This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sheppard talks too much

So is it just me or does Sheppard talk way too much.As a military leader and with the training he got..why does he spill his guts about atlantis every time he meets new people(he don't even have to be tortured,he just volunteers the info ).I can remember in Reunion Ronon was about to tell his ''friends '' about atlantis and Teyla gave him this look like....u betta not say ****......so y is it ok for sheppard to just hop around the galaxy bringing all kinda ppls back with him or bragging about atlantis?

Do you have any specific examples? Seems to me he usually checks with Weir...
    sigpic

Comment

i don't recall him saying anything about atlantis. examples?
      sigpic

Comment

Indeed, the only time I can think of this happening was in "Rising" when he brought the Athosians back to Atlantis. It's not like they had anywhere else to go.

Comment

and in Sanctuary when he brought Chaya back.i got more examples just can't think of them ryt now.will have to rewatch and get back to you guys..........I think he also did it in the Tower too...

Comment

In regards to "Sanctuary," why would Sheppard not bring a living Ancient back to Atlantis? As for "The Tower," I don't remember much about that episode.

Comment

Shep never made a secret out of where the team was coming from. How could he? The Atlanteans used other weapons, they weared other clothes, they fought the wraith. So, why he should not talk about where he was coming from. As in (for example) "Coup d'Etat" the Genii rewards Atlanteans, not only Shep and the team but others.

As for bringing strangers to the city: Shep brought Chaya to Atlantis, that's true. But he was ... don't know if this was true love or something else. For me he don't had full control over himself in this episode. The same that Carson did in "Irressistible".
              In "The Tower" no stranger was in Atlantis, Carson was called to help the diing monarch. And when the gene-therapy was a theme Shep and Carson wanted to bring it to all the people on this planet because they needed someone for the ancient-chair.
              In "The Seer" it was the order to bring this guy to Atlantis because of his never failed visions. This order came from the IOA, it was not Sheps decision. To bring Todd to Atlantis was also not his idea, when I remember right.
              In "The Return" it was Caldwells/McKays decision to bring the Ancient back home to Atlantis. Shep was never a friend of this choice.
              In "The Long Goodbye" they brought the stasis-chambers back to Atlantis, but as far as I know it was a team-/Weir-decision to do so, because they waned to learn about the people inside the chambers.

This are all examples I remember that someone from Pegasus came to Atlantis. Please give me an example about what you exactly meant.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

ok.no one knew that chaya was an ancient until after the fact.sheppard brought her back and gave her the grand tour even giving up critical info about atlantis and also earth.....also in ''condemned'' he told the magistrate that they came from atlantis ...then he jokingly said it was just destroyed.i'm just sayin .in a place where no one is ever what they seem...a trained military man should kno better

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  In regards to "Sanctuary," why would Sheppard not bring a living Ancient back to Atlantis? As for "The Tower," I don't remember much about that episode.
                  Pretty sure that at the time they had no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                    ok.no one knew that chaya was an ancient until after the fact.sheppard brought her back and gave her the grand tour even giving up critical info about atlantis and also earth.....also in ''condemned'' he told the magistrate that they came from atlantis ...then he jokingly said it was just destroyed.i'm just sayin .in a place where no one is ever what they seem...a trained military man should kno better
                    They always tried to find allies and as we have learned in "Rising" Atlantis was some kind of a sanctuary for the Pegasus-people. Beside from what happened in "The Storm" and "The Eye" and "Coup d'Etat" there was never a real danger from the Pegasus folks for Atlantis. So why he should not talk about where they were coming from? I think it was an all over decision for every SG-team but with the focus on AR-1 we only know about what Shep and the others did.
                    About "Condemned", where his "before the city was destroyed" was a joke? Sorry, don't get your point here. Atlantis was a secret at that point because what happened in "The Siege" but it was also clear WHERE the team came originally from (Atlantis). In season 2 they brought on the story that Atlantis was destroyed by the wraith and that was what Shep told the magistrate exactly. So, where is your point of critic here?

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                    Pretty sure that at the time they had no idea.
                    As I've said before: Irresistible - Carson brought Lucius into the city. Same situation.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                    sigpic
                    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)

Comment

point being........even if you looking for allies you already kno that ppl pretend and get info then use against you..........like sheppard giving the ata gene to otto in ''the tower'' and wat'd he do soon after?and don't say it was to get pj and drones.you just can't go around giving everyone the location and adress of atlantis cah it wud be easy pickings for the wraith to probe these simple folks minds.
                      wen shep asked larrin how he cud reach her she told him flat out.......u can't..i'll find u...anybody wanting to contact atlantis shud b made to dial alpha site or something first.its the same thing weir did in ''progeny'' not knowing 100% if the asurans were ancient..she began to point out all of atlantis's weaknesses.....

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
                        point being........even if you looking for allies you already kno that ppl pretend and get info then use against you..........like sheppard giving the ata gene to otto in ''the tower'' and wat'd he do soon after?and don't say it was to get pj and drones.you just can't go around giving everyone the location and adress of atlantis cah it wud be easy pickings for the wraith to probe these simple folks minds.
                        wen shep asked larrin how he cud reach her she told him flat out.......u can't..i'll find u...anybody wanting to contact atlantis shud b made to dial alpha site or something first.its the same thing weir did in ''progeny'' not knowing 100% if the asurans were ancient..she began to point out all of atlantis's weaknesses.....
                        WHEN Shep goes around and give anyone the address of Lantea?
                        Larrins answer was about the radio-calls from the Altanteans and their appereance in Pegasus. It was not about Shep told her WHERE Atlantis was. In fact, in "Be all my sins remember'd" Larrin did not know where Atlantis was. She was invited to the city because of Sam and the plan of an alliance, but she never gave the location to others.
                        In "The Tower" Shep and Carson offered the gene therapy to ALL the people of the planet because they needed help against the wraith (yes, it was about the drones and the chair). It was true, Shep trusted Otto there but he did not have much time to think about the whole situation. He had to act and he did. By the way, it was also Carson's fault because he gave the therapy to Otto.
                        Liz was sure in "Progeny" that they found ancients, and she wasn't a member of the military. As the leader of the expedition it was up to her to decide WHAT was told to other folks and what not. She trusted the Asurians and had to pay the bill. Atlantis left the planet and she became a replicator herself. I would say, she paid the highest prize for this failure.

Again, I see no point. Give me an exact example where Shep act like you are insisted. He never was a traitor and what he told was allowed to get allies.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post

As I've said before: Irresistible - Carson brought Lucius into the city. Same situation.
                          Carson was under the influence of that crazy pheromone though, what Sheppard's excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                            Carson was under the influence of that crazy pheromone though, what Sheppard's excuse?
                            Something familiar. He wasn't himself in that episode. Maybe love, maybe something else.

Sig & Avi by Josi
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
                              Something familiar. He wasn't himself in that episode. Maybe love, maybe something else.

Comment

Working...
                              X