• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Os (316)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    Os
    EPISODE NUMBER - 316

After a pair of gravity-defying thieves are caught at the scene of a crime, the team learns that they are test subjects in an experiment using a super-heavy element. Meanwhile, Walter struggles to move forward without his old partner.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 April 2014, 01:47 PM.

Alan Ruck! As much as the mustache weirded me out, I always like seeing him

Kind of a throw-away episode, minus the last 2 minutes. Entertaining enough, but not what I'm expecting from the show at this point in its story. Still, not a bad episode. It was entertaining, I just kind of expect more focus on the main arc than what we're getting here.

But I was quite surprised the gore got past the censors... Pleasantly surprised, but surprised just the same. I literally cringed when Ruck was scraping the bone
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Jorge Garcia cameo was fantastic. Alan Ruck is always appreciated. Olivia being Bell's sock puppet for a bit? Sounds like lulz ahead.

Another brilliant Fringe episode.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Jorge Garcia!!!!!! Did not see that one coming, short but cool. Great Cameo. Other than that...
        Favorites: Walter and Nina Sharp....
        ...Olivia as Bell? thats awesome..
        other than that it was okay, but as DigiFluid pointed out, I hoped for the focus on the main arc, well I hope next week..still awesome episode,
        why are you so excited about this Alan Ruck? He was okay... but nothing special, sorry.
        sigpic

Comment

Because he's Alan Ruck, that's why
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well this was good episode, it could have been better (referring to the slow work up to the ending)but I understand what it was the writers were aiming for. They were obviously building up to William Bell return to the series, as well as working up to alternative reality confrontation (not sure if that is the right wording to use). Anyway I found it to be a good episode despite it slowness since it worked it way in to the main plot (defying the laws of physics due to the two universes and the return of Bell).

About the only low point of the episode for me was the Olivia and Peter relationship (not the actual relationship, it is good to see our Olivia smile and laugh. I notice that she doesn't do so much), everyone in the episode was commenting on it. For me it took away from the episode a bit. Of course that is just me, I sure there will be people that disagree.

To sum this post up, next weeks episode is bound to be interesting, with the return of Bell, I am not surprise that Olivia turned out to be the vessel. I believe that the experiments that she underwent as a child have a connection to that. I have to say though, she needs a break from torment (seriously what do the writers have against our Olivia?). Other than that, it was a good episode (season three is continuing to amaze me. Oh before I forget, indeed it was great to see Alan Ruck again ^_^).
            "I love my insanity because it keeps all the sane people away from me"

Comment

Who's Jorge Garcia? And Alan Ruck?

Anyways, I liked this episode, crazy scientist, sympathetic motivation, crazy science, cliff-hanger conclusion.

Little nit-pick. If those guys defy gravity or float, when that first dead guy was floating, shouldn't his limbs have been higher than the rest of his body? lol

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post

Anyways, I liked this episode, crazy scientist, sympathetic motivation, crazy science, cliff-hanger conclusion.

Little nit-pick. If those guys defy gravity or float, when that first dead guy was floating, shouldn't his limbs have been higher than the rest of his body? lol
                Jorge - Security guard at start...aka Hurley in Lost. Alan Ruck - the father..from Spin City and Ferris Bueller's Day Off and other things

The last minutes of this episode were epic. All a build-up to the return of Mr Nimoy as Bell
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post

That's nothing (as far as nitpicking go) what about how come wheelchair bound people who can't use their legs can magically use them just because they are lighter? Is the compound also a nerve remedy? We can even see them walk with heavy boots. But again the law of nature doesn't apply in that case.
                  Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Very good episode. My wife and I just got around to watching it this evening. I saw something big involving Bell coming from the moment they mentioned him in the "previously on.." bit. Awesome ending!
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I laughed out loud at the ending. In general, I thought it was a pretty poor episode.

Comment

LOL'd at Olivia at the end! Next weeks ep looks HILARIOUS!

Peter: Ignore her.... (awkwardly) him

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                          LOL'd at Olivia at the end! Next weeks ep looks HILARIOUS!

Peter: Ignore her.... (awkwardly) him
                          Yeah, it should be pretty "out there".
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The episode was very good this week. I'm a big fan of episodes cases like The Plateau, The Box, Amber, Shape shifters, etc. But this one like Marionette feels a bit underwhelming compare to the other greatness. While it works with White Tulip the lone rogue scientists idea didn't come up very strong in this episode, because it's hard to imagine somebody would do something like that, even to make his son happy. That is killing disabled people (like his son) like if they were lab rat. The character's motivations and dilemmas were not strongly defined. I think the episode cases should be on a slightly larger scale. For example, I can imagine ZFT disciples doing some rogue experimentation based on Fringe science or new law of physics engendered by Walter's crossing to the other universe.

For example, if I take season 1 plot, having ZFT with the character Mr. Jones. Rogue/immoral experimentation for a higher purpose (the end justify the means): Going through walls to rob bank to fund the ZFT, using kids to solves equation to help the ZFT in their goal. This episode for example could be about the ZFT, or similar group of people, using the anti-gravity compound to rob important meteorites elements.

On another angle, it would also be interesting to know what the government (and military) thinks about this whole alt-universe war thing. Probably a lot of mixed reactions. Also the other universe should do more to try to destroy our universe (implanting virus, special nuclear bomb like ,etc). That way the episode cases can still be about containing a virus, but with a larger scale and some link to the mythology.

It was nice to see Peter and Olivia as an happy couple. They did a lot of it but it was necessary for the story since we need to see them as a working couple. I still hope that they would keep their professionalism in all of this. Or at least struggle to keep it.

The first scene with "Hurley", though it was a different character, was pretty funny. So is the scene where Walter rings the bell and slowly approach Nina as if she was "Belly". hilarious.

Again very good acting by Anna Torv, especially with her personification of Bell. She's really playing many different version of her own character. This episode was the happy but still troubled Olivia in love and now Bellivia. Contrary to what I read I don't think our Olivia, even happy and in love, is close to be like altliva. We can see that in the acting.

Overall a very good episode which would have been a bit better if it either was on a larger scale or if the rogue scientist dilemma and motivations were more defined.

8/10
                            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

One of the funniest moments was Walter dropping a mint in his soft drink.
                              Also funny was when he yelled for Astrid, (by the right name!) thinking she wasn't nearby but she was right there. And the reaction when she was assigned to dispose of the blood

And yeah, the ending was one of the best bits, with Olivia's reaction to Peter's shapeshifter project saying a lot without actually needing to say anything, and then BELLIVIA!
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X