Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duke Nukem Forever!

DID YOU THINK HE WAS GONE FOR EVER?

Full of violence, nudity, swearing, crude and sexist jokes, jingoism and other crudities, the worst that videogames has to offer, and after 13 years of development, it's here.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

May 3rd in the U.S, May the 6th for the rest of the world he returns.

Hail to the King Baby!
    Last edited by Skydiver; 22 January 2011, 04:56 PM.

Keep it clean boys.

Please remember our Keep it PG rule and don't link to unpg stuff

thanks
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Okay, PG thoughts. Gotcha.

YEAH! I'm not the biggest Duke Nukem fan, but Gearbox's repertoire - or more specifically, Borderlands - and this trailer may've turned it around. Definitely getting this.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I thought about posting the trailer the other day, and then didn't because I thought it might get removed. Looks like I was right

About frelling time this came out. Long live the king, baby.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I thought about posting the trailer the other day, and then didn't because I thought it might get removed. Looks like I was right

About frelling time this came out. Long live the king, baby.
          This could be difficult, discussing this game within the limits of pg.

Comment

Extremely

I'm thrilled this is finally coming out, after all these years as vapourware. Because of that though, I'm also not expecting a ton from this game. So even if it's an average shooter I'll probably enjoy.

More generally though, it's pretty awesome that a game of this sort is back in the limelight. As awesome as a great many video games are today, most of them can be slotted into pretty simple and predictable categories: save humanity, save the Mushroom Kingdom, drive really fast, and one or two others. It's about time a foul-mouthed, sexist, wise-ass badass took centre stage again
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Gentlemen, we'll need code words for the un-PG. I'll compile a list.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

or make a group or PM list where it's not so obvious
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Did you think I was gone forever?
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

"But what about the game Duke, was it good?"
                    "Yeah, but after 12 ******* years it should be"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      or make a group or PM list where it's not so obvious
                      I think we'll manage to keep it pg. After all plenty of non pg film, tv shows and computer films have threads here. Perhaps the only differance is we won't be able to link trailers.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                      Gentlemen, we'll need code words for the un-PG. I'll compile a list.
                      Nonsense, all we need do is talk about this in the manner of English gentlemen. For example, Duke is most grieved by the aliens taking his lady friends away from him.

Further it appears the developers have added in game play where Duke must visit the facilities.

Comment

Yes, Professor Duke Nukington's high caliber negotiation skills will be invaluable in securing peace with our extraterrestrial visitors. I believe he has already prepared an impressive fireworks display to welcome our otherworldly guests.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                          Yes, Professor Duke Nukington's high caliber negotiation skills will be invaluable in securing peace with our extraterrestrial visitors. I believe he has already prepared an impressive fireworks display to welcome our otherworldly guests.
                          Capital! I have it on good authority that their otherworldly posteriors will soon be in a great deal of discomfort.

Comment

Indubitably! Folly Duke is, he shall reign upon all the discorded alien fellows all manner of poorly-proportioned tea. Even thine three times chested discorded alien he'd still show a good time around the clubrooms. Always count on Lord Duke, Jeeves.

Comment

I have to clear up one misconception about Duke Nukem Forever. It is not vaporware nor has it ever been vaporware. It has not been in development for 13 years. They finished the game a long time ago. They chose to wait 13 years to release the game because that's how much time it takes for us, the consumers, to earn the doctorate in ass kickology necessary to play the game. There is simply no way for people to even start the game without a deep understanding of the theoretical basis behind subjects such as quantum baddassery, xeno-dinosaur zombie kinesiology, improvised rocket chainsaw neurosurgery, and of course, Batmanomics.

Comment

Working...
                              X