Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the ascended ancients shield us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did the ascended ancients shield us?

How were we shielded from the Ori?I was wondering if the ancients used a phasing device on the entire milkyway galaxy

Technology was not involved. It involves realms beyond our existence and understanding.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

ok.I know this is not the right thread for this but I was thinking that maybe thats what they did with Atlantis too and that's why the Wraith stopped attacking the city.

Comment

Magnets

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
          How were we shielded from the Ori?I was wondering if the ancients used a phasing device on the entire milky way galaxy
          The power an ascended has is beyond our understanding. Doing that is easy for them.

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
          ok.I know this is not the right thread for this but I was thinking that maybe thats what they did with Atlantis too and that's why the Wraith stopped attacking the city.
          The Wraith stopped attacking because they thought Atlantis was destroyed. The cloak also blocks life sign readings so there was no way the wraith would know we where still there. Pegasus was also under the ascended protection, else the Ori would have already invaded it.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

The Wraith stopped attacking because they thought Atlantis was destroyed. The cloak also blocks life sign readings so there was no way the wraith would know we where still there. Pegasus was also under the ascended protection, else the Ori would have already invaded it.

I strongly disagree with this but imma start this thread in the SGA forum so we could debate the points there.

Comment

Space Magic....?

Comment

Space Magic....?

hey escyos;you should give me half your green for blasphemy.lol......did u just say Magic?..did u just type the ''M'' word? Now you know there is no magic in sci-fi......heck even Daniel and Mitchell tried to convince ppl it was all science.lol........so fork over dem greens.....and i am a vegetarian...lol

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Technology was not involved. It involves realms beyond our existence and understanding.
                  And rabbits.

KILLER rabbits!!

(Thank you Monty Python!)
                  [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

all they did was put up a sign that say "WARNING: trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again"

Comment

they said "You Shall Not Pass!!" to the Ori.
                      And the Ori ran away.
                      sigpic
                      "Operation this-will-most-likely-end-badly is a go" ~Lt Col John Sheppard

Comment

I interpreted the Ori possessed Doci's comments about how the Ancient's shielded the humans of the MW as rhetoric and not literal. The actual conversation goes :

Doci/Ori - Those who abandoned the path are evil.
                        Daniel Jackason - Why?
                        Doci/Ori - They shielded you, the truth of the universe has been obstructed.

Sounds to me more like propaganda, like saying "the Alterans are evil because they shielded you from the truth that is Origin".
                        Ascended beings are not omniscient or omnipresent, I don't think that the Ori had any way of knowing about anything that happened outside of their galaxy . . . otherwise you would think they would be off trying to convert the Ursini or the Blue Aliens or the Asgard or any other species in a galaxy not inhabited by ascended Alterans.

Comment

That's an interesting way to look at it, but I think the line can also work as;

They shielded you = hide their existence from the Ori.
                          The truth of the universe has been obstructed = the Ori never knew about humanity and therefore their truth of the universe was obstructed.

As you said, ascension doesn't make you omnipresent or omniscient but since the Ori didn't have the power to face the Ancients, their presence in Pegasus and the Milky Way or who knows where else, may have been enough to keep the Ori out of the Milky Way until Jackson and Vala showed up.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            As you said, ascension doesn't make you omnipresent or omniscient but since the Ori didn't have the power to face the Ancients, their presence in Pegasus and the Milky Way or who knows where else, may have been enough to keep the Ori out of the Milky Way until Jackson and Vala showed up.
                            However not being omniscient or omnipresent, how would the Ori have even known where the Alterans were?

Comment

Originally posted by D Toccs View Post
                              However not being omniscient or omnipresent, how would the Ori have even known where the Alterans were?
                              I can't remember which episode it was stated, but I am pretty sure there was a link between the virus which almost wiped out the Ancients in the Milky Way and the one which was released during Fourth Horseman on Earth. I believe it was Jackson who suggested both viruses were the same. If so, then the Ori would have already found the Ancients living in the Milky Way, released the virus then went home believing all life was dead.

Since the Ancients were later cured by those who'd evolved to the point they could cure the virus and recreating life in the Milky Way was their last known act before returning after their war with the Wraith, the Ori wouldn't have had any reason to stay with a lethal virus spreading the galaxy and life in the local galaxies (Pegasus, Ida and Othala) wouldn't begin for millions of years later.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X