Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Super Duper Double Rush Awkwardness from 'Twin Destinies'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Moments/Quotes/Super Duper Double Rush Awkwardness from 'Twin Destinies'

Another week, another thread. Yay capitalism! Or something.

And so... I'll just post a few to get the ball rolling and let everyone else fill in the blanks, and I might edit in some more after I do my rewatch.

Moments:
    - Brody rushing to the bridge, breathless: "I just had an idea. I ran all the way here to tell you..."

Young holds up a radio.

Brody sadfaces.

- Rush accidentally killing Telford. Another Carlyle classic acting awesomeness scene.

- Dr Lee cameo. In Eli's body. Good stuff.

Quotes:
    TJ: "You'll be among the best and brightest at Stargate Command, like Dr Jackson and Colonel Carter and..." (Turns to James) "Who was that guy who kept staring at your-"
    James: "Ugh. McKay."

Chloe: "We eat tonight!"

Varro: "We're supposed to be on Earth by now. What's happened?"
    Greer: "Some funky funky stuff man."

Super Duper Double Rush Awkwardness:
    - Park and the Rushes (Band name right there) in the Control Interface Room. "This must be pretty weird, huh?" says Park. I bet she was thinking of a good book... Dirty gal.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Brody: There's practically no redundancy.

Volker: Practically no redundancy.

Broady: Wasn't funny the first three times.

Volker: I'm very tired.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
      Moments:

- Dr Lee cameo. In Eli's body. Good stuff.

Quotes:
      TJ: "You'll be among the best and brightest at Stargate Command, like Dr Jackson and Colonel Carter and..." (Turns to James) "Who was that guy who kept staring at your-"
      James: "Ugh. McKay."
      This stuff really made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
        Brody: There's practically no redundancy.

Volker: Practically no redundancy.

Broady: Wasn't funny the first three times.

Volker: I'm very tired.
        Agreed!

Rock on.
        sigpic

Comment

Greer: What do you call those things?

Brody: Errr... I dunno, things that make it go.
          Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

Wow, what an awesome thread title.

Loved the Destiny getting second shuttle.
            ATL!Rush's speech.
            Seeing that some would've stayed behind with Rush. That was a shocker for me, I thought he was going to be all alone, and everyone else wanted to go home.
            The ATL!Destiny inside the star. Geez, the visuals!
            Mentioning McKay and that he kept staring at James's chest. What would Keller say, eh?
            'Funky funky stuff' as Greer said.
            The crew stripping the other Destiny for spare parts. It was awesome!
            ATL!Rush not trusting... basically, himself.
            Telford's death, honestly did not see that one coming. Also ATL!Rush's reaction.

I loved LOVED this episode. Probably forgot some I wanted to mention, I'll do that later, after a re-watch.

ETA: Remembered! Getting closer to the damaged Destiny. That was spooky.
            Last edited by Egle01; 15 March 2011, 02:49 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

Wow, what an awesome thread title.
              Oh stop. I'm blushing.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

Oh stop. I'm blushing.
                It's so fun to make people blush. But not when others do it to me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                  It's so fun to make people blush. But not when others do it to me.
                  Oh Eggleh! You are but the bright star in the cold dead of space, shining down on us all!

Did that work? It's all poetical and stuff.

Comment

Oh Eggleh! You are but the bright star in the cold dead of space, shining down on us all!

Did that work? It's all poetical and stuff.
                    Not really, sorry.
                    sigpic

Comment

* Eli switches back *
                      Brody: "Well, don't tell him I said this but he's arguably the smartest person I've ever met.."
                      [..]
                      Eli: "The math works, so were on..
                      Who was the smartest person you were just talking about?"
                      Brody: "...Einstein.."
                      Eli: "Einstein..?"
                      Brody: "Yeah, he's pretty smart"
                      Eli: "But don't ever tell him you said that?"

That Mckay mention was downright funny xD

I just loved the entire episode! The atmosphere was great, them raiding supplies and spare parts from the other destiny was awesome, I was just waiting for something to go wrong or someone to die.
                      Say what you want about SGU, but because of their current trackrecord of people dying you're never certain wether people are going to make it or not.

Comment

while from an out-of-story perspective, the result was rather lame, i found it rather nice that the crew didn't overlook the potential for spare parts and stuff

and the ALT Telford is gonna break some heads

Comment

Brody: Wasn't funny the first three times.
                          sigpic

Comment

I cried a little when people started stepping forward to stay and see the mission through.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              I cried a little when people started stepping forward to stay and see the mission through.
                              So I wasn't the only one, eh.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X