Supernatural Boxed set discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supernatural Boxed set discussion

We all love the show, but this is the place to talk about the season sets! Have a favorite special feature? Have anything you'd like to see more of?

I'd love more commentaries. Jensen and Jared haven't done one since season 2!

The gag reels have always been great, so I'm good with them!

The Blu-Ray for season 1 included two exclusives as well. A Devils Road Map and the 2006 Paley fest panel.
    sigpic
    Stargate Chicago Con 2010 Attendee

More commentaries from Jensen and Jared would be great!

And how about longer gagreels?

I'm hoping for a commentary for "Weekend At Bobby's". Preferably with Jensen.

Wish the DVD's came with the Paleyfest panel. Even though I have seen parts of it on Youtube as well as read the transcript for it at SuperWiki.
    sigpic
    Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma626 View Post
      We all love the show, but this is the place to talk about the season sets! Have a favorite special feature? Have anything you'd like to see more of?

I'd love more commentaries. Jensen and Jared haven't done one since season 2!

The gag reels have always been great, so I'm good with them!

The Blu-Ray for season 1 included two exclusives as well. A Devils Road Map and the 2006 Paley fest panel.
      They did one in S2? Really? I've only seen the one on Phantom Traveller.

I wish the region 1 and region 2 versions came with the same set of extras. We get brutally short-changed in Europe, and I can't fathom why. Actually, I went out and bought the US version of S1-3 as well, because I was missing out on so much. After that I got wise and only order the region 1 version.

I agree with RiG, longer gag reels would be great, and I really hope for a Jensen commentary on the episode he directed. And more BTS stuff would be nice, like the 'A Day with Jared and Jensen' featurette on the S1 set.

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Jensen, Jared and director Kim Manners did a commentary on "In My Time of Dying".
        sigpic

Comment

Jensen, Jared and director Kim Manners did a commentary on "In My Time of Dying".
          OMG, how did I miss that?!?!? *runs off to watch*

sigpic
          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
            They did one in S2? Really? I've only seen the one on Phantom Traveller.
            I think she means they recorded the commentary during season 2.

I wish the region 1 and region 2 versions came with the same set of extras. We get brutally short-changed in Europe, and I can't fathom why. Actually, I went out and bought the US version of S1-3 as well, because I was missing out on so much. After that I got wise and only order the region 1 version.
            Gah! I hate this whole region crap! They should all be multi-region, able to play on DVD players everywhere.

I agree with RiG, longer gag reels would be great, and I really hope for a Jensen commentary on the episode he directed. And more BTS stuff would be nice, like the 'A Day with Jared and Jensen' featurette on the S1 set.
            Another "Day With J And J would be awesome! Would love to have seen how they filmed the Dean-in-Hell scenes. I read that he was crying...and it wasn't just from the emotions invoked by the script either.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
              I think she means they recorded the commentary during season 2.

Gah! I hate this whole region crap! They should all be multi-region, able to play on DVD players everywhere.

Another "Day With J And J would be awesome! Would love to have seen how they filmed the Dean-in-Hell scenes. I read that he was crying...and it wasn't just from the emotions invoked by the script either.
              He.
              sigpic

Comment

He.
                Woops! Sorry.
                sigpic
                Sig by ME.

Comment

No problem at all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well... since we're talking about the box sets... WHY IS THERE NO SEASON 2 BLU-RAY?!?!?!

Comment

There is in Germany. It'll be out soon most likely. They sell well for WB.
                      sigpic

Comment

The gag reels are probably the only reason I bought the sets, besides me buying the first set because it was on sale and I always wanted to watch the show but never had. I do occasionally watch deleted scenes and some of the other stuff.
                        sigpic

Comment

Season 2 will release on blue-ray on June 14th 2011 in the US!
                          sigpic

Comment

Since the first thing I start playing on any box set of any show I get is the commentaries, I would love more of those. I really love the ones where those involved have a sense of humor and kinda start to goof off. Jensen and Jared would give me hours of endless entertainment if they did more commentaries.
                            sigpic

Comment

Season 2 will release on blue-ray on June 14th 2011 in the US!
                              About bloody time... I'm still not sure why it took so long.

Comment

Working...
                              X