PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Moments/Quotes/Greer and Wray's Wild Ride from 'Alliances'

MattSilver 3k
March 21st, 2011, 09:17 PM
... 'Kay. Y'all know the drill and stuff. Don't have many right off the bat, but will edit in more as I remember/after my rewatch.

Moments:
- "New Chloe" working at the bridge. You go girl.

- Greer. All over. What a guy.

- The geiger counter technician's leg/arm or whatever coming off. I lol'd.

Quotes:
- Covell: "People back at Stargate Command call you the Boy Wonder."
Eli: *laughs nervously* "Does that make Rush my Batman?"
*Awkward silence*
Eli: "Guess not."
Brody: "Adam Brody."
Volker: "Dale Volker."
Brody: "We work here too."

- About Varro:
TJ: "Sir I think he's telling the truth."
Young: "Oh I know you do."
(Oh Young)

Greer and Wray's Wild Ride:
- "He's Lucian Alliance!"
BANG BANG. Go Greer. Saw it coming, but yeah, go Greer. Kinda wanted him to whip out the wooden splits on his legs and whack Evans to death. That'd be cool.

Some interesting by-play between the two. Unique team-ups for the win. I like. Next week: TJ and Eli in Weekend At Rushes!

morbosfist
March 21st, 2011, 09:22 PM
Michaels being the better person and willingly going back to her dying body to disarm the bomb. Clearly, SGU senators must be opponents of Kinsey.

Vanek26
March 21st, 2011, 09:24 PM
Michaels being the better person and willingly going back to her dying body to disarm the bomb. Clearly, SGU senators must be opponents of Kinsey.

Yeah. Thats two that sacrificed themselves.

KEK
March 21st, 2011, 09:48 PM
I liked Greer breaking down the end, and the little laugh him and Camille shared earlier.

KEK
March 21st, 2011, 09:59 PM
The little exchange between Tj and Young was funny. It went something like...

TJ: I trust him.

Young: I know you do.

TJ: *wtf look*

:lol:

trunksy
March 21st, 2011, 11:33 PM
Yeah. Thats two that sacrificed themselves.

Now why can't our senators be like that rather than being trading on "donations" from corporate sponsors. Oh right, the rest of us don't donate/participate in our political process enough to make up for what the corporate sponsors do.

KEK
March 21st, 2011, 11:46 PM
To be fair, she didn't really sacrifice herself, her life was forfeit anyway.

Selene1212
March 22nd, 2011, 12:06 AM
- About Varro:
Young: "Oh I know you do."
(Oh Young)

The little exchange between Tj and Young was funny. It went something like...

TJ: I trust him.

Young: I know you do.

TJ: *wtf look*

:lol:This. Totally.

And the bit where Greer said "Okay so lets talk."
And Camille says, "I have nothing to say."

Pecisk
March 22nd, 2011, 02:49 AM
"Does that make Rush my Batman?"...Silense.."Guess not" :D

This. was. just. perfect. It made me chuckle instantly. Perfect comedian timing too.

Cold Fuzz
March 22nd, 2011, 02:54 AM
- The geiger counter technician's leg/arm or whatever coming off. I lol'd.

Matt, for a while, I thought I was the only one who would have laughed at that instance of dismemberment. Glad to see there were others. Great minds think alike. ;)

KEK
March 22nd, 2011, 03:03 AM
Matt, for a while, I thought I was the only one who would have laughed at that instance of dismemberment. Glad to see there were others. Great minds think alike. ;)

I forgot about that :lol:

MattSilver 3k
March 22nd, 2011, 03:12 AM

I forgot about that :lol:

Horrible people, all of us. I just looked at it and thought it was like something out of a Saw film, and Wray's reaction was exactly how I'd called it. Even Greer comforting her. Just made me lol.

Pecisk
March 22nd, 2011, 03:14 AM

Yes, but accepting your faith in such moment with dignity and peace is remarkable trait in any human being. You understand is that all you can do is try to do your best so others won't die - even if you will.

Cold Fuzz
March 22nd, 2011, 03:17 AM
Horrible people, all of us.

Bloody ****ing horrible, we are. I love it. :lol:

If I didn't have gallows humor about things like dismemberment, the smell of beached whales or having to be a lumberjack to clear out felled trees from dirt roads in a forest, my job would swallow me whole.

thekillman
March 22nd, 2011, 03:32 AM
yea i loved that moment. Wray pulls the arm and it comes off XD.

also loved the teamwork. considering the LA guy could've just ran off to the nearest exit, it didn't make sense for a guy WORKING there to not do it. so aside from the "scientist' thing, that pretty much gave him away as LA.

did like the touching on some of the problems, like connecting to Destiny and finding a doctor actually wanting to stay there

Egle01
March 22nd, 2011, 06:13 AM

- About Varro:
Young: "Oh I know you do."These.

Also when both Greer and Wray started laughing. It took me some time to understand why, but it was a very nice moment. Also, when they started opening up to each other in the end. :)

Interesting, that in one episode, and half of it I spent disliking the lady senator, they managed to make me sad seeing her stat working on the bomb. Very brave of her.

Wonder what will happen with the stones (or at least for some time)? I'd like to see some other reacting to the situation.

blueray
March 22nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
greer and wray scene toward the end. especially when she was like "i have nothing to say" and both start laughing.

chloe saying why she would stay on destiny.

Egle01
March 22nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
Rush saying he's on his way, and then continues to just sit there and takes another sip. :D

The Destiny
March 22nd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Rush saying his on his way, and then continues to just sit there and takes another sip. :D

I hadn't noticed that one, time for a rewatch.

Greer: I'm off duty, right?
Wray: Yes?
Greer: Than I don't have to talk to you.

Egle01
March 22nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
Greer: Than I don't have to talk to you.When did he say that? Looks like I missed it. Well, a re-watch time then!

jelgate
March 22nd, 2011, 07:35 AM
When did he say that? Looks like I missed it. Well, a re-watch time then!

It was right before the attack on Earth

The Destiny
March 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
a short moment after they arrived on Earth and started walking into the hallway, when Greer still didn't want to talk.

FoX-1028
March 22nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
Greer laughing. :D

escyos
March 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
Leg!!!!

Egle01
March 22nd, 2011, 11:47 AM
It was right before the attack on EarthOkay, thanks.

Leg!!!!I'm still not sure if it was a leg or an arm. :confused::P

mi_guard
March 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM
or Rush, keeping hidden, listening to Young speaking to the senator, admitting that he was of Rush's opinion :D

The Destiny
March 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Rush about Kovel: "He's the type of man who likes to keep secrets

* irony! * irony! *

mi_guard
March 22nd, 2011, 02:17 PM

* irony! * irony! *
:lol:

and following Volker's comment: "We know the type" :D

smart
March 22nd, 2011, 08:21 PM
The laugh between Wray and Greer towards the end, when they thought they were going to die due to extensive radiation positioning since it allowed the two to connect positive ad was quite comical, given how they both recognized that Camille enjoyed talking, but had nothing to say in what seemed to be her last moments.

Gollumpus
March 22nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
When the senator introduces herself to Chloe as an old family friend, Rush suddenly perks up and you can see the wheels turning in his head, "How can I use this...?"

regards,
G.

blueray
March 22nd, 2011, 09:36 PM

* irony! * irony! *

yeah, and i think it was eli that said some thing like i guess you would know

Gollumpus
March 22nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Another Chloe moment: the senator is bemoaning how Chloe is "stuck out here" and how her father had such plans for her. There are so many levels in the look that Chloe is giving the senator at that moment.

regards,
G.

Cairistiona
March 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
'We work here too!'
I love these two together!

Perelandra
March 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
'We work here too!'
I love these two together!

That was priceless!

Young angst coming across TJ and Varro.
and later....T.J. saying "I trust him(Varro)
Young: "Oh I know YOU do."
Greer opening up to Wray slightly at the end and admitting that he and his mother weren't close.

garhkal
March 23rd, 2011, 12:31 PM
... 'Kay. Y'all know the drill and stuff. Don't have many right off the bat, but will edit in more as I remember/after my rewatch.

Moments:

- Greer. All over. What a guy.

Quotes:
- Covell: "People back at Stargate Command call you the Boy Wonder."
Eli: *laughs nervously* "Does that make Rush my Batman?"
*Awkward silence*
Eli: "Guess not."
Brody: "Adam Brody."
Volker: "Dale Volker."

I'd also add in.
Wray to Young "He's the only one who has NOT used the stones, order him to"
Then skip to greer showing up in the stone room..

Varro standing in front of the senator/scientist and as soon as the switch occurs him going into his quick spiel..

She got MAD props from me for this. Though i thought that ancient healing device/gou'ald healer could repair radiation injuries???

I liked Greer breaking down the end, and the little laugh him and Camille shared earlier.

We finally see he IS fallable..

True. but the fact she still went back, knowing it was a death sentence, rather than stay there for a while (and still die when Wray died eventually) gives her a boost up in my view..

also loved the teamwork. considering the LA guy could've just ran off to the nearest exit, it didn't make sense for a guy WORKING there to not do it. so aside from the "scientist' thing, that pretty much gave him away as LA.

I think it was more the he could get out otherwise, and felt disarming it might have given him the out.

Rush saying his on his way, and then continues to just sit there and takes another sip.

That was fun.. especially the look on Brody's face..

Greer: Than I don't have to talk to you.

That was a classic!

Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble
March 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Wrays perfect soldier comment to greer :D.

Captain James
March 23rd, 2011, 05:34 PM
The laughing between Greer and Wray near the end!

garhkal
March 24th, 2011, 01:51 PM

I would have loved to see Greer back in atlantis or on one of the SG teams.. to see his early years.

Replicator Todd
March 25th, 2011, 03:09 PM
I think my favorite moment in the episode was Caval and Rush on the bridge.

SpinningChevron
April 26th, 2011, 12:01 PM

That was a great scene. Also I think pairing Wray and Greer was a good idea.