PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 - Renewal Announcements/ Announcements Discussion

Homer 120
March 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM
''We will come here first with the news of a pick up.''

http://twitter.com/JWFringe

Will keep this post updated with any further news, Joel also commented about the show ''Already being Canceled'' rumor floating around the net as of late:

''Hi. I just hopped on and saw all this. Fringe is not cancelled. Some people love bad news SO much they make it up. ; )''

LtColCarter
March 21st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Well, its good to find out that it was just a rumor. I honestly think they'd be crazy not to renew it.

chrono trigger
March 21st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Well, its good to find out that it was just a rumor. I honestly think they'd be crazy not to renew it.

why would they be crazy to not renew it? i mean i really like fringe but the ratings are horrible.

mr_kennedy
March 21st, 2011, 02:20 PM
I would like my 2 favorite shows to be renewed for next season, this & Chuck

J-Whitt Remastered
March 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm a little behind, but I really hope Fringe is renewed. I have little enough new sci-fi to watch as is.

DigiFluid
March 21st, 2011, 03:08 PM
I would like my 2 favorite shows to be renewed for next season, this & Chuck
I really enjoy Chuck, but at this point it's starting to feel like it's overstayed its welcome IMO. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, it just seems to me that they're running out of ideas for stories. It's had a great run, but if it ends this year I can't say I'll be all that broken up about it--basically all the major stories have either been resolved or are drawing to a close.

Fringe, on the other hand, I'll be upset if it gets cancelled. Unless the final episodes of this year kick it into warp 9, Fringe absolutely needs a short-order season 4 at the very least to finish its story. I'm not optimistic, what with FOX sending it to the Friday Night Death Slot and all, but I hope.

Krisz
March 21st, 2011, 05:33 PM
Fringe could go off on any weird tangent, that's the joy of watching this show. A fourth season would be a good thing as far as I'm concerned, it has to continue bringing us the weird and wacky situations, and those wonderful characters that face them! There's hardly anything left to watch that I look forward to now, Fringe must go on, flying the flag for the absorbing, clever shows that have fallen in their prime!!!

Aaahhh, feel better for that!!! :D

LtColCarter
March 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM
why would they be crazy to not renew it? i mean i really like fringe but the ratings are horrible.

Obviously, you've not watched the show...and the ratings aren't "horrible."

the fifth man
March 21st, 2011, 06:11 PM

I totally agree with that. I really want another season.

LtColCarter
March 21st, 2011, 06:12 PM
I totally agree with that. I really want another season.

As do I, of course! :)

the fifth man
March 21st, 2011, 06:13 PM
As do I, of course! :)

IMO, this story deserves to continue. I really want to see where they take this show.

LtColCarter
March 21st, 2011, 06:17 PM
IMO, this story deserves to continue. I really want to see where they take this show.

Ultimately, I would like a total of 5 seasons...more if possible...but at least 5.

chrono trigger
March 21st, 2011, 07:19 PM
Obviously, you've not watched the show...and the ratings aren't "horrible."

i do watch the show and the ratings keep falling to new lows and if im not mistaken recently they have slipped to a 1.5 in the important demo so they are not exactly good are they. anyway i never meant any offense and i do truly want it renewed im just being realistic about how fox will view it's performance.

magictrick
March 22nd, 2011, 09:31 AM
Anything that gets put on Friday night means it is nearing the end. I think the show is great but history dictates the chances are stacked against a renewal.

LtColCarter
March 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM
Anything that gets put on Friday night means it is nearing the end. I think the show is great but history dictates the chances are stacked against a renewal.

Not always

LtColCarter
March 22nd, 2011, 09:52 AM

Not always

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM

That may be, but I am definitely not ready to give up hope. I am so sick of good shows being taken off the air, while more and more "reality" TV garbage continues to succeed.

starg8fans
March 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM

On the other hand, they need shows for the Friday slots that are still able to draw a sizable crowd. And a well established one with a loyal fan base is the obvious candidate.

That may be, but I am definitely not ready to give up hope. I am so sick of good shows being taken off the air, while more and more "reality" TV garbage continues to succeed.

I know. I've almost given up on watching TV after realizing that in most of the stuff that goes for 'entertainment' nowadays the ad breaks are the best part...

Homer 120
March 23rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Only a few days left, if what Noble said is true, until we hear about a 4th season!

the fifth man
March 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
Only a few days left, if what Noble said is true, until we hear about a 4th season!

Really? When did he say that?

chrono trigger
March 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM

did he sound optimistic?

Homer 120
March 24th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Just what I read, turns out some have 'misread' the quote. He said he ''Hopes'' the announcement happens this week

chrono trigger
March 24th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Just what I read, turns out some have 'misread' the quote. He said he ''Hopes'' the announcement happens this week

yeah i have heard rumours it will be announced soon.

LtColCarter
March 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Whenever the news is...I hope its good news! :D

the fifth man
March 24th, 2011, 05:37 PM
I really hope this is true. If it is, thank you FOX:D -

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/03/fringe-renewed-for-season-4.html

Killdeer
March 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Confirmed - Fourth Season Renewal Official (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/24/its-official-fringe-renewed/86988). :)

It's fantastic news - I totally wasn't expecting that.

the fifth man
March 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Nice to know it is official. Now we can all breathe a sigh of relief, and just enjoy the rest of this season. Now we know we have another one to look forward to.:) Very wise decision FOX.

chrono trigger
March 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM
oh my god i cant believe it:eek: im happy but so shocked and i take it back Ltcolcarter clearly they agreed with you about being crazy to not renew it.:p

starg8fans
March 24th, 2011, 08:26 PM
YES!!! That just may my day. I'm so glad they'll get a chance to continue this amazing story, and hopefully bring it to a proper conclusion.

And kudos to Fox for looking beyond the ratings.

jmoz
March 24th, 2011, 08:44 PM
I just wet myself.

MattSilver 3k
March 24th, 2011, 08:49 PM
****. YEAH.

Oh wow. Awesome news.

hellrasinb
March 24th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Well I think FOX gave them 1 more season just as they let DollHouse have 1 more season they all ready knew they were cancelling it they just wanted to see what would happen if it was given 1 last chance so Season 4 of Fringe I think is the shows last chance and if people watch the show from Season premier to finale and the Numbers are between 8.2 & 10 per episode then we might get a 5th.

DigiFluid
March 25th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Confirmed - Fourth Season Renewal Official (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/24/its-official-fringe-renewed/86988). :)

It's fantastic news - I totally wasn't expecting that.
Hell yes!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Same story, from EW (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/03/24/fringe-renewed-for-fourth-season/)

Stormtrooper
March 25th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Sorry for having doubted you, O Holy Observer.

This is like Fox's White Tulip for frustrated sci-fi fans.

:D:D:D

Homer 120
March 25th, 2011, 01:55 AM
YES! YES! YES!! What news to wake up to :D

KatG
March 25th, 2011, 03:33 AM
WooHoo!

Just saw the same story at TV Line. For a full 22 episodes!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/03/breaking-fox-renews-fringe/

Tanith0709
March 25th, 2011, 04:23 AM
Let me loose control for a second: WOOO THANK GOD FOR THAT, YAS!!! :D:D:D

I'm really really glad Fringe got renewed, was starting to loose faith in the continuation of good Sci-Fi.

Sp!der
March 25th, 2011, 04:36 AM
Good God, I was worried there a sec.... I love it. Fringe is my favorite show at the moment and its great that it got another season beyond that we have to see, but season four is official so this just made my weekend! and after the May season finale I will be able to rewatch this great show and able to know that there is gonna be a season 4 baby!

Homer 120
March 25th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Kudos to whomever changed the thread title, thanks!

maxbo
March 25th, 2011, 04:56 AM
Great news. I was so sure Fringe would be canceled that I thought it was practically a done deal. Now, I can enjoy the rest of the season without wondering about an aggravating unresolved cliffhanger for this season.

Homer 120
March 25th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Will be interesting to see the ratings tomorrow for sure!

LtColCarter
March 25th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Will be interesting to see the ratings tomorrow for sure!

I hope they're good ratings!

Lucario
March 25th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hurrah for the renewal of the uber awesome show.
Now I can breathe a sigh of relief.
*Faints from pure happiness*

LtColCarter
March 25th, 2011, 08:44 AM
To quote a Tweet by TV writer/executive-producer Damon Lindelof, “In an alternate universe, FRINGE was just cancelled. In this one, however, SEASON FOUR, baby!” He’s not joking, either! If you’re a Fringe fan, you’ll be happy to know that word on the Twitter is, Fox is keeping the series around.

Source: Cinema Blend (http://www.cinemablend.com/television/Fox-Renews-Fringe-Season-4-30921.html)

magictrick
March 25th, 2011, 10:28 AM
What? Fox made a good decision regarding a Sci-Fi show? Impossible!

Great news!

dipsofjazz
March 25th, 2011, 10:49 AM
:D This is excellent news.

LtColCarter
March 25th, 2011, 11:19 AM
What? Fox made a good decision regarding a Sci-Fi show? Impossible!

Great news!

I know...right! Who knew that Fox could make good decisions regarding sci fi!

:D This is excellent news.

I concur!

billyd797
March 25th, 2011, 12:03 PM
yeaaaaa!!!!!! fringe:D

Lainier
March 25th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Confirmed - Fourth Season Renewal Official (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/24/its-official-fringe-renewed/86988).
...and there was much rejoicing :D

Tanith0709
March 25th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Who's got the cake?

This situation warrants it. http://forum.gateworld.net/images/gw_smilies/tongue.gif

Commander Zelix
March 25th, 2011, 02:33 PM
tvbythenumbers have a lot of explaining to do. :) :devil:

Replicator Todd
March 25th, 2011, 03:17 PM
I still have yet to watch this show I'm sure I'm going to love, but a fourth season being granted by the evil Fox Regime only increases my chances of watching very soon!

Derocalypse
March 25th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Yessss!!!!!!!!!!! Go Fringe!!!! Im so glad that this great show is coming back. :) I wonder if V is going to comeback as well. I hope it does.

Tanith0709
March 25th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Yessss!!!!!!!!!!! Go Fringe!!!! Im so glad that this great show is coming back. :) I wonder if V is going to comeback as well. I hope it does.

If it does tvbythenumbers should **** down its website lol

JohnDuh
March 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Now now, they are just guessing - they never claimed certainty :)

mr_kennedy
March 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Excellent news

the fifth man
March 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM
With how good tonight's episode was, it is just more proof that FOX made a wise decision in renewing Fringe for another season.

LtColCarter
March 25th, 2011, 07:05 PM
With how good tonight's episode was, it is just more proof that FOX made a wise decision in renewing Fringe for another season.

Amen...big 'ole amen! :D

Commander Zelix
March 25th, 2011, 09:24 PM
No, we still need it for the ratings. :P Just joking, they do give a lot of press to Fringe (and got a lot of web hits from it).

And what was the deal with that "maskedscheduler" all about. Was he the janitor at Fox or what? Inside source my.... :)

Homer 120
March 26th, 2011, 02:29 AM
VERY interested in seeing the ratings for ''Bloodline'' after this! FOX made the right call for once!

Commander Zelix
March 27th, 2011, 09:01 AM
VERY interested in seeing the ratings for ''Bloodline'' after this! FOX made the right call for once!
Yes, it's now more encouraging to watch new scripted show on Fox knowing that they may stick around and maintained quality shows for a few seasons despite not having Dancing with the stars-like ratings.

Hopefully, fans of the show can generate some buzz from now on and during the summer around Fringe so more people get acquainted and re-acquainted with it. Catching up with the storylines when possible. In season 3, imo, Fringe as much improved. It was always good but now it's great.

I also think they got the perfect balances between continuous character and mythology/storylines arcs and episode cases (they called it one time mythalone). Especially, when they tie up the episode cases with the mythology ("Amber 31422", "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?", "The Box" etc, or "Safe", "In Which We Meet Mr. Jones" in season 1). There's a complete episode cases but it's related somehow to the action of the ZFT, rogues organizations, governments (hopefully), shape-shifters sabotage in our universe, Walternate plans, etc. It add another layers to the stories.

FrodoFraggins
March 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I generally like arc based shows, but I tend to find Fringes standalone episodes to be better. I hope they move away from the soap opera elements next year.

Angela V
March 29th, 2011, 10:18 AM
So glad I can do a happy dance for Fringe! Didn't want it to be the 3rd sci-fi show I would lose for next season.