Destinys nose SPOILERS for Resurgence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destinys nose SPOILERS for Resurgence

Now I love the design of the destiny but after watching resurgence for the 4th time or something I get a good look at destinys nose. The rest of the ship is all steam punk and looks awesome but when u get to destinys nose it's all smooth and rounded which I just don't get. Anyway got any ideas?

aerodynamics?....wait...spaceodynamics?

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
      aerodynamics?....wait...spaceodynamics?
      Given that while in FTL the ship looks like it is flying through gas, plasma or some kind of exotic particle field, aerodynamics may make some sort of sense.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

perhaps Destiny flies so fast that the ambient light actually slows it down? god thats an awesome thought haha

Comment

The ship also flies through stars on occasion, where it actually has something besides vacuum to deal with. Though I would have to imagine that superheated gases are more of a concern than a little friction...

Comment

Artistic Design.

Not everything has an "actual" purpose. Sometimes things just look cool to look cool.
            sigpic
            ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

There shouldn't be any resistance in space. Right? It's not like water or air?

Comment

Originally posted by actuallyliam View Post
                There shouldn't be any resistance in space. Right? It's not like water or air?
                True, space is mostly empty, but when Destiny is in FTL we can clearly see she's flying through something that resembles a gas, so that could explain why she needs streamlining.

I like Vn70072's idea that is has more to do with Destiny flying through stars than anything else.

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                Artistic Design.

Not everything has an "actual" purpose. Sometimes things just look cool to look cool.
                This is probably the right answer. That said, it can be enjoyable to justify these things in-universe.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

seeing as they are traveling through normal space, i'd say its space junk (gas, rock, ice etc) just moving so fast over the shield you cant see.

Comment

hanger bay !!! ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                      Artistic Design.

Agree with Green here, I think its desgined like that just to make it look cool. Take a look at the 1st back to the future moive is an example i can think of.

Comment

I think it also just for looks or Artistic design.
                        Kevin Morgan

Comment

Perhaps is like our jets, where the radar is housed..

Comment

Working...
                          X