What happened to Rush2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Rush2?

So.. We saw him sit in the chair, we saw him start into the process that Dr. Franklin went through.

Did he have enough time to go where-ever it was that Franklin went?

KlaxxonBlue

No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw him again. Unless it was something left for season 3.
    sigpic

Comment

He appears to have dropped into the sun with the destiny. Unless that chair can transport, he's a goner
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Barbecue.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we are supposed to think that he might have ascended. Personally, I think he was just going to his happy place to ride out what was left of his life. The look from "our" Rush was one of envy, so perhaps the laying down of burdens and mingling with Destiny was something which was really appealing to him. Rush would get one last chance to spend time with his wife and since it would be computer time he could have an entire lifetime.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

I always look at scenes like this as the writers giving themselves room in the future to wiggle in and out of past storylines. Really, unless you see the body, and it is chopped into little pieces can you be assured someone is dead. But wait, with time travel, cloning, and god knows what else you can always find room to bring someone back. That was a scene where it did seem somewhat questionable because the very last shot was exactly how it played out with Franklyn. Yet we still don't know what happened to Franklyn, so there the writers could very well make it so both of them ascended sitting in the chair.

However, I would not expect to see that in this show. At most I would expect something like the chair downloading memories or even consciousness and thought. Then dying Destiny could have transmitted it to new Destiny and we get an episode sometime in the future where the two downloads appear. I just do not think we can expect to see any of that ascension crap in this show, ever should it have continued.

Comment

I would have thought something like that chair sending info (downloaded rushs mind) would have been noticed...

Comment

Originally posted by SBN View Post
                I just do not think we can expect to see any of that ascension crap in this show, ever should it have continued.
                Ascension was the only reason I became interested in this series.

I hope to see more of their interpretation of this in the final episodes of the show. Destiny's missions is very closely tied to the metaphysical. What we can not see.

Klaxxonblue

Comment

Rush... You think that's air you're breathing?

Comment

I didn't like the scene or resolution. I really hope there's a fallout in the next episode with Telford wondering what happened.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought that he was going back into the virtual reality to be with the wife again? though it could be franklin thing.. but if the ship is destroyed then Rush surely is too..
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

My little brother suggested that what we saw wasn't vaporization but some kind of a phase shift, teleportation or other kind of thing that could save the ship. Just an idiotic assumption, i know.

Comment

i think he knew it all then died in the sun.

considering it was consumed and not vapourised, the shield was still semi-active.

but yea, Rush probably knew all the knowledge of the ancients and became one with Destiny2. then died. so what. he accomplished what he wanted

Comment

He could probably live an entire life time in the chair before the ship was destroyed, Like Band-Aid Rush said "time is relative".

Comment

Brad wright ( it was brad wright, right? ) commented on that scene in a small little vid, it's somewhere in the last pages of 'general discussion on twin destinies'. Originally Rush put Rush2 in the chair as punishment because him killing Telford wasn't an accident. That was abit too grimdark so Telfords death became an accident and Rush helped Rush2 with the chair.

Rush2 didn't really have anything left and he doubted they'd believe him about Telford so he figured he could just as well sit in the chair and learn as much as he could just for the sake of it. That's how I like to see it as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X