• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stowaway (317)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    STOWAWAY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 317

An unexpected visitor inside Olivia's body complicates matters when the team is called to investigate a woman who cannot die, and who is preying upon the suicidal for their soul energy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 April 2014, 01:38 PM.

Watching it now, not quite halfway. Passing thoughts so far:

- Anna Torv does a passable Nimoy, but it's getting old fast
    - Paula Malcolmson!
    - finally! Lincoln on our side!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Done now. Enjoyed this one a whole lot more than last week, even in spite of its being a largely standalone story. I really hope to see more of Over Here Lincoln in the future.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I expected to be really annoyed by Anna Torv doing a Nimoy impression, but she was surprisingly convincing. Only the voice grated on me from time to time.

That woman ending up dead in the end was a real surprise. I figured she'd become the new host, especially since it was such a well-known actress. Well, who knows - this is Fringe after all, so nobody is ever really dead.

My guess is we'll see this version of Lincoln Lee again. And that there's more to him than meets the eye. After he'd said good-bye to Peter, there was this weird look on his face - calculating, and sort of steely (can't think of a better word). Made me think the whole 'nerdy' vibe is just an act.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Paula Malcomson rocks my socks. You go girl. I miss Caprica.

Our Lincoln was fun in his own geeky way. Hope he comes back to chill for a bit.

Bellivia was fine, and Anna looked like she was having fun. Poor, poor, Astrid though. Getting hit on like that.
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            Paula Malcomson rocks my socks. You go girl. I miss Caprica.
            And Deadwood

Comment

This whole Bell Olivia thing reminds me of Unearthed
              sigpic

Comment

I thought Anna Torv captured Nimoy's mannerisms really well.

Interesting to see where the William Bell situation will go. Obviously he can't stay in Olivia forever, and i don't think they'd kill him off. I wonder if Massive Dynamic will clone a version of his body for him to inhabit, i wouldn't put it past them.

The woman who couldn't die was a nice diversion, but kind of pointless. Nice to Licoln on our side, and i have no doubt we'll be seeing more of him sometime. I will say that the way Peter is being written as an angsty whiner is getting on my nerves. Theres only so much emoness i can take in my sci fi shows, and sgu has taken up a fair amount of that allotment.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to watch it a second time this evening, this time with my wife. That ending has me a little concerned though.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

lol that was hilarious, Olivia and Walter snickering was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I really enjoyed this episode. It was great to watch it a second time this evening, this time with my wife. That ending has me a little concerned though.
                      I had myself a re-watch with my kids as well, and it made me look at the ending in a totally different way. Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but do you think that Bellie tried to shift into Peter? He offered him tea, which is how he got the soul magnets into Olivia in the first place. And he'd been at the house for a while, so he knew that they could hear a bell ringing at certain intervals. I don't trust the guy, who knows if his agenda isn't to get his hands on that machine. In Peter's body he'd be able to control it. The way Olivia said 'Peter' almost sounded like a warning, maybe she was able to somehow prevent Bell from switching.

sigpic

Comment

Excellent episode. I thought Anna Torv rocked!
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes it was an awesome episode!!! I loved seeing Paula again, I think I am going to watch caprica soon again. I miss this show as well. Belly and Walter are just cute together and yeah poor astrid. I have to say that I did not notice Lincoln first. I always thought who is that guy but halfway through he episode it made click. I miss over there hopefully we are going to see soon the side again. Great episode and better than last week hopefully they concentrate more on the main arc more.. Obviously in the season final at least.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
                            I had myself a re-watch with my kids as well, and it made me look at the ending in a totally different way. Maybe I'm just slow on the uptake, but do you think that Bellie tried to shift into Peter? He offered him tea, which is how he got the soul magnets into Olivia in the first place. And he'd been at the house for a while, so he knew that they could hear a bell ringing at certain intervals. I don't trust the guy, who knows if his agenda isn't to get his hands on that machine. In Peter's body he'd be able to control it. The way Olivia said 'Peter' almost sounded like a warning, maybe she was able to somehow prevent Bell from switching.
                            Personally, I don't see it that way. I think Olivia was never supposed to surface at all. Bell did not anticipate that happening, and he may now be concerned with what else may occur. Things are not going according to his plan now.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Personally, I don't see it that way. I think Olivia was never supposed to surface at all. Bell did not anticipate that happening, and he may now be concerned with what else may occur. Things are not going according to his plan now.
                              Ah, okay. So maybe my first impression was correct. I was quite surprised anyway that a random church bell was able to cause this. Until now I was of the impression that it had to be the sound of William Bell's bell. There must be more to that thing if Olivia was able to hear it all the way from the Massive Dynamic HQ at the end of Os.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X