PDA

View Full Version : FRINGE - Season 3 Ratings Thread

Homer 120
January 27th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Decided I would make a topic dedicated to ratings discussion and speculation as we do for SGU, to start the ball rolling I'll post the ratings for ''The Firefly'':

3x10: ''THE FIREFLY''
- 4.871 million viewers
- 2.7/5 HH
- 1.9/6 A18-49

3x11: ''RECIPROCITY'' - Predictions:
- 4.9 million
- 2.7/5 HH
- 1.8/6 A18-49

So a slight drop in the A18-49 category but nothing to damaging, I don't see Supernatural being a huge problem for the show ratings wise. Also the DVR ratings were up at lest from what I've read on tvbythenumbers.

the fifth man
January 27th, 2011, 06:48 PM
I really hope it can perform well enough to earn itself another season. This great show definitely deserves it.

Homer 120
January 28th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I really hope it can perform well enough to earn itself another season. This great show definitely deserves it.

Yeah, and with the CW's recant schedule changes delaying new episodes of SUPERNATURAL and SMALLVILLE by a week I still reserve my prediction at a steady uptick.

Stormtrooper
January 29th, 2011, 07:45 AM
'Fringe' Holds Steady, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Down (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/29/updated-tv-ratings-friday-fringe-holds-steady-kitchen-nightmares-down/80704)

Fox won Friday night with adults 18-49 and 18-34. In its second Friday, Fringe once again averaged a 1.9 rating with adults 18-49 even though its lead in, Kitchen Nightmares was down two tenths from last week to a 1.7 rating with adults 18-49.

It was a mish-mash Friday where other than Fox’s lineup, only Primetime What Would You Do?, 20/20 and Dateline NBC were originals.

Some CW fans were very upset that the CW changed the schedule on Thursday afternoon to delay the returns of originals of Smallville and Supernatural by a week, instead opting for a variety of reasons to air encores of Thursday’s The Vampire Diaries and Nikita on Friday Night.

Great news! :D

pisces27
January 29th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Yes! great news

Homer 120
January 30th, 2011, 02:04 AM
3x11: ''RECIPROCITY'' - Ratings:
- 4.57 million
- 1.9 - A18-49

Things are indeed holding and looknig good for the show! If next weeks ratings hold or increase, O am sure we will be hearing renwel news soon after!

TheRandomOne
January 30th, 2011, 03:49 AM
The first two weeks had no real competition. Especially with the CW pushing back their Friday night showd returns

DigiFluid
January 30th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I am pleased that it's holding steady, I hope it continues to do so once Supernatural returns. I'll be rather unhappy if Season 3 is the end and the conclusion of the story is either rushed or never happens at all.

the fifth man
January 30th, 2011, 06:10 PM
I really hope things remain steady for next week as well.

Homer 120
January 31st, 2011, 12:41 PM
3x11: ''RECIPROCITY'' - Ratings (Final Numbers):
- 4.534 million viewers
- 2.5/4 HH
- 1.9/6 A18-49

With the reaction towards the CW delaying SPN & SM to this week I wonder what the excuses will be from the haters over at tvbythenumbers if FRINGE's ratings either increase or hold steady again. If the hold steady then it may get a 4th season, if it increases then it'll get a 4th season for sure

Sp!der
February 2nd, 2011, 11:19 AM
It will definitley get a season four.. I am sure, if not I will loose all hope that I have left of the networks...

Homer 120
February 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
It will definitley get a season four.. I am sure, if not I will loose all hope that I have left of the networks...

Yeah. Will be interesting to see the numbers this week, I doubt SPN & SM will have that big an impact on the ratings.

Stormtrooper
February 5th, 2011, 04:42 PM
'Fringe' Falls More Than Fractionally, 'Smallville,' 'Supernatural' Return Even; 'CSI:NY' Up At 10pm (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/05/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-falls-fractionally-smallville-supernatural-return-even/81577)

Fringe fell to a 1.6 adults 18-49 rating in its third Friday episode down 16% from its last two Fridays, and drew 4.3 million average viewers. That’s a lower rating than most of our polled readers expected. At 8pm, Kitchen Nightmares drew a 1.7 rating, even with last Friday.

After a long repeat layoff, the CW’s Smallville (2.4 million avg. viewers) and Supernatural (2.3 million avg. viewers) each scored a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating, even with their last new episodes in December.

Not surprisingly, the already dead The Defenders started on Friday with a series low 1.3 adults 18-49 rating. Super Bowl’s Greatest Commercials couldn’t match its 2.8 rating from Wednesday last season, but its 2.0 rating to lead the night was still impressive. CSI:NY’s move to 10pm drew a 1.9 rating, up 12% from its last new 9pm episode.

It seems there's still a chance Fringe's 18-49 rating will increase to 1.7 when the final numbers are released. That said, the decreasing number of overall viewers two weeks in a row is cause for concern.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hmmm, I had hoped for better.

Homer 120
February 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Fringe
- 4.258 million viewers
- 2.4/4 HH
- 1.6/5 A18-49

Sp!der
February 9th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Hmmm, I had hoped for better.

still i am confident that we get at least one more season....

DigiFluid
February 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Initial report on last night :S

After two weeks of maintaining its Thursday ratings in its new Friday time period, the Fox drama slipped 16 percent last week. Last night, it slipped 13 percent further — to 3.7 million viewers and a 1.4 in the preliminary adult demo.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/12/fringe-ratings-drop-friday/

Stormtrooper
February 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
The show is too complex for the audience. One of the reasons why it's DVR'd so much. The love triangle is not helping either :(

Gamma626
February 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
All of the networks were down this week. It's getting warmer out, and the blizzards are done.

the fifth man
February 12th, 2011, 09:46 PM
The show is too complex for the audience. One of the reasons why it's DVR'd so much. The love triangle is not helping either :(

Apparently a lot of shows are too complex for American audiences these days.:( This show better get another season.

Homer 120
February 14th, 2011, 05:26 AM
I wish FOX would make their decision already! Renew FRINGE along with HUMAN TARGET which seemed to get higher ratings towards the end of S2

Homer 120
February 14th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Friday Night Finals

- 3.736 million viewers
- 2.2/4 HH
- 1.4/5 A18-49

DigiFluid
February 16th, 2011, 01:02 AM
FOX talks up Fringe (http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/fox-boss-kevin-reilly-psyched-about-fringe-ratings-fringe-season-4-renewal/31147)

Homer 120
February 16th, 2011, 04:36 AM
FOX talks up Fringe (http://thevoiceoftv.com/blog/fox-boss-kevin-reilly-psyched-about-fringe-ratings-fringe-season-4-renewal/31147)

Hmm, very interesting. I hope they do renew it soon, along with HUMAN TARGET but FRINGE deserves it more it has proven itself on a Friday night and this weeks drop shouldn't be cause for concern as ratings were down across TV land last week. When did FOX renew FRINGE for Season 3?

jmoz
February 16th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Was the friday before valentine's, probably an anomaly. I hope.

the fifth man
February 17th, 2011, 05:06 AM
I really hope it gets renewed soon. That way, we can all stop worrying. Until next season at this time, that is.;)

Commander Zelix
February 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Here's another very encouraging interview about the ratings:

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2011/02/15/fringes-jeff-pinkner-and-j-h-wyman-to-fans-dont-worry-about-the-ratings/

And we’ve been told, as long as we’re getting a 1.2 [in the important demo] or whatever, that’s okay for Friday nights

That's seem pretty low to me, but hey, I'll go with it if it means I will have less worrying to do. But let's say, I don't want only a season 4 renewal. I would love for Fringe to be able to complete it's 7 season (already pitched to the network) and even beyond if the entertainment value is still great. So good ratings this season is not only good for the season 4 renewal but it help maintain and hopefully increase Fringe's fanbase for the following seasons renewal.

There was a large increases in live+3 ratings this week (after the across the board reduction in live+SD). I just hope more people watch it live this week. Making Fox's deepest fantasies come true is not a bad way to get renewed.

the fifth man
February 17th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I like good news, but an official announcement of renewal would be even nicer.

DigiFluid
February 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I would love for Fringe to be able to complete it's 7 season (already pitched to the network)

Seven seasons? Goodness me. I love the show, but personally I feel like it's coming to its natural end even now. For where the story is, and stories still demanding to be told, I think they could quite easily wrap it up even if they only get a short-order Season 4 renewal.

jmoz
February 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Nah, I wouldnt mind seven seasons. I agree that this arc seems to coming to a satisfactory close but Fringe is bigger than this one arc. The characters are just awesome enough for it to continue onto another arc. They have so much left to explore and have room to expand into the 'alien' possibility. I mean so far, it's been concentrated around Earth mostly, they could just as easily explore alien storylines.

Sp!der
February 18th, 2011, 04:35 AM
If the stories are right I would not mind a 7 Seasons run either... but i am happy with a fourth season.

Commander Zelix
February 18th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Seven seasons? Goodness me. I love the show, but personally I feel like it's coming to its natural end even now.
That's crazy. For me Fringe was always good but just started to getting great in it's third season with the use of the mythalone format and the discovery of the "enemy".

Personally I think those writers have a knack for creating great dialogues and adding layers and twists (gamechangers, new arcs) to their storylines and mythology, so when they say they already pitched 7 seasons to the Fox network, I strongly believe it could be great. Until proof of the contrary I want for Fringe to go as long as possible (by introducing new arcs). Since they already pitched 7 seasons, they already know where they are going and I don't know why you think it wont be good if you pretend to love Fringe.

There's not a lot of sci-fi show with a writing team as good as Fringe is and I want it to continue it's greatness as long as possible. I hope people who watched Fringe or Lost before then stopped take a look back into it because season 3 is almost a whole new format. With the best of both worlds.

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
That's crazy. For me Fringe was always good but just started to getting great in it's third season with the use of the mythalone format and the discovery of the "enemy".

Personally I think those writers have a knack for creating great dialogues and adding layers and twists (gamechangers, new arcs) to their storylines and mythology, so when they say they already pitched 7 seasons to the Fox network, I strongly believe it could be great. Until proof of the contrary I want for Fringe to go as long as possible (by introducing new arcs). Since they already pitched 7 seasons, they already know where they are going and I don't know why you think it wont be good if you pretend to love Fringe.

There's not a lot of sci-fi show with a writing team as good as Fringe is and I want it to continue it's greatness as long as possible. I hope people who watched Fringe or Lost before then stopped take a look back into it because season 3 is almost a whole new format. With the best of both worlds.

There's really no call for personal offense and wild accusations.

I'm looking at this 'seven seasons proposal' a bit like later SG-1. I loved Seasons 9 and 10, and was (and still am!) bitter about the cancellation. They were great stuff. With that said, I'm not sure the show should still have been called SG-1. The change in tone, cast, and most importantly primary story arc, were so dramatically changed that it probably ought to have been "Stargate Command" as intended, rather than continuing SG-1.

Fringe is a fantastic show, and is evolving wonderfully. But where it is right now is where it's been building to since the very beginning of the show. Once the conflict between the universes is resolved, which appears to be approaching with rapid inevitability, it's really the fruition of the Fringe's entire central story arc.

Commander Zelix
February 18th, 2011, 02:05 PM
There's really no call for personal offense and wild accusations.

I'm looking at this 'seven seasons proposal' a bit like later SG-1. I loved Seasons 9 and 10, and was (and still am!) bitter about the cancellation. They were great stuff. With that said, I'm not sure the show should still have been called SG-1. The change in tone, cast, and most importantly primary story arc, were so dramatically changed that it probably ought to have been "Stargate Command" as intended, rather than continuing SG-1.

That's a matter of personal taste. I much prefer the season 9 of Stargate than season 7 which is my least favorite (I must say I missed Jack as a character at first). I can say I think the sixth and the seventh seasons DS9 were great with the new dominion war arc. I think the sixth season of DS9 is my favorite. Not season 3 or 4!!

Fringe is a fantastic show, and is evolving wonderfully. But where it is right now is where it's been building to since the very beginning of the show. Once the conflict between the universes is resolved, which appears to be approaching with rapid inevitability, it's really the fruition of the Fringe's entire central story arc.
The writers already pitched season 5, 6 and 7 to the network. So it's already planned out up to season 7. Unless you're a Fringe writer or have the crystal ball and know more than you seem to...

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
That's a matter of personal taste. I much prefer the season 9 of Stargate than season 7 which is my least favorite (I must say I missed Jack as a character at first).
Er....even the show-runners of SG-1 wanted to rename the series Stargate Command.

I can say I think the sixth and the seventh seasons DS9 were great with the new dominion war arc. I think the sixth season of DS9 is my favorite. Not season 3 or 4!!
Which means exactly squat in the context of this conversation. The war was the culmination of storytelling which began in Season 2, which had its own antecedents as far back as the series pilot. That was the fruition of all the seeds they'd laid to that point.

The writers already pitched season 5, 6 and 7 to the network. So it's already planned out up to season 7. Unless you're a Fringe writer or have the crystal ball and know more than you seem to...
Oh yay, more misplaced snark :rolleyes:

I'm speaking as a viewer. Fringe began with "the pattern" and ZFT, which were eventually revealed to have been part of the grander conflict of universes that we're now enjoying. Resolving that story is sure to be terrific, but as I said, moving beyond it will be the proverbial introduction of the Ori. It may well be fantastic television (as were SG1 S9/10), but it won't quite be Fringe anymore.

Commander Zelix
February 18th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Oh yay, more misplaced snark :rolleyes:
It's not misplaced snark. The writers already pitched season 5 to 7 to the network. So it's already planned out that way. Like DS9 (supposedly) that you like. Case closed. :P

DigiFluid
February 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Fringe's ratings go back up a bit this week (http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/02/19/fringe-ratings-improve/)! Yay!

Stormtrooper
February 20th, 2011, 02:12 AM
But is that enough for a season 4 renewal? I really hope so.

DigiFluid
February 20th, 2011, 02:32 AM
As do I. At any rate, Fringe seems to have defied FOX's attempt to kill it, by maintaining similar ratings to before the move. If they decide to axe it, we'll at least have that.

Sp!der
February 20th, 2011, 03:27 AM
Yeah, I love Fringe... and I hope it continues at least for two more seasons... and I think if they already pitched 4,5,6 and 7 to fox we will have to see how things work out. But you guys are right, Fringe had definitley changed from season one... but in a good way. I loved the changes of SG1 in Season 9/10 as well.. a new show, but one of the best seasons in the entire franchise (at least for me!)
I hope everything works out for fringe because it is the best sci-fi/drama show around! Btw the Soundtrack for the second season is released early in march.

Homer 120
February 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
YES! Hopefully it either holds steady or upticks in the finals.

jmoz
February 20th, 2011, 11:01 AM
I hope it gets renewed. I'm hoping the switching between characters from one universe to another universe is cost saving.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Not bad news at all. Come on, FOX. Make us all proud.

Homer 120
February 21st, 2011, 05:32 AM
You know what I don't get? Everyone at lest most of, the members a TVBTN are saying FOX is trying everything they can to kill FRINGE which from what I've read is just not true.

jmoz
February 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
When would they announce a renewal? When did they announce it last time?

DigiFluid
February 21st, 2011, 11:44 AM
You know what I don't get? Everyone at lest most of, the members a TVBTN are saying FOX is trying everything they can to kill FRINGE which from what I've read is just not true.
Moving the show to the Friday Night Death Slot says it all.

When would they announce a renewal? When did they announce it last time?
Googled it, looks like it was early March when the Season 3 renewal came down.

Homer 120
February 22nd, 2011, 05:24 AM
Moving the show to the Friday Night Death Slot says it all.

Googled it, looks like it was early March when the Season 3 renewal came down.

And yet it managed to get a 1.9 for that ''Important Demo'' in the first two weeks of it being moved, which obviously ups its chances of getting a 4th Season.

DigiFluid
February 22nd, 2011, 05:42 AM
Indeed it did. That speaks to the strength of the show and devotion of the audience. That's in spite of FOX's blatant move to kill the show.

Commander Zelix
February 22nd, 2011, 06:55 AM
Indeed it did. That speaks to the strength of the show and devotion of the audience. That's in spite of FOX's blatant move to kill the show.
Fox is a TV network. They want all their shows to succeed. And they are the one giving their ok to Fringe in the first place. I put the real blame on the general audience (thought the first 2 seasons of Fringe were very good but not great as the third season). The worst move was the move from Tuesday. But the move to Friday, with the ratings Fringe had after it's move to Thursday, may be a good thing since the expectation in ratings for a show on Friday is lower than other days of the week. Constantly changing schedule is not good for any shows, hopefully Fox will give the change to Fringe to built a following on Friday. People should support it by watching their show and talking about it.

the fifth man
February 22nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hopefully another few weeks of solid ratings numbers will ensure this great show's renewal. I really hope FOX doesn't leave us hanging too long.

DigiFluid
February 22nd, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hopefully another few weeks of solid ratings numbers will ensure this great show's renewal. I really hope FOX doesn't leave us hanging too long.
:indeed:

Being more than halfway through a season with no news is already frustrating enough. I don't want to have to wait much longer :S

the fifth man
February 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM
:indeed:

Being more than halfway through a season with no news is already frustrating enough. I don't want to have to wait much longer :S

Believe me, I totally understand that my friend.

Homer 120
February 23rd, 2011, 01:33 AM
Fringe
- 4.017 million viewers
- 2.3/4 HH
- 1.5/5 A18-49

From the Friday Night Finals

the fifth man
February 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
Nice!:)

DigiFluid
February 23rd, 2011, 09:08 PM
That's up again a bit from last week isn't it?

Homer 120
February 24th, 2011, 03:01 AM
That's up again a bit from last week isn't it?

Yup, up from 1.4 in the demo.

DigiFluid
February 24th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Most excellent :D

Replicator Todd
February 24th, 2011, 03:16 PM
I still have yet to watch this show I hear nothing but great things about(but I plan on watching sometime this year). But I do hope it does well enough to get a fourth season. FOX deserves to be spit in the face. :p

the fifth man
February 24th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I still have yet to watch this show I hear nothing but great things about(but I plan on watching sometime this year). But I do hope it does well enough to get a fourth season. FOX deserves to be spit in the face. :p

Definitely give it a chance. It is well worth the investment of your time, I promise you.

DigiFluid
February 24th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Definitely give it a chance. It is well worth the investment of your time, I promise you.
^ what fifth said

Fringe is a really good show, lots of fun. I don't know that I'd put it quite on par with greats like Farscape and the like, but damned if it isn't a fine show in its own right. It has a pretty nice balance of independent and arc stories, but also does that cool 'seeding' thing where a lot of seemingly unrelated stories end up being significant later on.

And the series' main story arc is just awesome. Fringe is definitely a worthy time investment.

Replicator Todd
February 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM

I definitely plan on watching it. But Id rather start from the beginning instead of jumping into the current season.

jmoz
February 25th, 2011, 11:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jblnE7oWpdg

Homer 120
February 26th, 2011, 12:49 PM
FRINGE ratings hold steady!

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/26/updated-tv-ratings-friday-fringe-steady-kitchen-nightmares-down-slightly/83842

Don't FOX look at a Season's demo ratings in total rather than how one episode does? But things do appear to be looking up.

PS. Thinking of getting Season 2 on DVD on Monday got Season 1 a few weeks ago :)

DigiFluid
February 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
I definitely plan on watching it. But Id rather start from the beginning instead of jumping into the current season.
Highly, highly recommended with this show. It's a show with mysteries that are gradually revealed as it carries on, so to start mid-run would rob you of some wonderful experiences along the way.

the fifth man
February 26th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Good news about the ratings remaining steady.

DigiFluid
February 26th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Indeed it is. Several weeks in a row now....stick that in your pipe and smoke it, FOX!

Commander Zelix
February 27th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Don't FOX look at a Season's demo ratings in total rather than how one episode does? But things do appear to be looking up.
Beyond premium channel (and cable channel to a degree) networks are looking at the ratings expectations for the future episodes (since it means increase of revenue). So they are interested in trends. Hopefully, since the ratings are pretty good for a Friday night and the show got good press, Fox will let Fringe solidify it's viewership on Friday.

Homer 120
February 27th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Beyond premium channel (and cable channel to a degree) networks are looking at the ratings expectations for the future episodes (since it means increase of revenue). So they are interested in trends. Hopefully, since the ratings are pretty good for a Friday night and the show got good press, Fox will let Fringe solidify it's viewership on Friday.

We can only hope! That said the 1.9 the first two weeks will definitely work to the show's advantage. And to add to that the show has so far managed to maintain its Thursday night audience, which Rielly said if the shows was able to maintain its audience it would stand a chance. I personally think the show will have exceeded FOX's expectations for a Friday night scripted show.

the fifth man
February 27th, 2011, 06:13 PM
We can only hope! That said the 1.9 the first two weeks will definitely work to the show's advantage. And to add to that the show has so far managed to maintain its Thursday night audience, which Rielly said if the shows was able to maintain its audience it would stand a chance. I personally think the show will have exceeded FOX's expectations for a Friday night scripted show.

I certainly hope so.

Briangate78
February 27th, 2011, 06:34 PM
The show's problem is not finding viewers, it is getting them to watch Live. They moved up to like a 2.5 rating in the 18 to 49 demo after all DVR was factored into play. It just goes to show that Friday night is one of the more DVR'd nights of the week, because people go out.

DigiFluid
February 27th, 2011, 07:03 PM
The show's problem is not finding viewers, it is getting them to watch Live. They moved up to like a 2.5 rating in the 18 to 49 demo after all DVR was factored into play. It just goes to show that Friday night is one of the more DVR'd nights of the week, because people go out.
Absolutely.

I'm also a firm believer in the assertion that us scifi geeks are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting our shows renewed, because we tend to be the first ones to fully adopt and embrace new technology like DVR.

Briangate78
February 27th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Absolutely.

I'm also a firm believer in the assertion that us scifi geeks are our own worst enemy when it comes to getting our shows renewed, because we tend to be the first ones to fully adopt and embrace new technology like DVR.

Yeah, they use the word "Tech Savy". I also believe that these science fiction shows that we watch do have interest to a lot of people, but how they watch it, is hurting that genre. At least with the movie market, it can be shown through the box office and DVD sales. Heck, the top grossing movie of 2009 in DVD sales and whatnot was a Sci fi movie.

Homer 120
February 28th, 2011, 01:40 AM
Should we get the Friday night finals tonight? Or are they released tomorrow?

Briangate78
February 28th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Should we get the Friday night finals tonight? Or are they released tomorrow?

Friday's finals will be out around 4pm today.

Homer 120
February 28th, 2011, 10:38 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/28/live7-dvr-ratings-fringe-again-tops-gains-modern-family-leads-absolute-gains/83983

Homer 120
March 1st, 2011, 01:45 AM
Friday Night Finals, Fringe holds steady:

Fringe
- 4.021 million viewers
- 2.3/4 HH
- 1.5/5 A18-49

the fifth man
March 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Not too bad, right?

Homer 120
March 6th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Fringe-less Friday ratings news, and it ain't good for FOX:

8:00
CBS The Defenders 1.5/6 8.58

NBC Who Do You Think You Are 1.2/4 6.13

CW Smallville 1.0/3 2.24

ABC Supernanny 0.9/3 3.33

FOX NAACP Image Awards 0.6/2 2.24

9:00

NBC Dateline NBC 1.5/5 6.26

CBS CSI: NY (R) 1.4/5 8.67

ABC Primetime: What Would You Do 1.1/4 3.47

CW Supernatural 1.0/3 2.22

FOX NAACP Image Awards 0.6/2 2.44

10:00

NBC Dateline NBC 2.1/7 7.27

CBS Blue Bloods (R) 1.4/5 8.44

ABC 20/20 1.2/4 4.75

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/05/tv-ratings-fringe-less-friday-the-defenders-perks-up-smallville-dateline-paces-nbc/84734

Looks like the SPN will crush FRINGE in ratings theory has been disproven! And the Fringe-less Friday night ratings should speak volumes to Fox :)

Stormtrooper
March 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-links-dvr-ratings-news-more

FOX Research (http://twitter.com/FOX_Research/status/42970365860921344) reports that Fringe jumped 53% again with 3 days of DVR playback, moving the “Subject 13″ adults 18-49 rating up from 1.5 (live/same day) to a 2.3. Good DVR numbers, although live figures is where the the money’s at.

the fifth man
March 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM
http://www.fringebloggers.com/fringe-links-dvr-ratings-news-more

Still, that is a big jump.

Homer 120
March 9th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Do we even know what Fox expected Fringe to get in the Friday night timeslot?

starg8fans
March 9th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Do we even know what Fox expected Fringe to get in the Friday night timeslot?

Not sure about that, but IGN put Fringe on their 'Endangered' list. Here's what they said:

Another show it pains us to list on here, Fringe is in a difficult position. It was getting clobbered on Thursday nights, but when it moved to Fridays, the initial ratings were better than anyone could have expected on that difficult night – only for it to drop in subsequent weeks. Still, FOX is trying hard to make something work for them on Fridays, so if Fringe can stabilize, it has a shot.
You can see the complete list at http://tv.ign.com/articles/114/1149292p1.html

the fifth man
March 9th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I definitely do not like it being classified as "endangered".

Homer 120
March 10th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Question for the fans:
Are any of you fans of BOTH Fringe and Supernatural? How many of you are Nielsen (sp?) viewers? And most importantly, will you be watching Fringe this Friday with no Supernatural on until the 18th (?)?

Either way I am eagerly and slightly the wait for Saturday's ratings report! But will be putting it out of my mind on the day as I will be seeing ''Battle: LA''

starg8fans
March 10th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Actually, they're the only two shows I watch. But I don't live in the States, so it's not an issue which one I'd watch live. I'm just glad the rest of the seasons will be spread out more with the shows airing on alternate Fridays now. The summer hiatus will be long enough, even if both get renewed.

Homer 120
March 13th, 2011, 03:04 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/12/tv-ratings-csi-ny-blue-bloods-up-fringe-the-defenders-steady/85496

Go Fringe! Hope either an uptick in the finals or another steady week. Didn't Fox execs say that if Fringe can hold with these numbers, chances of a 4th Season are high?

Homer 120
March 13th, 2011, 03:04 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/12/could-problems-with-terra-nova-help-fringe-or-the-chicago-code-or-lie-to-me/85543

the fifth man
March 13th, 2011, 05:55 PM
This being nervous really sucks. Just give us a renewal already.

Homer 120
March 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Fringe
- 3.639 million viewers
- 2.1/4 HH
- 1.5/5 A18-49

Homer 120
March 20th, 2011, 08:17 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/19/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-falls/86252

And the haters are at it again! As are the Doom and Gloomers! Seriously tho the comments section has become predictable when it comes to Fringe.

Sp!der
March 20th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Yeah, just renew it already!!!!!!!!!!

the fifth man
March 20th, 2011, 05:57 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/19/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-falls/86252

And the haters are at it again! As are the Doom and Gloomers! Seriously tho the comments section has become predictable when it comes to Fringe.

We certainly didn't need ratings like that. I sure hope it can rebound a bit this week.

Homer 120
March 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Fringe
- 3.797 million viewers
- 2.3/4 HH
- 1.3/5 A18-49

Homer 120
March 24th, 2011, 01:49 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/23/fringe-friday-rating-was-it-a-1-4-or-a-1-3-livesd-adults-18-49-rating/86834

Huh?

Homer 120
March 24th, 2011, 01:54 AM
Fringe
- 3.797 million viewers
- 2.3/4 HH
- 1.3/5 A18-49 - 1.4 A18-49 (?)

Homer 120
March 26th, 2011, 08:57 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/26/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-ratings-rebound/87096

Fringe rebounds as usual! Hardly surprising considerin the latest episode comes on the heels of the renewal announcment.

Homer 120
March 29th, 2011, 04:02 AM
Fringe
- 3.843 million viewers
- 2.4/4 HH
- 1.4/5 A18-49

starg8fans
March 29th, 2011, 04:11 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/03/26/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-ratings-rebound/87096

Fringe rebounds as usual! Hardly surprising considerin the latest episode comes on the heels of the renewal announcment.

I guess a lot of people lost faith that they would get a satisfactory ending if the show was cancelled, and now that they know there'll be a S4 they came back. I really can't understand why the studios leave this decision for so late. Let's hope this trend continues, the show certainly deserves it.

Commander Zelix
March 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I really can't understand why the studios leave this decision for so late. Let's hope this trend continues, the show certainly deserves it.
It's because they need to know the ratings before making their renewal decision based on it all while the episodes for the current season are already written, produced and usually filmed. It's like that for all scripted shows.

Homer 120
April 19th, 2011, 12:54 AM
Fringe
- 3.645 million viewers
- 2.2/4 HH
- 1.4/4 A18-49

FRINGE was back up by 0.1 points from its original 1.3 demo rating last Friday!

Commander Zelix
April 23rd, 2011, 02:01 PM
Fringe
- 3.645 million viewers
- 2.2/4 HH
- 1.4/4 A18-49

FRINGE was back up by 0.1 points from its original 1.3 demo rating last Friday!

Good reason to wait for the finals this week too! :)

the fifth man
April 23rd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Good to know that the ratings were up a little.

Homer 120
April 24th, 2011, 01:49 AM
But down this week to a 1.2 in that ''key demo''. What I don't like about TVBTN is that the site seems FULL of FRINGE haters who cannot get over the fact that the show was renwed, even celebrating a one week drop in a week were TV has been down across the board.

jmm
April 27th, 2011, 04:19 PM
That's the main problem with TVBTN: too many naysayers, doomsayers, haters and misfits trying, but failing, to get Fringe down.

I don't care about them, I just read their posts and laugh.

jmoz
April 27th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I say we let Walternate experiment on them....you know, for science *cough*

Sp!der
April 29th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I cant wait for the last two episodes people but the hiatus after that will be unbearable I think... with getting cliffhangers and such..? or not? I do not know anything about the last two episodes concerning spoilers..:) yeah... Season 4 :)

Commander Zelix
April 29th, 2011, 05:32 AM
But down this week to a 1.2 in that ''key demo''. What I don't like about TVBTN is that the site seems FULL of FRINGE haters who cannot get over the fact that the show was renwed, even celebrating a one week drop in a week were TV has been down across the board.
Let's be frank. It's probably the same person (or 2 persons) posting under different ID. Nobody really cares about Fringe beside Fringe fans. It's not like if they start a Batman TV series. Sure there it's most probable you would get some haters there because they are dedicated to past Batman element, they are fanatics, and would feel the new version is not as good as it should be. But Fringe is just another TV series. You either like it or you don't. You don't feel cheated if it's not in your taste or corresponding to the spirit of past series/movie/comics.

Sci-fi fans should support Sci-fi on TV. There's not a lot of scripted show on TV different than crime drama. There's about only reality shows and crime drama (which I like) on TV, nowadays. It's fun to have something different to watch.

Homer 120
April 30th, 2011, 07:55 AM
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/04/30/tv-ratings-friday-fringe-rises/91035

If there's one thing Fringe is good at when it comes to ratings, it always bounces back!

the fifth man
April 30th, 2011, 05:43 PM
I am glad it did better this week in the ratings.

Homer 120
May 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Fringe
- 3.517 million viewers
- 2.1/4 HH
- 1.3/4 A18-49