Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Destiny have made it without the sacrifice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Destiny have made it without the sacrifice ?

Did the Ursini really have to sacrifice themselves in order to save the Destiny? Because it seemed like it didn't help much after they exploded...

that was so sad! i'll miss those little guys!

that said, i have to rewatch the episode but i really dont think they had to sacrifice themselves. it really didn't make much of a difference in the long run and honestly felt a little random to me

Comment

I dont get why the second set of drones were still active after the Ursini collided with the control ship. When they disabled the first control ship the drones died. This time they didn't and they had to activate the first set using Eli's program to fire at them ....after the control ship was destroyed.

This is why I feel the Ursini death was in vain and useless and also seems like an inconsistency regarding the drones themselves.

Comment

It gave extra time for Rush and Eli to reprogram the drone
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by erotavlas View Post
          Did the Ursini really have to sacrifice themselves in order to save the Destiny? Because it seemed like it didn't help much after they exploded...
          It was a means for the writers to eliminate the seeder ship so that it could not be used by the crew of Destiny.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

I dont get why the second set of drones were still active after the Ursini collided with the control ship.
            The Seeder ship got destroyed before it could even come close to the command ship.
            " Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. "
            - Douglas Noel Adams ( 1952 - 2001 ), So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish

Comment

Originally posted by sim View Post
              the seeder ship got destroyed before it could even come close to the command ship.
              this!!!

Comment

The seed ship bought just enough time for Destiny not to be completely destroyed. Were it not for their otherwise pointless suicide run, they'd never have survived the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                  The seed ship bought just enough time for Destiny not to be completely destroyed. Were it not for their otherwise pointless suicide run, they'd never have survived the battle.
                  yea like that...they had nothing to lose plus what you know? they are aliens and their way of thinking could be different than our
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder if there was an active gate on the seed ship that the Ursini used to 'abandon ship' with... while it was set to ramming speed..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I wonder if there was an active gate on the seed ship that the Ursini used to 'abandon ship' with... while it was set to ramming speed..
                      And that made me wonder had there been (or if there really was) a gate in range, would the crew consider abandoning ship.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        And that made me wonder had there been (or if there really was) a gate in range, would the crew consider abandoning ship.
                        I doubt it considering how Destiny's is probably the only Stargate that has the capability of dialing into the MW.

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                          I doubt it considering how Destiny's is probably the only Stargate that has the capability of dialing into the MW.
                          If the ship explodes and the crew dies, there would be no dialing into MW. Would they risk it, or escape in order to survive?
                          sigpic

Comment

Given the limitations of the stargate network, the power needed to power the gate back home, the evacutees will have no hope of ever getting back.
                            Spoiler:
                            We know in a future episode they will meet the ancestors than done the same, abandon Destiny and set up a colony, to await for destiny arrival,

So we will find out the potential of any such plan soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                              If the ship explodes and the crew dies, there would be no dialing into MW. Would they risk it, or escape in order to survive?
                              Indeed, but I also think many people would try to stay as Destiny is the closest thing they have to home. And to some maybe no MW capable gate means no hope so they would give up and stay on Destiny.

Comment

Working...
                              X