What was the point of this episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What was the point of this episode?

What was the point of this episode? No one crosses over to the alternate reality, and the McKay we see didn't appear to be the one from "McKay and Mrs. Miller." It was just some random alternate reality for... what purpose? The episode could have played out more or less the same in the proper reality. So... why set it in an alternate reality? I like alternate reality episodes, but they strike me as a waste of time when there's no crossover.

Watch EatG then you know.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

The point of Vegas is to be simply awesome.

that is all
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post

that is all
        AGREED!
        But yeah, it carries over to EaTG.
        sigpic

Comment

that is all
          That is always a good point.

Comment

The point was
            Spoiler:
            the wraith in "Vegas" sent out a message with the coordinates to earth, and that message crossed over into our universe (and probably others), alerting the wraith in our universe to the location of earth, who then built the superhive that sped off to attempt to cull our earth.

Comment

The point? The point was that TPTB should never try to do an alternate universe episode again........EVER
              sigpic

Comment

i agree op. that was my least favorite episode. it sort of sets up the finale, but i think they could have done that without Vegas, and instead had it be a two hour finale.
                sigpic

Comment

that is all
                  agreed

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                    i agree op. that was my least favorite episode. it sort of sets up the finale, but i think they could have done that without Vegas, and instead had it be a two hour finale.
                    I liked Vegas, giving us a view of their lives had things gone differently. Well, I like most AU eps so..

Anyway, I like the sneakiness of how they used it to set up the finale, but if they'd just made it a standalone, changing it of course it would hold some point and add to the series, then given us, as you said, a two hour finale, well, I'm sure it could have been more awesome.
                    Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Wonderful signatures by wonderful people.(Not me thus =] )
                    My secret: .. .- -- -- .- .-. .-. .. . -.. - --- -- .- .--- --- .-. .-.. --- .-. -. .

Comment

I know quite a few people who really, really hate this episode. But I don't see it that badly - in so far as "it's just another episode" and "it's just another alternate reality episode". Kind of a fun way of getting round the "how do we get a message to the Wraith" problem.

Comment

I thought Wraiths only feed once in a while. So how did one wraith manage to feed on 8 victims?
                        What was McKay talking about at the end about the effects of the rip in time/space?? What was he worried about? I didn't it at all.....Plus even if the Wraith knew the location of Earth, how were they supposed to actually get there in large numbers??
                        Last edited by Davey; 06 March 2019, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Wraith need to feed more often if they're injured. It was stated in the episode that this Wraith was feeding more often to repair damage caused by consistent exposure to radiation.

The problem at the end was very simply that the Wraith in an unknown number of alternate realities received the location of Earth. Whether the Wraith could or could not get to Earth in those realities was dependent on the specific conditions that existed there. The finale deals with how this impacts the main reality. Other realities may have had Wraith with intergalactic hyperdrives already, just waiting to find out where to go or the Wraith may simply have been incentivized to amp up their efforts to reach Earth once they found out its location.

Comment

And what exactly was the extent of interaction between the Vegas universe and their Atlantis with "our" Atlantis? And how did the Wraith ships get to earth to do battle and land two of their people on Earth in the first place?

Comment

The only interaction with the two realities is the message at the end. A Wraith Hive in the main reality received it.

How the Hive got to Earth in the alternate reality is unknown. All the Wraith in their reality may already have intergalactic hyperdrives, so their only protection is that the location of Earth has not gotten out there yet. That Hive may have tortured someone for it or pulled a stunt to get the location from Atlantis or a 304's computer and not shared it before heading to the Milky Way. In the main reality, two different groups of Wraith have gotten the location of Earth and both times kept it to themselves (albeit the second one is only assumed to be the case).

It's also possible that what we saw was the incident from "Allies" played out a little later. Just instead of stopping both Hives at the edge of Pegasus one managed to make it to Earth. Or... [insert any of an infinite number of possibilities].

Comment

Working...
                              X