• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I didnt like

How the crew acted when they went through the gate was an absolute facepalm

Of course I've never been stuck on a ship for 2 years so I wouldn't know

But seriously? lol
    Tst

Damn, I loved it. Running, trampling over each other, pushing -- they really wanted to get home. And can you blame them?

And technically it's been about 10 months since they got stuck on Destiny.
    sigpic

Comment

They acted exactly like they do at major sales for the big stores

Comment

If you had a chance to get home that appeared to be very short wouldn't you shove to get through in time?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          If you had a chance to get home that appeared to be very short wouldn't you shove to get through in time?
          Especially when you can see the wormhole destabilizing and have people screaming at you to run....
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

just love it when people's instincts kick in

Comment

Definitely a facepalm, but also perfectly natural. Stampede instinct at its finest. Sad.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think this is pretty realistic given the circumstances! The SG was visibly not gonna last for long! And Mr. 2 by 3 seconds (telford <3) wasn't exactly the perfect role model when he screamed out his orders and rushed in like a mad cow! (or something) anyways, I really liked this scene (along with all the others)
                sigpic
                Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
                O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
                Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
                O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

Originally posted by spinny magee View Post
                  How the crew acted when they went through the gate was an absolute facepalm

Of course I've never been stuck on a ship for 2 years so I wouldn't know

But seriously? lol
                  This sort of thing has happened at music concerts before and people have died trying to get in, so it doesn't surprise me that there'd be a stampede while lives are at risk and people's one chance of getting home is in front of them.

Comment

I still dont understand how Telford made it thru. The first thing Stargate Command does it close the Iris when an incoming wormhole is established. Telford even said he couldn't use the radio to inform them.

I guess they opened a wormhole to an alternate site. Maybe the alpha site? Maybe thats a failsafe in case a team doesn't have the option of using their remotes, but why wasn't that mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post
                      I still dont understand how Telford made it thru. The first thing Stargate Command does it close the Iris when an incoming wormhole is established. Telford even said he couldn't use the radio to inform them.
                      i thought about this, but then remembered that eli had told them the plan, so they knew that they were coming and estimated when they would try to do it.

as for the op: sadly that is how real people would react. they had a short window to get through the gate, and you instinct is to go as fast as you can no matter what it takes.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paladine View Post

I guess they opened a wormhole to an alternate site. Maybe the alpha site? Maybe thats a failsafe in case a team doesn't have the option of using their remotes, but why wasn't that mentioned?
                        I don't understand as well.
                        Firstly, they were unable to contact Stargate Command.
                        Lets assume it was scheduled and SGC opened the the Iris in advance, it is very unlikely SGC will do that as well since what they had been through in the SG operations.

Secondly alt-Telford wasn't on schedule as well.
                        He was 12 hours earlier when he stepped through the gate.

Comment

The SGC would have detected that all nine of their chevrons have been locked and they all would have been lit up, and they know that could only be one possibility, Destiny, and not have closed the iris

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                            The SGC would have detected that all nine of their chevrons have been locked and they all would have been lit up, and they know that could only be one possibility, Destiny, and not have closed the iris
                            That, and the fact that Eli had just finished running all his math by Homeworld Command, remember. We can infer that they told the SGC to be expecting them.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by General Jumper One View Post
                              No. There's no way of telling where an incoming wormhole is coming from, as stated on several occasions in SG-1. The receiving gate just lights up all its chevrons, it doesn't dial in the same way that the sending gate does. Someone would have to stone in and tell them it's them, or else....splat.
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                              X