Anybody else reminded of "Time Squared?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else reminded of "Time Squared?"

Was anybody else reminded of the Star Trek:TNG season 2 episode "Time Squared" at the beginning (season 2 episode 13)? When we saw the shuttle with the future Rush both my mom and I were like "reminds me of an old episode of Star Trek..."

In that episode, the Enterprise discovers a shuttlecraft from several hours in the future containing Captain Picard (6 hours ahead).
    That is just my two cents.

Now I am. dammit

Comment

Nope. Never really liked Star Trek to be honest.

Felt too much like a talk-show in space with the occasional episode featuring some *action*

[/opinion]
      sigpic
      ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
        Nope. Never really liked Star Trek to be honest.

Felt too much like a talk-show in space with the occasional episode featuring some *action*

[/opinion]
        Kind of sounds a little bit like SGU?

Comment

Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
          Kind of sounds a little bit like SGU?
          Touché sir!
          sigpic
          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Yeah, I thought of that episode too.

Comment

Not really. Time travel and doubles are staples of science fiction. So many shows have done it.
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I thought of...

ArchaeoNerd

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Not really. Time travel and doubles are staples of science fiction. So many shows have done it.
                  Overall they were very different but what brought that episode to mind was just the fact that there was a shuttle from a few hours in the future containing a future Dr. Rush. Thankfully that's where the similarities between the episodes ended.

Comment

So? You can pick 2 episodes from almost any two series and find similarities

Comment

Actually, I did think about Time Squared when they encountered the "future" Rush in his shuttle.

But later, when they are about to scavenge for supplies, and Brody describes one of the relays as "things that make it go", I immediately thought of Star Trek's Pak'led race. The unsofisticated and "stupid" race, who scavenged any and all materials to advance their race.

"We look for things, that make us go."

Comment

Originally posted by darkthunder84 View Post
                        Actually, I did think about Time Squared when they encountered the "future" Rush in his shuttle.

But later, when they are about to scavenge for supplies, and Brody describes one of the relays as "things that make it go", I immediately thought of Star Trek's Pak'led race. The unsofisticated and "stupid" race, who scavenged any and all materials to advance their race.

"We look for things, that make us go."
                        Yeah, I thought of that one too.

Comment

There are many scifi shows that have done this "classic, time travel thingy" where you bump into your future self coming back to warn or stop you on something.

Yes, Star Trek TNG - Time Squared was a classic one, because I think it was one the first shows to attempt this storyline?

Then there is Voyager, a few episodes, the one, not time travel, but the ship got duplicated, and the current Harry Kim and a new-born baby died, the alternate versions come aboard while the other duplicated ship blew up. Then there is the Enterprise in Xindi space, when Archer and crew met their generations ship…, which was throw in time while trying to go through some wormhole or something...

Comment

Working...
                          X