How would you have done the finale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you have done the finale?

There seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction and downright hate for the finale. I pose a question: how would you have done the final two episodes? I'm including "Vegas," because it tied into "Enemy at the Gate." Personally, I liked the finale as it is. I would have scrapped "Vegas" and just fleshed out "Enemy at the Gate" into a two-parter or two-hour movie event. I think the main problem with the episode is that there simply was too much to tell in a mere 42 minutes.

Let Enemy at the Gate be a two parter, the first one ending with the hive at Earth, and have a final epic battle à la Be All My Sins Remembered and ending possibly with the disclosure of the Stargate program , and Atlantis returning to the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

The Wraith win and cull the entire planet.

A happy ending.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
        Let Enemy at the Gate be a two parter, the first one ending with the hive at Earth, and have a final epic battle à la Be All My Sins Remembered and ending possibly with the disclosure of the Stargate program , and Atlantis returning to the Pegasus galaxy.
        I like "Part 1" ending with the Wraith hive having reached Earth orbit, To Be Continued... haha Epic space battles are overrated. The "Be All My Sins Remember'd" space battle was good, but necessary: the galaxy was set to wipe out the Asurans, so naturally... there entire fleet was there to defend the planet. In the case of a Wraith hive coming for Earth, we shouldn't expect anything more than Earth ships and Atlantis versus the hive. I suspect had this been a two-parter, we'd have actually seen all of the Earth ships get a shot at the hive. Instead, we just got the brief battle between the hive and the Daedalus.

Why end with the disclosure of the Stargate program? That would be out of place, better suited for an SG-1 movie or a new series. As for Atlantis returning to Pegasus... why would anyone in their right mind let Atlantis be anywhere but on Earth? Realistically, an outpost would be built (think of Icarus base) in Pegasus and the war with the Wraith would continue. Should the base be lost, no big deal, build another. They can't build another Atlantis.

Comment

I'd have done it pretty much the same minus the wormhole drive, corny dialogue, Ronon's random death, and I'd have invented a plausible reason as to why they didn't just send a nuke through the gate instead of the team. I don't think the basic plot was that bad, it was just littered with smaller mistakes that ruined it. The "we're detecting another ship" bit where Atlantis swings in front of the Hive was pretty epic, but soured by how poor the episode was overall IMO.

Comment

The Wraith win and cull the entire planet.

A happy ending.
            I like wraithie endings. Way to go. But Atlantis never should have ended
            I would have let some wraith integrate, a bit like they did in Vegas. (At least Vegas would fit in that way) And then they should "reveal" themselfs, like pull their makeup off.
            On your knees human!! *hiss*

Comment

the EatG ep was waaay too rushed. Maybe had it be a two-hour finale....four or five more years down the road.......
              All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

You would set the finale five years into the future ala the Star Trek: Enterprise finale?

Comment

Working...
                X