Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why that actor for the Scientist Caval??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why that actor for the Scientist Caval??

Why of all the people out there, did they pick such a person as French Stewart to play a scientist, when most of his other roles have been in comedies...

THOUGH he was the Original Feretti in the stargate motion picture...

Why not? I thought he did a respectable enough job.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Star appeal. Big names can bring ratings
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        *sits back and waits for someone to leave a snarky reply about ratings*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          *sits back and waits for someone to leave a snarky reply about ratings*
          "The biases the media has are much bigger than conservative or liberal. They're about getting ratings, about making money, about doing stories that are easy to cover."

Al Franken, "Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them", 2003

There you go.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Why not? I thought he did a respectable enough job.
            Indeed. Personally I was hoping he would be a character that would of appeared more times in the future.The "scientist" counter-part to Telford.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I don't think he is a big enough star for ratings. People just recognized him as that guy from the movie after all

Comment

still cant remember french stewart being in the original movie... who was he?

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
                  still cant remember french stewart being in the original movie... who was he?
                  Ferretti. As was said in the first post in this thread.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                    I don't think he is a big enough star for ratings. People just recognized him as that guy from the movie after all
                    Fans yes. Casual viewers howvwer who more prone to watching comedies will recgnoize him
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Since he isn't the first ex-original movie actor to be in the franchise in general it doesn't surprise me that they'd invite him on esspecially if he showed an interest in it. Sometimes this stuff just happens because said actor really likes the show or TPTB feel like doing a little unobtrusive nod to the movie.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        Since he isn't the first ex-original movie actor to be in the franchise in general it doesn't surprise me that they'd invite him on esspecially if he showed an interest in it. Sometimes this stuff just happens because said actor really likes the show or TPTB feel like doing a little unobtrusive nod to the movie.
                        Thats how Wayne Brady got a role
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Wayne Brady got a role because he walked into the writers' room and asked if he was gonna have to smack a b****

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Why of all the people out there, did they pick such a person as French Stewart to play a scientist, when most of his other roles have been in comedies...

THOUGH he was the Original Feretti in the stargate motion picture...
                            Why not?

Comment

I thought he did a really good job.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X