Time Travel and the Shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time Travel and the Shock

I can't understand how did the Destiny managed to time travel, did the ship sunk into the Stargate and somehow remained intact? I understand about the solar flare and Telford, but the destiny itself? Someone has an idea of how she traveled? And the way Telford died was in my opinion wrong. 1000 Volts are not essentially deadly unless you grab it or fall into it. The way Telford died, the shock should have thrown him off. He was touching the electrical contacts with his back. The short-circuit should have thrown him away resulting in Telford still being alive. Someone agrees with me?
    Last edited by Steelbox; 22 March 2011, 11:08 AM. Reason: Minor spelling mistakes
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

His flash light. (Witch burned out after several seconds, shouldn't it have burnt as soon as Telford touched the contacts?)
    Last edited by Steelbox; 22 March 2011, 11:24 AM.
    sigpic
    - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
      His flash light.
      Yeah, noticed that now. My bad.
      sigpic

Comment

Sssh. don't pick apart the episode, I like it the way it is.
        Last edited by General Jumper One; 22 March 2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I agree about the flashlight, it should have exploded the instant he hit the broken conduit. But as for the power itself, 1000 volts is very deadly, 230 volts from a wall socket here can be deadly, and thats limited at 16 Amps. There was nothing said about the amount of amps running through there.

And:
          Spoiler:
          Given that one of those nodes was apparently capable of doubling the amount of weapons destiny could bring online, i'd say that quite a few amps were also running through there.

Comment

i believe why the destiny got sent back in time is because how the ship its self is connected with the gate, thus why it needs to be in a star to get enough power. just my thought anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Voyager_sput View Post
              I agree about the flashlight, it should have exploded the instant he hit the broken conduit. But as for the power itself, 1000 volts is very deadly, 230 volts from a wall socket here can be deadly, and thats limited at 16 Amps. There was nothing said about the amount of amps running through there.

And:
              Spoiler:
              Given that one of those nodes was apparently capable of doubling the amount of weapons destiny could bring online, i'd say that quite a few amps were also running through there.
              I agree about the amp. But he should have been ajected and not stand there. My nitpick was more on the way his death was depicted.
              sigpic

Comment

I agree with you about the Telford issue. If he had grabbed the conduit he would be unable to let go or if he fallen on top of it he would have remained there. But as it was shown his back a flat surface area was all that touched it, and as such he should have been thrown forward immediately, in which case he may have survived (although he would be horribly burnt and not in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by Voyager_sput View Post

And:
                  Spoiler:
                  As an Electronics technician, let me correct you on one thing. I can take 500000 volts, as long as the Amperage is low (say in the micro amps level). As it is not the voltage, but the current that kills!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    As an Electronics technician, let me correct you on one thing. I can take 500000 volts, as long as the Amperage is low (say in the micro amps level). As it is not the voltage, but the current that kills!
                    True, thats what i meant, 1 amp is enough to put you on fire. And Telford did smoke a little actually, that was neat.
                    sigpic

Comment

I also loved the eyes... Too often in shows i see the eyes NOT get all bloodded up when shocked..

Comment

The eyes were great, it made it look very real! 1 shot before that his eyes were still white.

Comment

Working...
                        X