SPOILERS for Deliverance Drone Ship and FTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS for Deliverance Drone Ship and FTL

Anyone else see how the 2nd command ship dropped out of "FTL"??? looks just like when Destiny drops out of FTL. Same Particle dispersion. Just thought it was something no one else has noticed/ said yet. Watch Deliverance, youll see what im talking about

Yeah, I noticed that. But they specifically mentioned that it dropped out of Hyperspace. It's probably just a byproduct of their version of a Hyperdrive.
    sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Or just the editors screwing up the visuals.

Comment

i think they just said "hyperspace" cause thats the closest thing they know of. Its pretty damn close to the same Destiny style "FTL". just cause they say "hyperspace doesnt mean its the same as what the normal SG-1/A is used too, could just be the closest thing the ancient computer language has to discrib it.

Comment

i think the drones use FTL. it's just an error

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            i think the drones use FTL. it's just an error
            Me two. I noticed it but just assumed that they said this because the character forgot and said hyperspace instead of FTL. The writers probably did that on purpose.
            ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

Maybe they DO use FTL.. Since they track subspace (can detect the subspace echo of a gate activating) it makes sense to me they can do other things with subspace.

Comment

Im fairly sure that the drone ship was in FTL but there are many different types of hyper drive, look at the early Goa’uld hyper drive. It looked like it was surrounded by radiation; we don’t know the flaws or benefits of the technology or even the type of technology the drones use.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm a little annoyed they had the "Space" aliens and the drones use hyperdrives instead of FTL or something completely new to this part of the universe. Wasted potential, especially when the effects don't match what viewers are shown hyperspace looks like in "Air."

Comment

Well I think the reason they show hyperspace in Air was to show how old destiny is. Then they had to stick with it because the aliens they come across can’t be too advanced because it would then look like destiny was a weak ship, so the writers really did walk a fine line with hyperspace technology, and for that matter all technology.
                    sigpic

Comment

In "Gauntlet" they again mentioned Hyperspace. Given the limitations of FTL (the engines on Destiny must run at least four hours each time they are activated), I think it's unlikely they could have accomplished this short jump with anything but Hyperdrive.
                      sigpic

Comment

The drone ship?

Comment

Originally posted by Rylor View Post
                          In "Gauntlet" they again mentioned Hyperspace. Given the limitations of FTL (the engines on Destiny must run at least four hours each time they are activated), I think it's unlikely they could have accomplished this short jump with anything but Hyperdrive.
                          Spoiler:
                          Agree, the drone ship would sacrifice its FTL capability if it were to jump that short a distance so quickly. That being said are we sure it was really that short a jump? I mean we do know that Destiny was able to both go into FTL fly to the new coordinates dial out collect supplies and then jump back into FTL in the time it took for the Drones to find the shuttle
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            The drone ship?
                            Yup.

Originally posted by Crias View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Agree, the drone ship would sacrifice its FTL capability if it were to jump that short a distance so quickly. That being said are we sure it was really that short a jump? I mean we do know that Destiny was able to both go into FTL fly to the new coordinates dial out collect supplies and then jump back into FTL in the time it took for the Drones to find the shuttle
                            I thought about that too. The way the scene is cut, it seemed like a rather short time, although it may have been much longer in-universe.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe their drives are just designed better. Destiny may have to take breaks, but we don't know if that's universal to the tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X