This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Ships

we have seem the puddle juppers and quite frankly i find em kinda crappy for something the ancients made, dont get me wrong they can can take out darts and even gouald motherships with ease but wheres the cool shield that is virtualy indestructable and all the cool weapons not that the GJOD isnt good but come on the Ancients, cant they use G godfish OD or something like that, or what about hand held weapons come on people!

the Ancients weren't a warlike people so they probably didn't have lots of really advanded weaponary, y build weapons when your never going to use them

Comment

Even for a Peaceful Race, they would have to have some kind of advanced Weapons or Defensive Weapon to protect urself, and with them being all advanced It would be very possible to asume they would make Advanced weapons.

Comment

Isnt Atlantis itself a ship.

the puddle jumpers are its short range craft.

Comment

Lmao in a way Atlantis is Ship, more of a City Ship, the Puddle Jumpers could be called that as well as Long Range cus they can go through the gate far away..

Comment

Spoilers for THE DEFIANT ONE, the siege and before I sleep, the gift.(might be other episodes also .
            Spoiler:
            If you seen defiant or read gateworld siege episode guide you will out they had an obital weapons platform. Also they had a chair weapon system in atlantis. Also from before I sleep I remember one of the ancients saying something like our biggest ship was more than a match for wraith however by sheer number of wraith ships vs ancient ships ancient were being beaten. from that statement I would guess they had ships alot more powerful than puddle jumpers. I would guess most of advanced ancient ships were destroyed in the battle they had with the wraith
            Last edited by jburrows; 22 January 2005, 08:55 AM.
            http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

Damn, if the Ancients couldn’t beat the Wraith with their big ass ships… the humans have their work cut out from them with those little PJs. Good thing, unlike the Ancients, we humans are a warlike people and we get creative with what we’ve got.

Comment

It's also not helped by the fact that the Ancients were probably so technologically advanced when compaired to the Asgard, Nox, Furlings, Gua-aulds, and everyone else in the galaxy that they had no need for super-advanced weapons. They're second-string weapons would've been more than enough to deal with any threat the other races posed to them.

Enter the Wraith, who's technology and power rivaled the Lantians. They'd never before encountered beings like that, and didn't have any weapons/defenses ready for a counter-attack. However, I'm certain that the Ancients learned to do so rather quickly, but they were outnumbered despite their technical advantages.

The puddle jumpers were probably relics of the pre-Wraith technology, with second-stringer weapons and technology.
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I am surprised that they don’t have any hand held weapons, even though they are not a warlike race. Also, I thought they might have had some sort of planetary shield to protect worlds from the Wraith. They are supposed to be a superior race and they never devised anything like that. I know that the city shield is strong enough, but what about other worlds. Just a thought. What do you think?
                  There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

It would great to have an episode that the Atlantis team find an ancient warship like
                    Spoiler:
                    in THE DEFIANT ONE the Wraith ship that was shot down
                    . It can then be used by SGA and SG1. would be an interesting episode and gives us a chance to see what ancient ships looked like.

There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

They may well have had hand held weapons, maybe they took them away when they left Atlantis.

But maybe there are still some armouries left around the City, which haven't been found yet.

Comment

I think that the ancients have big battle ships but proably in a differnt planet....hidden like a second base that the wraith done even know of....or maybe they have a hanger in atlantis that they still havent found with ships....or maybe destoryed.....i like the idea that they must have it hidden in a differnt planet maybe that would be for season two.....

Comment

Yeah, good point, after all its a big ship
                          There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

Well I doubt the ancients have no ships left at all, their technology seems to survive a very long time.

It would have been very smart for them to have had an "Alpha" or "Beta" site. And it's probably still out there somewhere.

Comment

maybe the ships are docked with atlantis they maybe using cloaks? if you look at the city it looks like there are C chapes around where they could be docked
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                              X