Episode Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode Title

Given what it was in reference to, shouldn't the title be Twin Destiny's ?

I was thinking the same thing, as in if it should be Destiny's or Destinies....

Comment

If the writers went with "Destinys" as a plural for Destiny (which it shouldn't be because the general rule (despite exceptions) is that -ey words take an -s and -y words change to -ies), there wouldn't be an apostrophe because it's neither a possessive nor a contraction of is/has.
      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps by "Destinies" they are refering to the fact that neither crew went home and that was their destiny.

Comment

I think it's both, like most titles have several meanings.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Perhaps by "Destinies" they are refering to the fact that neither crew went home and that was their destiny.
            I took it to be both - destinies of the crew and both Destinies.
            sigpic

Comment

Destiny is a Name for itself, so the Plural should be Destiny´s I think. I took it also as referral to the Destinies of the Crew.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                Destiny is a Name for itself, so the Plural should be Destiny´s I think. I took it also as referral to the Destinies of the Crew.
                I'll point out again that the apostrophe shouldn't be there. It signifies neither a contraction nor a possessive.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                  I'll point out again that the apostrophe shouldn't be there. It signifies neither a contraction nor a possessive.
                  Go, teacher!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                    Go, teacher!
                    Can't help myself.
                    sigpic

Comment

can't green you

anyway, i think the main part is Destiny as in the abstract thing, second meaning being multiple destinys. since destinys only allows for multiple destinys and destinies allows for multiple interpretations, i'd say it's logical

Comment

"Twin Destinies" implies that there are two Destinies (referencing the two ships, the fates of the crew in both timelines and the two Rush's), as it is the plural form of the word. Destiny's implies that something belongs to the Destiny, as in "Destiny's mission." Therefore, "Twin Destiny's" would not have made grammatical sense.

Comment

Guess they don't teach grammar anymore...

Twin Destinies refers both to the ships (proper English plural form), that Rush and Telford had differing destinies (Rush +12 to go down with the ship, Telford to die, and Telford +12 to return home), and to the destinies of the crews (+12 and otherwise).

Not really seeing how the possessive form comes up at all...
                          Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

It's to ensure the title doesn't make the content of the episode super obvious

Comment

I thought it should have been Destiny's, Destiny being a noun after all in this context, you dont call more than one English person "Englishes"

As for the name, i took it to mean the two Rush's, one has the chance to learn all of the Ancients knowledge up until Destiny's crew arrived, the other has the chance to finish Destiny's true mission. Both opportunities appeal to either Rush, i would go so far as to say it is the two most important goals of Rush, through a freak accident, Rush technically gets to fulfill both of his adopted destinies.

N.C

Comment

Working...
                              X