How many MALPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many MALPS?

It's got to be a pretty complicated and somewhat expensive piece of machinery. Yet, it isn't capable of dialing the gate itself. Is it lost every time one is sent to a planet that an SG team can't follow it to for environmental or hostility reasons?
    Last edited by Archaeis; 18 February 2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: tried to delete, wrong board
    sigpic

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
    It's got to be a pretty complicated and somewhat expensive piece of machinery. Yet, it isn't capable of dialing the gate itself. Is it lost every time one is sent to a planet that an SG team can't follow it to for environmental or hostility reasons?
    More than likely! I'm reminded of a quote from Rodney in Atlantis after they send a MALP through to their first space gate... "Well, there goes that malp!"

They go through alot of them apparently. Gotta get pricy, those poor guys at MIT cranking them out have got to be getting curious haha

On the subject.. I was just rewatching Children of the Gods last night and noticed that Apophis had a sort of malp/kino. I dont remember ever noticing it before. Before he comes through the gate to SGC, there's a kino-type thing that looks like a goa'uld grenade that comes in before him and scans the blonde sargeant.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by themeatcleaver View Post
      More than likely! I'm reminded of a quote from Rodney in Atlantis after they send a MALP through to their first space gate... "Well, there goes that malp!"
      That doesnt prove anything because this MALP was lost because it floated away in space. But in generall, I cant think of another conclusion.
      As for the "MALP of Anubis", due to the generall concept of the gate I would say it is not unlikely that every civilisation that uses the gate to travel to unknown planets has some kind of MALP.

Comment

100 malps in the malp room, 100 malps in that room. Open the gate, send one through, 99 malps in the malp room!

I think you guys know the rest.
        sigpic
        ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

On that device in CotG.. It reminded me of those projectors we saw later on, that had the holographic visual indicator..

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
            100 malps in the malp room, 100 malps in that room. Open the gate, send one through, 99 malps in the malp room!

I think you guys know the rest.
            Ohhh is that what the rest of the thread will be like?!

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
              Ohhh is that what the rest of the thread will be like?!
              Only if people chime in!
              sigpic
              ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Open the gate send one through 98 MALPS in the MALP room

MIT probably dosent make the MALPS anymore. They are probably made by a defense contractor.
                ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

True.. for 20 times the cost knowing govt contracting....

Comment

Open the gate send one through 97 MALPS in the MALP room

Common people begin each post with a continuation of the song.

I am going to start an off-topic theard to do this song.

Theard is called "MALPS in the MALP room song" here's the URL

Last edited by ZPM Odyssey; 27 April 2011, 07:18 PM.
                    ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

Comment

Working...
                    X