Gate instability = the wormhole jumped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gate instability = the wormhole jumped?

In the first timeline just after Telford went through, the connection became unstable for a second. Rush and Eli fixed it and the rest of the crew went through.
    Isn't this a sign that the wormhole jumped to another gate? We've seen this happen sometimes. The conditions seem to be there, especially considering the huge distance and that too much/unstable power was used.

The crew (except Rush and Telford) could be on another planet, in another time, even on Earth or Destiny if the wormhole looped back on itself. When they went through the connection was stable (to somewhere) so they most likely got to their destination unharmed, whatever that may be.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

One of the coolest theories I've read today.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
      One of the coolest theories I've read today.
      Indeed! And it could be possible too with the twists this show has had!

Comment

Makes you wonder if you will encounter the crew in a later episode.

Comment

If the wormhole loop back to destiny which is already back to 12 hour earlier, those missing peoples should return to destiny A, wouldn't they?

Comment

Perhaps, but I imagine that an unstable wormhole is extremely hazardous to travel through. Rush never actually fixed the wormhole, he just made it better.

Also being that the gate on Destiny B was the closest gate chances are it would jump to that one and we would see them come through

Comment

I'm also pretty sure that the wormhole jumped. I think we may see the other crew or their descendants in an upcoming episode, that is aptly named.

Comment

I have to agree with all of the above. Its weird that they went through and supposedly dissapeared. My money is on them returning to Earth, but at a unexpected time.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                  I think we may see the other crew or their descendants in an upcoming episode, that is aptly named.
                  But.. you... noooo!

That would be awesome... Yet another episode to add to my list of "must-absolutely-see", episode 17..!Good theory thread, good theory thread indeeeed! Wouldn't it be awesome of those descendants turned out to be the creators of the drones or something?

Comment

Remember "Time" the wormhole looked identical it got unstable, those who went threw (Rush) didn't survive.

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
                      I'm also pretty sure that the wormhole jumped. I think we may see the other crew or their descendants in an upcoming episode, that is aptly named.
                      Like I said, DestinyB (our one) was the closest gate and if the wormhole jumped they would show up on ours. And if they did end up someone else, Destiny would be out of range in no time, plus they had no remote so they couldn't dial back.

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                      I have to agree with all of the above. Its weird that they went through and supposedly dissapeared. My money is on them returning to Earth, but at a unexpected time.
                      We've seen that an unstable power source connected to a gate can cause travelers trajectories to be increased, an unstable wormhole traveling across the universe and back in time would probably cause your energy signature to dissapate, or even simply be destroyed upon dematerialization.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                        Like I said, DestinyB (our one) was the closest gate and if the wormhole jumped they would show up on ours. And if they did end up someone else, Destiny would be out of range in no time, plus they had no remote so they couldn't dial back.

We've seen that an unstable power source connected to a gate can cause travelers trajectories to be increased, an unstable wormhole traveling across the universe and back in time would probably cause your energy signature to dissapate, or even simply be destroyed upon dematerialization.
                        A connection is a connection. The Wormhole had to go somewhere. This is Sci-fi, so everything is possible.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                        There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                          I know that if I was one of them going home I would bring a Kino and a remote to study and play with

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            I know that if I was one of them going home I would bring a Kino and a remote to study and play with
                            Eli did take a kino, but i saw no remote

Comment

Eli always has a Kino remote in his pocket.

Comment

Working...
                              X