The Iris ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Iris ?

Something has been bothering me ever since I watched the episode. Wouldn't Telford have smashed into Earth's Iris?
    They used the communication stones to tell earth that they were coming so they would have opened the Iris for them... but then they travelled back in time 12 hours! From what I understand the ship travelled back in time the second the gate was locked so Earth would have not been expecting them. Telford should be dead... again

Well: Telford went through and THEN the ship traveled back in time.

However:
    Spoiler:
    Seriously its a spoiler
    Spoiler:
    They didnt dial Earth

Comment

I'm 99% sure that the ship travelled the second the gate locked.

Also before anyone brings it up they said that radio transmissions don't go through 9 chevron wormholes.

Comment

Originally posted by Keper View Post
        I'm 99% sure that the ship travelled the second the gate locked.

Also before anyone brings it up they said that radio transmissions don't go through 9 chevron wormholes.
        Yes but then Telford would arrive 12 hours early and they would wonder why. Also the wormhole didnt go unstable until after Telford left which i take as it having to travel across time which as Time showed us is what happens.

Comment

escyos, I wish I could green you for the way you used spoiler tags here. Saved me from yet again reading something I really don't want to know.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
            escyos, I wish I could green you for the way you used spoiler tags here. Saved me from yet again reading something I really don't want to know.
            Dont worry it was the same spoiler as before

Comment

But when alt-Rush contacts Earth after travelling in time he connects to alt-Telford proving that alt Telford travelled back in time 12 hours to. And if Alt-Telford landed on earth 12 hours early he should have hit the Iris

Comment

Originally posted by Keper View Post
                But when alt-Rush contacts Earth after travelling in time he connects to alt-Telford proving that alt Telford travelled back in time 12 hours to. And if Alt-Telford landed on earth 12 hours early he should have hit the Iris
                Ah I see got confused for a second there. Anyway the answer to your problem is in this spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
                They didnt dial Earth

Comment

Mate your missing the point Regardless of what happened to the rest of the crew TELFORD did land on Earth and there should be a Telford shaped stain on the Iris

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    Dont worry it was the same spoiler as before
                    *sigh*

Well, I clicked again. Damn it. At least it's still the same spoiler.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                      *sigh*

Well, I clicked again. Damn it. At least it's still the same spoiler.
                      Dont worry, the details behind that spoiler are still awesome even knowing this.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        Dont worry, the details behind that spoiler are still awesome even knowing this.
                        Don't want to know the details, but how do you know all this?
                        sigpic

Comment

They agreed to try the dialing thing 18 hours before they did it and Eli went to discuss the maths with the people on Earth. Telford arrived 12 hours into his own past, which gives a six hour window. Earth knew they were coming, probably not precisely when, so they presumably left the iris open.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think that's the best explanation I'm going to get

But it is a pretty big risk to leave the Iris open for 18 hours, one leak to the Lucian Alliance and a nuke gets thrown through the event horizon...

Comment

Im guessing SGC left the iris open for Telford, even 12 hours before the scheduled dial in, is because something would have alerted their systems that it was coming from the Destiny. I'm assuming that an incoming wormhole from a Stargate that far out into the universe would cause some strange readings on the computers, with the only logical reason to the SGC being that Destiny was dialing in sooner than expected and that they should risk opening the iris just in case.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X