PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis - Creep or Spooky?

SGSlugger
May 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Anyone else think that this spin-off will be rather creepy or spooky? Judgying from the topic with the article in the news section, the Wraith will be down right creepy.

ShadowMaat
May 17th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Anyone else think that this spin-off will be rather creepy or spooky?

I'm holding out for mysterious and ooky. ;)

Mio
May 17th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Ancient ascended spider webs...... ::ponder::

May 17th, 2004, 08:07 PM
i think i read somewhere that they wanted to make it spooky, and I like it! ;)

Champos
May 17th, 2004, 08:38 PM
The blue looks a little creepy, I guess, but personally I think I'd probably prefer it if they had a non-humanoid foe. Apart from the Vee-too, the only non-humanoid aliens we've had on Stargate have been the Go'auld - and since they're usually seen in a human host, they don't really count - and the Giant Head aliens - who we've only actually met once anyway. That just about works for this galaxy because it is just a single galaxy, but Atlantis is supposed to be completely different, and yet again we have humaoid aliens. I realise you've got budget considerations and that it's a lot easier and a lot cheaper to stick some make-up on a human actor than it is to create a new species with special effects, but it would be nice...

May 17th, 2004, 08:40 PM
well aparently wrigth (sp?, i can never remember how to spell SG's races :() suposte to be greenish with HUGE black eyes *scared*

Supreme Commander Thor
May 17th, 2004, 09:08 PM
I vote spooky... seems spooky to me.

Anubis
May 17th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I think it should be a bit spooky. Judging by the trailer on the Sci-Fi channel, the setting for the background seems to be dark so perhaps we might jump a little more!

KorbenDirewolf
May 17th, 2004, 11:31 PM
I think its intended to be a darker series than SG-1, which has a few dark episodes. Maybe they're going for altogether kooky. ;)

petzke_42
May 17th, 2004, 11:39 PM
I really hope it's darker, it would be so badbutt (you know what I mean :P)

Whitster
May 18th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Well this is being made as a sci-fi specificly for the sci-fi channel as opposed to SG1 which was made to be on regular, non-niche, TV, so hopefully this will be a bit darker.

SGSlugger
May 18th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Darker would be cool. Everyone needs a good scare here and there.

I hope that we don't learn practically everything about the Wraith in the first ep. They should have a 'mysterious' feeling about them.

GhostPoet
May 18th, 2004, 01:37 PM
The real problem with creating non-huminoid characters is that if they are too alien...they are too alien to the viewers perception...and that means they can't relate to the character. A true menacing character has to be human enough that people can relate and create THEMSELVES the effective emotion that the writer wants. A semi-humanoid species with black eyes, pale skin and sharp claws and teeth engages the past horror movies we've seen in our life, animals with sharp claws/teeth and the fact that the eyes are black and without pupil creates just enough non-human influence that by the time our subconscience recieves it...it's "Creepy"

If you had a big alien creature with lots of eyes and arms and sharp teeth...it comes off as a monster...but not really creepy..because we have nothing really to make reference to it...unless it had spider-like appearances.