The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ursini

I think they're still alive! I'm rewatching Deliverance and the Ursini go on their kamikaze run but what IF they basically put the seed on autopilot and actually dialed up a planet on one of the many, many stargates that they had on the ship and escaped?

Thoughts?

I don't think seeder ships can activate stargates. They need to be on a planet first
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I don't think seeder ships can activate stargates. They need to be on a planet first
      I dont follow... if Destiny's gate works, why wouldn't a seeder be able to replicate that sort of functionality?

Comment

Because Destiny was designed to have an active gate to visit other planets. The seeder ships were not. They were only designed to deposit gates
        Jelgate is right

Comment

That little hiccup aside, personally, I think it's doable. Especially with the amount of power that they supposedly had available to them onboard. Hell, supposedly they could even have had the power to dial earth so really, they could go ANYWHERE as long as they had a working gate. Would be kind of fun if they pulled an IDC from Telford while he was in the pod, though i'd hope that HIS code would be deactivated by now lol. I'm just spitballing here.

Comment

I seem to remember Joe Mallozzi commenting on this, and saying that hypothetically you could dial from a Seed ship, or words to that effect IIRC.

Comment

I don't see any reason to believe they would not have an active gate working on the ship. Clearly it is designed to be able to keep people on board for at least a slightly long period of time. they have control interfaces etc. Yes I fully appreciate that this could simply be for docking and maintenance purposes, but that doesn't mean they couldn't still have a working gate. Probably not able to be dialed using the 9th chevron but at least able to dial a planet within distance. would destiny pick up on the gate dialing??? Is there any other instance of this happening, detecting a gate within proximity that is dialing??? Like a point of reference for that?

But either way, back to it. I see no reason why they couldn't have dialed off but I would assume there were no gates in distance or else surely the crew on Destiny would have headed to the gate room given they were so close to being destroyed that they would have used that as a quick evac solution. So I would assume the Ursini are gone.

Comment

But do they even know how to operate a gate?

Comment

maybe when telford was in the pod the 'learning' technology - however it works, established a connection, like a telepathy machine - worked between his mind and one or some of them, they may in this way learned enough about gate technology, to sufficiently understand how to do so.

or - they figured it out on their own after time spent w/david and familiarization with the ships systems which they did have - ftl docked-ship jump, is no small feat.

Comment

True.. they could have gotten it from telford.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Because Destiny was designed to have an active gate to visit other planets. The seeder ships were not. They were only designed to deposit gates
                      It could still have a "Gate Maintenance & Testing Station".
                      The signature has been destroyed!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseP927 View Post
                        It could still have a "Gate Maintenance & Testing Station".
                        It could also have all the parts and energy to bring Destiny back to its former glory. Not likely but the "could" is on the border infinite. I rather deal with the facts that we know at hand
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

I can't see any reason why the Seed Ship couldn't have a working gate. We've seen in the past that if you put a stargate on a Hatak or a Hive Ship they still work fine.
                          The Seed Ship had numerous gates in various levels of construction presumably some fully constructed. I can't see any reason why a fully constructed gate on board the Seed Ship would be unable to dial out.

That being said, the episode had already established that the Ursini homeworld was destroyed and the Seed Ship crew were the last survivors. A heroic kamikaze to save the Destiny crew is just an awesome way for them to go out.
                          Even if they did manage to dial out, since Destiny has continued moving forward since then and presumably passed whatever gate they may have dialed to, we would never see them again anyway.
                          So it's safe to assume they are gone.

Comment

Well, what would the "kawoosh" have destroyed ON that ship if they did manage to get a gate up and running?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Well, what would the "kawoosh" have destroyed ON that ship if they did manage to get a gate up and running?
                              um . . . it wouldn't have destroyed anything, because presumably you would set up the gate in an open area like say that massive assembly line room.

Comment

Working...
                              X