THe planet builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THe planet builders

The race made a solar system. But we never saw them is it becuase they are ascended is that how they fixed the ship and sent it to destiny. What do you think

I think it was...I don't know what to think

Comment

Im just making an educated guess. THe only sign we saw of them was the monolisk and the bright light from kino footage. So far that is the only thing we know of that is capable of those kinds of stunts

Comment

I don't think they are Ascended, but that doesn't mean they are remotely similar to us.
        sigpic

Comment

Shame we aren't getting a season 3 as we were supposedly going to find out more about them then.

Comment

It's quite possible that they are ascended. The ascended beings in our two galaxies don't interfere because they are prohibited by the ancients, but the same rules may not apply wherever the Destiny is.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I don't think they are Ascended, but that doesn't mean they are remotely similar to us.
              From what i understand you dont have to be remotely similar to humans in order to ascend. Just evolved enough to where you know how. The asgard could have ascended if they didn't change there physiology

Comment

Originally posted by Brian N View Post
                It's quite possible that they are ascended. The ascended beings in our two galaxies don't interfere because they are prohibited by the ancients, but the same rules may not apply wherever the Destiny is.
                The galaxy where the planet builders solar system is, is probably too far away for the ancients to implement their rules about non interference. I think that the planet builders are ascended beings who gave the people who were left behind on 'Eden' a chance to see the destiny crew for the last time before they permanently died. As the people left behind on Eden died and their forgot everything once they remembered they would be permanently dead.

^^^ This is all just a thought about what it could be, just thinking up answers for it

Comment

Everybody knows it was the Halo Forerunners (^.^)

No, but seriously, I think it was probably some ascended beings. Ancients? Maybe, maybe not.
                  sigpic
                  ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

I think that we make a lot of assumptions about Ascension that may not necessarily be supported, or are sometimes even negated by the (granted non-uniform) continuity.

1) Ancients are the only ascended beings in our two galaxies.

For:
                    -They are the only ascended beings we have ever encountered
                    -We exclusively have found their research on ascension

Against:
                    - in "Threads" Daniel asks who the other in the cafe are,
                    OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.
                    JACKSON: You mean Ancients.
                    OMA: A couple of them.

- The term “the Others” seems to refer the collective group of ascended beings and their will. Even though the Alterans name essentially means “the Others” I take this as a reference to them being the minority to the Ori
                    - We know that a few Ancients have helped other races or individuals ascend.
                    - The humans in "Epiphany" essentially Ascended completely on their own.

2) Ascended Beings are localized or restricted to a certain region of space.

For:
                    - We have seen ascended beings use a Stargate to go to other planets
                    - The Sangraal destroyed all the Ori within a certain region of space, and was presumed to be able to free the Milky Way for their invasion.

Against:
                    - Ganos Lal has manifested in Pegasus, Milky Way, and the Ori Galaxies
                    - Ascended beings show up all over the place without Stargates
                    - The Ori were said to be unable or unwilling to enter the Milky Way until they had sufficient power to do so, but no indication was ever made that they needed the Supergate to get here.

Any other rules that we attribute to them?
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was established by Vasiir in "Camelot" that the range of Merlins weapon was equal to a galaxy, different galaxies obviously hav different sizes and we dont know the size of the Ori galaxy, so we can just use the range of the weapon as the size of the MW, considering the Ori were planning to use it and wipe ALL the Ancients out in the MW.

Also, i have always taken the range and scope of Acended beings to be restricted to galaxy they inhabit, as the MW Ancients shielded us from Ori eyes, we dont know if it worked on the Pegasus humans or if the Pegasus Ancients were doing the same as the MW Ancients. If the scope of a group of Ancients is greater than 1 galaxy i would not like it, keeping the scope down to a galaxy size is good enough for god-like aliens.

Despite what Oma said in the cafe, i believe the "others" she referred to didnt mean other races per se, i mean its entirely plausible that other races such as the Nox will ascend at some point, i believe she meant that some of the inhabitants of the cafe werent Ancients but humans who had ascended in the mean time.

I also like the idea of knowing that the Ancients are still some-what limited in their power when compared to the SGU Faith aliens, its good to know that even of the endgame is revealed and overused, that there are still mysteries to solve and orders of evolution higher than we know

Also, Ganos could have stowed away on the Odyssey when she passed through the Supergate.

N.C

Comment

I don't believe they are ascended due to the fact that they have physical structures (ie. Planet's, Oblisks). Maybe some of the race have ascended, but not all.

Being so far away, I am assuming they are closer to the edge of the universe (assuming the milky way is the centre of the universe ^_^) or there abouts. The Destiny is obviously travelling towards background radiation from the big bang, so I just assume they are on the outer of the universe. Therefore, I belive they are freaking old. Way older than the Ancients, therefore way more advanced than the ancients. Maybe they had previously ascended, but have evolved beyond ascension.

Comment

Originally posted by pleed View Post
                          I don't believe they are ascended due to the fact that they have physical structures (ie. Planet's, Oblisks). Maybe some of the race have ascended, but not all.

Being so far away, I am assuming they are closer to the edge of the universe (assuming the milky way is the centre of the universe ^_^) or there abouts. The Destiny is obviously travelling towards background radiation from the big bang, so I just assume they are on the outer of the universe. Therefore, I belive they are freaking old. Way older than the Ancients, therefore way more advanced than the ancients. Maybe they had previously ascended, but have evolved beyond ascension.
                          I thought the background radiation was everywhere instead of one specific place. I may be wrong though

Comment

Originally posted by jayzee786 View Post
                            I thought the background radiation was everywhere instead of one specific place. I may be wrong though
                            I assume it's in every direction, but we must be close to the edge of one of the areas.

Comment

Assuming there is an edge..

Comment

Working...
                              X