Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to the Wraith now? (series finale spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens to the Wraith now? (series finale spoilers)

Now that Atlantis has returned to Earth, what happens to the Wraith back in the Pegasus galaxy? I was hoping the movie would resolve this storyline, but since that's not going to happen... I thought it might be fun to speculate and share ideas on how that story could be continued or resolved. Personally, I like to think that Atlantis will remain on Earth while the Daedalus would run missions against the Wraith in Pegasus. Also, something to consider... remember the sister city from "The Tower?" It could be excavated and serve as the new Pegasus base of operations.

I think that without Atlantis there the Wraith will see that humans of Earth really do not stick to their commitments. They will make up with one another and go into hibernation and begin the culling cycle anew, letting the human population repopulate and wake to feed.The Wraith will probably begin to sort out new agreements amongst themselves so that if they ever are woken up early again they will go to sleep again to avoid more civil wars. In short I think things will go back to the way things where before the Atlantis expedition came to Pegasus.

That being said we do have the new novella series, starting with Homecoming which presents a story as to what happens to the Wraith now.

Comment

They probably just keep doing what they've been doing for the last 10,000 years, all be it with fewer numbers and a renewed experience for warfare.

Depending on how many of them their civil war eventually kills and how many humans remain afterward to feed them things could go any number of ways.

If the Wraith to human ratio is higher than it was before the SGA team arrived then things will be harder for them. They'll need to sleep longer and or more often, but in general things will remain as they were before the team arrived. Same story if the ratio settles at about what it was before.

If however the civil war takes a very heavy toll on their population, reducing the Wraith to human ratio to significantly less than it was before Rising it could actually make their society stronger in the long run, especially if one tribe emerges victorious over all others, and especially if they do it via some sort of ground breaking technological war winner like Todd's super hives would have been.

In that scenario even though there'll be less Wraith overall, those that remain will be riding the technological and social upswell of having won the civil war and could potentially then go on to break the cycle of stagnation their species has been locked into.

The civil war, and things like the Asuran threat that took place during, showed them just how flawed and dangerous to their continued survival their current methods of simply hunting wild humans actually are. If the right people end up in charge, and get a later than average bedtime to work with, I'd expect them to look at starting to address some of these problems.

Whatever happens with the Wraith though it's almost positively still going to suck to be a human in Pegasus.

So to summarize the SGA expedition did no good for the humans in Pegasus and may have unintentionally served as a stimulus factor that will ultimately see the Wraith civilization emerge stronger in the long term.
      Last edited by Ouroboros; 13 March 2011, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I am not so sure they will change. Their society is stagnant for sure, but they might not desire chance, human beings do not desire for stagnation, but Wraith might like their lifestyle just the way it is. Hibernate, feed, hibernate feed, rinse and repeat forever, they might just like that.

Comment

Obviously a Wraith Dance-off competition to decide their fate.

Comment

Obviously a Wraith Dance-off competition to decide their fate.
            Now that I would have loved to see.

Comment

I bet the Wraith are really into Disco.

I could see Earth still sending ships over there for whatever missions,but with out Atlantis there I bet those missions would be far and few between.

The Wraith would get themselves under control with out SGA teams running around mucking with them.
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

Todd will rise to power as leader of all the Wraith
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  How? He's on earth.

What will happen with the wraith in PG ... mh, with the coordinates of earth and the hope of a dinner I would think maybe they will unite and maybe build a new superhive. Don't think they will give up their plans and hopes only because Atlantis isn't longer in the same galaxy. I could imagine they will split up, one half will stay in PG while the others will start a new trial to join MW. Maybe this time not earth at first. If I was a wraith I would try planets with weaker populations to have a foothold in MW.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                  Sig & Avi by Josi
                  sigpic
                  LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                  I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                    How? He's on earth.

Maybe during his free time while in carcerated,he will have access to facebook.
                    I like Sharky
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing you missed the finale.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                        Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic
                        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

That would be a reason for me to join! LOL.

Maybe it may just go on as proceded as in season one to five. Eventually Atlantis might fly home to PG again because they need there help. It would be rather difficult to run PG from MW.
                          On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

I guess if Atlantis stayed on Earth, and we stopped interfering in the Pegasus Galaxy, then the Wraith would become ever more desperate, as there is not much food to go around, and much of it tainted. There would be more infighting between them. Just leave it as is, and in 5 years time the galaxy would be decimated, most of the human populations culled to extinction and most Wraith dead, one the most powerfull of hives/allies would have survived.

Sufficed to say, the Pegasus Galaxy wouldn't be the same in a few years from EATG.

Comment

I would rather go the route that is the Wraith are advanced enough to handle the Hoffon diesase,and with out any Asurans,or Atlantis around to muck with them they get their infighting undercontrol,and then align to become and even GREATER MENACE to the SG Universe.
                              I like Sharky
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X