wraith commanders even made mention of how it had been a long time since they had engaged in a real battle.

I have a feeling that if KC had stayed on and been allowed to be the Wraith expert that we could have gotten a lot of good storylines that would have developed the Wraith and benefited SGA overall.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
      I have a feeling that if KC had stayed on and been allowed to be the Wraith expert that we could have gotten a lot of good storylines that would have developed the Wraith and benefited SGA overall.
      So true, but I guess you can't have everything in life.
      Blue is such a nice color, especially if you have wings.

Comment

Working...
      X