Why didn't they take this chance ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why didn't they take this chance ...

To send some sort of signal in sub space saying "Maday Maday .... Destiny is crashing into the sun, please help" or something like that. Trying to send a message to the blue aliens that we are dying so they stop chasing us .... Couldn't they have done something like that, even if it was from our destiny and not the dying one?

I don't think the blue aliens would have crossed anyone's mind, especially when they think that they're no longer following them.

Comment

I doubt they would've thought of them, though it's a decent idea, but then again given enough time we could think of dozens of good ideas for this situation that they just did not have the time for. At first I didn't even think of spare parts!

Comment

And if the Blues had saved Destiny, captured it and slapped a hyperdrive on her?

Whatever nefarious deeds be planned with our big gal or her component technology would fall into the hands of an already known and hostile species.

N.C

Comment

IMO, they shouldn't have even if the idea had crossed their mind. Right now they are even with the Blueberries and if they asked for a favor it would be an oppurtunity for them to start following Destiny again. They are in what is similar to a truce now.

Comment

Its back to stalemate, not truce imo.

They couldnt track us except when Blue Chloe gave our position away, now they've lost their blue ace in the hole and its back to chasing Destiny through hyperspace and trying to collapse her shields.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
              And if the Blues had saved Destiny, captured it and slapped a hyperdrive on her?

Whatever nefarious deeds be planned with our big gal or her component technology would fall into the hands of an already known and hostile species.

N.C
              The Destiny was falling into the sun. I really doubt the Blueberries could have found them quick enough. (or rather the Destiny).

Comment

There is something I didn't understand. It was supposed to be in return for something, so what did the Blueberries get?
                From what I understood, the Destiny crew got help twice, but nothing in return for the Blueberries.
                They let the shuttle get back AND they healed Chole. I know they could have got some information from Chloe, but they would never say it officially. It's done serently, so what the apparent gain?

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                  There is something I didn't understand. It was supposed to be in return for something, so what did the Blueberries get?
                  From what I understood, the Destiny crew got help twice, but nothing in return for the Blueberries.
                  They let the shuttle get back AND they healed Chole. I know they could have got some information from Chloe, but they would never say it officially. It's done serently, so what the apparent gain?
                  The point was so they could get information from her, they healed her in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
                    To send some sort of signal in sub space saying "Maday Maday .... Destiny is crashing into the sun, please help" or something like that. Trying to send a message to the blue aliens that we are dying so they stop chasing us .... Couldn't they have done something like that, even if it was from our destiny and not the dying one?
                    Just out of curiosity, if they had sent such signal, how would anybody understand it? They are on the other side of the universe, I highly doubt life forms there speak English! True, Blues seem to have mastered some simple text messages but there's a difference between understanding "Surrender" and "SOS" or "Mayday". In fact I'd argue that it would be impossible without knowing Earth Western culture + English. Tall order, even for the Blues.
                    There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                    sigpic
                    awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Actually, they should have sent a distress signal to the Blueberries. They don't need to understand its a distress signal but they can track the dying Destiny.

If timed just right, the Blues will arrive just as the Destiny is falls into the sun and they will assume it is gone and stop trying to chase them. The only thing is Destiny-B would have to long gone by then.
                      The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

And without some sort of 'tractor beam' to stop it falling in before they left, that would have been impossible.

Comment

they can do a hyper jump

Comment

What???

Comment

Working...
                            X