Would you choose to stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you choose to stay?

If you were on-board the Destiny with those living conditions, good chance of being killed, away from your families/friends and have had little hope of ever seeing them again etc would you choose to go home or stay?

Would the mission be important enough to give up the last chance you might have of ever going home again?

Though on the flip side of that you would be involved in what could potentially be the greatest discovery in human history, which could answer the big questions about existence. You will also most likely see and experience things you never thought you would in your life.

I would probably choose to stay if im honest. Though might think differently if I experienced the living conditions.

I was most surprised (and quite pleased) to see Volker choose to stay. His decision begs for more backstory revelation.

I'd definitely stay. Though, that's an easier to decision to make compared to 'Would you have walked through the gate attempt back to Earth without confirmation?' or even 'Would you have gone through the original 9th chevron dialout?' (Assuming the Lucian attack didn't force it.) Stick with the devil you know!

Rock on.
    sigpic

Comment

Seeing as my interests tend to lie in the past (archaeology) i doubt i would stay.

Comment

Hell. No.
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Yeah, probably. I mean, TJ and Chloe were, so... Go with the flow.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Not only would I go, I'd probably flip Rush off as I leave. Screw the mission, I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by wingsabre View Post
              Not only would I go, I'd probably flip Rush off as I leave. Screw the mission, I'm going home.
              LOL!

Screw you guys, I'm goin' hoooooomme!
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I'd stay. It'd be pretty great once we offloaded all the dead wood to.

I think anyone that left would ultimately end up regretting it to. Maybe not in the world of stargate but in the real world, definitely. It'd be pretty hard to go back to a normal life plagued with petty problems and concerns after experiencing something like that.

Comment

It depends. If my life was like my current life on Earth, I would probably choose to stay as I have no major attachments here.

Comment

Considering that of all the civilians onboard, only Wray, Volker, Brody, Park, Eli, Rush and Chloe actually take part in the workings of the ship, that means that all the rest of the civilians are just sitting around all day, never going through the gate and being told what to do by the military. They are at best second class citizens, at worst prisoners.

There is no way that Rush (the guy who got us into the whole mess), could ever convince me to stay, based on some vague concept about a "mission" that we have to complete, even though the Ancients didn't care enough about it to follow up on it.

Comment

I'd stay.
                      sigpic

Comment

Stay. If the connection worked, we could always return home any other time we were in a star.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Nope. My kids are here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
                            If you were on-board the Destiny with those living conditions, good chance of being killed, away from your families/friends and have had little hope of ever seeing them again etc would you choose to go home or stay?

Would the mission be important enough to give up the last chance you might have of ever going home again?

Though on the flip side of that you would be involved in what could potentially be the greatest discovery in human history, which could answer the big questions about existence. You will also most likely see and experience things you never thought you would in your life.

I would probably choose to stay if im honest. Though might think differently if I experienced the living conditions.
                            I would stay.

Comment

I would stay. Travelling aboard an Ancient spaceship on the other side of the Universe in search of a message / fingerprint from the beginning of reality itself, it's the ultimate adventure
                              sigpic

"Were you expecting Stairway to Heaven?!"

Comment

Working...
                              X