Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did the Asgard not come to Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did the Asgard not come to Atlantis?

I am really very sorry if this has already been brough up. I tried a search and I tried looking through but there are so many threads.

But what I would like to know, was there ever a given reason in any of the seasons of SG1 or SGA WHY the Asgard were never invited to Atlantis?

I mean. I believe in one episode that they once found a repository of ancient knowledge once and had only began to scratch the sreface? Am I making this up, I swear it happened once. Well once Atlantis was found, why were a few Asgard not invited to Atlantis to come fish out a weapon to kill the replicators, maybe help their cloning technology (replicator asgard bodies with the minds of thor in, pretty cool if you ask me).

They could, if nothing else, help get a power sounce capable of operating Atlantis at full capacity again through their Asgard cores. If this has already been discussed then I apologise, but if not, then I would love to hear any opinions or canon facts stated in the episodes.

apart from the possibility of aquring zpms why bother?

I'm sure they weren't interested in a reunion with the "bad" asgard.

Comment

Did they KNOW the "bad" asgard were there? i didnt thinkn they KNEW. Why bother? So it wouldnt have been worthwhile going and finding information on the most up to date technology by the most advanced species ever encountered? As I said, what about the possibility of developing replicator technology so they could create asgardoid (is that right, humanoid - asgardoid???) style replicators to put their knowledge into? then live for ever fixing their problem with the cloning process? possibly even finding a way to perfect their cloning process? They could have made their power soureces even better. Improved their technologies. Set up shop in that galaxy, help the tauri finish off the wraith and then live out a happy life in Pegasus. They could have looked into soooo many technologies set up by the ancients, who the asgard knew to be more advanced than themselves. Rather than scraping through data they have on them (it is weird they didnt leave the asgard an asgard compatable repository of knowledge) they could just flick through the atlantis data base!

Comment

I think the Asgard were a bit busy with their cloning problems & there might have been a measure of pride involved in being able (or not able) to fix their own genetic code.

Comment

That could be true, but given that they were getting to the point to wipe out their entire civilisation. Surely they would want to try and survive. Also as the ancients were their friends and part of the great races, they must have shared knowledge in the past, they should not mind now.

Comment

Yeah, the an asgard should have been part of the expedition.

Comment

I would say TPTW didn't have Atlantis in mind when they first introduce the Asgard. The episode when we saw them first was in the second season, a real contact happened later. And the asgard always were pretty busy with "helping the humans but not give them too much knowledge and technology". Maybe they didn't know that the humans had find Atlantis before SGA season 2.
              With Hermiod in mind there was an asgard in reach. We simply do not know if Hermiod ever was inside the city because it was never showed to us. But I think it was more than possible that he also visited Atlantis when the Deadalus was around. Maybe not when the ship was in orbit but when it landed on a pier surely.
              Maybe the other asgard felt no need to join the expedition and/or visit Atlantis. We also do not know why they never told a human about the "bad" asgard. Maybe they were too busy with planing their own death, maybe there was another reason. Maybe the IOA avoided such a visitation because they feared to lost control all over the city.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by traylormatt View Post
                Did they KNOW the "bad" asgard were there? i didnt thinkn they KNEW. Why bother? So it wouldnt have been worthwhile going and finding information on the most up to date technology by the most advanced species ever encountered? As I said, what about the possibility of developing replicator technology so they could create asgardoid (is that right, humanoid - asgardoid???) style replicators to put their knowledge into? then live for ever fixing their problem with the cloning process? possibly even finding a way to perfect their cloning process? They could have made their power soureces even better. Improved their technologies. Set up shop in that galaxy, help the tauri finish off the wraith and then live out a happy life in Pegasus. They could have looked into soooo many technologies set up by the ancients, who the asgard knew to be more advanced than themselves. Rather than scraping through data they have on them (it is weird they didnt leave the asgard an asgard compatable repository of knowledge) they could just flick through the atlantis data base!
                Vassir told Sam the located the Ori galaxy, how hard would finding their brethren be? Don't forget the Lanteans were familiar with the "bad" asgard and met up with the "good" asgard upon their return to MW. Why would you think the Lanteans would keep the secret about the "bad" ones?

Comment

No reason to keep the existence of bad Asgard a secret. I expect that the MW Asgard had already decided to call it quits and give their technology to the SGC. Let's face it, most of them had used up hundreds if not thousands of clones in a lifetime, so they were old enough to have been involved in the original fight that caused the rift between the MW and the Pegasus Asgard. They were just tired of immortality I expect.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X