• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reciprocity (311)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON THREE
    RECIPROCITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 311

When the newly-assembled doomsday machine reacts to Peter's proximity, he and Walter grow more concerned about his relationship to it. But when shape-shifters begin turning up dead, the race is on to crack the other Olivia's database and find the killer.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 March 2014, 02:25 PM.

A little underwhelmed this week. I don't know if it was because there was anything particularly off about it, or whether it's just in comparison to the awesomesauce of last week's episode, but I was a bit bored by this one. I was interested up until the scene with the machine acting up came to an end, after that it got a bit boring IMO.

About time we saw Brandon again though. This week was our Brandon's first appearance this season. It's been a while since we've seen Nina, too.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This week was our Brandon's first appearance this season.
      Our Brandon, you mean. I like Evil Brandon more. He's sinister and funny! Yay!

Episode was good, but I liked Firefly more. But still, bringing Peter to the front and making him snap like that - seriously, cleavering that guy's fingers is about one of the most brutal things I've seen on this show. GO PETER! - was fantastic and very satisfying to see. Dark Peter is Fun Peter. Great performances from Joshua Jackson, and of course Anna Torv and John Noble hit it out of the park again. Oh, and Nina and Astrid got some more prominence! I approve.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. I was really surprised to see that it was Peter who'd snapped. For a second I thought maybe he was helping Walternate...and he still may be...
        sigpic

Comment

First thoughts: holy ****.

I really liked this episode, lots of explosive consequences and plot progression. The Peter thing was awesome, never saw it coming. That serum must have made Peter become more aggressive in terms of taking control of things. And maybe bringing him one step closer to that machine?

Sorry if some of you didn't like it but I really did go holy **** when he took that knife and cut off that guys fingers. That was pretty intense and Walter just stood there. Can't wait to see how this climaxes.

Comment

They went warp 9 on the assembly of the First People machine and on Peter's "weaponization". Those were my two grievances with the episode. Other than that, I thought it was very good. Walter trying to fix his damaged brain is something I'm really interested in, and which has been discreetly going on for a while now.
            sigpic

Comment

Fantastic episode. Didn't see the twist coming. And Walter on chimpanzee DNA,too funny. Had to rewind that one a couple of times.
              sigpic

Comment

Good episode this week. The season 3 continue it's winning streak. When you rewatch the episode you realize all the clues were there about Peter being 'the mole'. Which is how good mystery should be done. Now let's just hope he doesn't turn into a serial killer or a mad villain inclined to dominate the world with his machine.

I wonder what will be the relationship between Peter, the machine, the observers and the first people. How come Peter is at the center of it all? Rare good gene a bit like ancient gene on Stargate? Peter having build a machine for himself in the future... or the very distant past? Or past people (first people/observers) having built a machine for him knowing the most probable future and it's effect in advance?

I wonder how long Peter and Walter will keep their parallel objectives, whatever they are, secrets? I don't think Walter can keep that kind of secret for very long. Which is kind of ironic, I know.

Brandon also had some nice moments in this episode. Can't wait to see the mild mannered but amoral scientist for the alternate universe again. In fact, I can't wait to see some alternate universe stories again. I'm spoiled.
                Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

This was indeed another great episode in an already wonderful season. I really can't wait to see where things go from here. Peter is a little scary right now, and so is Walter with trying to get back what he lost. If Walter were to regrow those parts of his brain, he might not like what it turns him into.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    About time we saw Brandon again though. This week was our Brandon's first appearance this season.
                    Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                    Our Brandon, you mean.
                    Er....that's what I said
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Stormtrooper View Post
                      They went warp 9 on the assembly of the First People machine and on Peter's "weaponization". Those were my two grievances with the episode. Other than that, I thought it was very good. Walter trying to fix his damaged brain is something I'm really interested in, and which has been discreetly going on for a while now.
                      I agree with you there. We need a little back story on how long they've actually been putting the machine together. It was just like poof its all together...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        I agree with you there. We need a little back story on how long they've actually been putting the machine together. It was just like poof its all together...
                        I understand the need for a little explanation about putting the machine together. However, I think TPTB want to focus more on what happens now? Both sides have built this machine, now, what is the next move?
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well there's certainly that. But I think they skipped over a number of potential stories in going to Warp 9 on this one. They could've had the debate over whether or not to build it, a search for parts necessary to its construction (wasn't that why Fauxlivia came Over Here in the first place?), etc.

But I guess if (god forbid) the show gets canceled, there isn't time for all that plus story resolution before the end of the season.

Comment

guess it depends on what kind of ratings they were getting before fringe moved to friday?

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I understand the need for a little explanation about putting the machine together. However, I think TPTB want to focus more on what happens now? Both sides have built this machine, now, what is the next move?
                              I agree...but a couple of lines about how it got put together or how long they've been working on it would be nice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X