PDA

View Full Version : How S8 should set up S9+

Livi2Jack
May 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM
We know about 8 eps so far for S8. They are talking S9. So, S8 has to flow to S9. Ideas? Arcs that can go into S10?

1. Jack grows as a general: politician, administrator, diplomat, love life, & etc.

2. We find an interesting group of advanced humans and court them...are they too good to be true?

3. No Pete.

4. More Agent Barrett for Sam.

5. Conspiracies at home.

ABYDOSCITY2
May 17th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Jack becomes a more comfortable genaral, and diplomat.

Jack finds a nice civilian girlfriend.

Sam starts a relationship with Major Davis or anybody but staker Pete.

Daniel starts realationship with Shara.

Teal'c finds love.
ABYDOSCITY2

Dani347
May 17th, 2004, 02:24 PM
staker Pete

Pete kills vampires? :D

Bagpuss
May 17th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Nice catch!LOL :D
Not a bad plotline,really, but I wonder if we (general "we") can cope with a Stargate SG1/"Blade" crossover! ;)

David85
May 17th, 2004, 04:21 PM
1. End the show.
2. End the show now.
3. End the show before all the main actors leave. (Opps too late.)
4. End the show before it becomes Stargat: The West Wing. (Too late again.)
5. END THE FREAKIN SHOW BEFORE IT GOES DOWN THE DRAIN! oh ya... nevermind. :(

Dani347
May 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Not a bad plotline,really, but I wonder if we (general "we") can cope with a Stargate SG1/"Blade" crossover! ;)

SHHH! *looks around furtively* They might decide to do a homage.

SGSlugger
May 17th, 2004, 04:27 PM
- Have more heated battles with the Goolds
- Move into an all-out open-war with the Goa'ulds (the war to end all wars)
- Construct a large space fleet

Bagpuss
May 17th, 2004, 04:50 PM
SHHH! *looks around furtively* They might decide to do a homage.

FHB *Squealing like a Stuck Piggie*
NOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry,Dani ,couldn't resist! ;) Enough already with the Homages,IMO.

Sorry to everyone else:No idea what came over me.Please ignore my ravings.

On Topic:No Homages and let's see Season 8, before planning seriously for a Season 9 .Sorry but that's just my personal POV. No real idea what PTB are heading for yet,but I'm just hoping for a really good S8,with loads of good Team adventures. :)

Mio
May 17th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Season 9 Finale: We find that Tiger Electronics has long been associated with the group from Smoke and Mirrors. They have been keeping furlings locked up for research for quite some time.

Season 10 openner: the SGC mounts a daring mission to rescue the furlings from the mad scientists keeping the furlings locked up. SG1 investigates the mysteries that arise when Pete's severed head is found hurtling in from an offworld planet. The iris code used was SG1's....<dramatic music>

Livi2Jack
May 17th, 2004, 06:23 PM
If you don't tell TPTB before they get started, don't complain later. It's going to happen...S9. Sci Fi Channel and Michael Greenberg said so.

Livi2Jack
May 17th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Who is Shara?

I vote that Jack actually meets Mary Steenbergen.

Jack puts on weight and grows longer hair.

More encounters with human civilizations lead to ?

KorbenDirewolf
May 17th, 2004, 11:10 PM
I think they'll need to introduce someone in season 8 who will (eventually) become a member of SG-1 in season 9. From what I've heard I think its unlikely for Anderson to be back for another season so they'll also need a new commander.

Dibbs7
May 18th, 2004, 02:39 AM
1. End the show.
2. End the show now.
3. End the show before all the main actors leave. (Opps too late.)
4. End the show before it becomes Stargat: The West Wing. (Too late again.)
5. END THE FREAKIN SHOW BEFORE IT GOES DOWN THE DRAIN! oh ya... nevermind. :(

Do You consider yourself a fan of the show?

Whitster
May 18th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Do You consider yourself a fan of the show?

I'd consider myself a fan of the show, but I also agree with the view that Season 8 should be it, no more.

Teal'c
May 18th, 2004, 06:03 AM
He can have his opinion, but he shouldn't be allowed go around a thread about Season 9 screaming "Stop making the show!!!" If he doesn't want to watch, then he doesn't have to, but he doesn't have to stop the show for his own selfish reasons :P

But there's only one condition for Season 9, Rick.

Dani347
May 18th, 2004, 06:10 AM
He can have his opinion, but he shouldn't be allowed go around a thread about Season 9 screaming "Stop making the show!!!"

Why not?

Same post:

If he doesn't want to watch, then he doesn't have to, but he doesn't have to stop the show for his own selfish reasons :P

Is he working for Bridge Studios? MGM, or whoever else makes decisions about whether or not Stargate stays on? If not, how does him voicing an opinion that *gasp* doesn't agree with others and is *mercy me!* against season 9 going to stop the show? If just saying you wanted a show stopped could actually stop it, I'd have ended Fear Factor a long time ago.

Maybe we should rename the board or at least particular threads: For those who want the show to stay until Armeggedon or you're not welcome. Oh, and come up with a new definition of the word "fan" Fans love the show unreservedly and want it to last until the whole cast is bald and sipping Ensure. Any views to the contrary means you're not a fan. How's that?

the_fours
May 18th, 2004, 06:30 AM
easy folks stop squabling we are all friends here (more or less) ;)

yes dani i see your point but this thread is about tying in s8 with s9 (if it happens(ihope so)) :p

there are plenty of other threads which relate to whether or not there should be a season nine.

and if 9 ties in with 8 it would have to be through starting to reach closure within the series. without opening up new plots

Madeleine
May 18th, 2004, 06:32 AM
I think we can take it as read that if anyone can be bothered to come here and post, they must be a Stargate Fan.

Everyone is entitled to post their opinions - positive OR negative - about Stargate as long as they respect other posters' views, are on-topic, and don't criticise Teal'c.

Okay, I made the last bit of that up.

Teal'c
May 18th, 2004, 01:48 PM
I think we can take it as read that if anyone can be bothered to come here and post, they must be a Stargate Fan.

Everyone is entitled to post their opinions - positive OR negative - about Stargate as long as they respect other posters' views, are on-topic, and don't criticise Teal'c.

Okay, I made the last bit of that up.
No, no, I like that last bit :P

I don't care if he doesn't want a season 9 or not, but if he doesn't he doesn't have to watch it, and shouldn't be posting in threads about Season 9 that don't have anything to do with should it be or not.

Livi2Jack
May 18th, 2004, 02:27 PM
We just NEED RDA. He likes to work. It's all about money and terms. He'll be baaaaccck.

Carter will lead although I think she should stay on base and is too valuable to risk this way any more.

Livi2Jack
May 18th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Start an arc with Little Jack, the clone. From High School to College...let's see him take on a pompous teacher and play hockey.

Odens återkomst
May 18th, 2004, 02:44 PM
1: More Thor
2: More Freyr
3: More Loki
4: More Heimdall
5: More Asgard!

the_fours
May 18th, 2004, 02:46 PM
1: More Thor
2: More Freyr
3: More Loki
4: More Heimdall
5: More Asgard!

this is just a wild guess, do you like your norse mythology?

Odens återkomst
May 18th, 2004, 02:51 PM
this is just a wild guess, do you like your norse mythology?

What gave it away? :p
The little grey guys are cool too.

Madeleine
May 18th, 2004, 09:33 PM
No, no, I like that last bit :P

::Thwap::

Be off with you, impostor!

I don't care if he doesn't want a season 9 or not, but if he doesn't he doesn't have to watch it, and shouldn't be posting in threads about Season 9 that don't have anything to do with should it be or not.

And if you don't like reading his posts, you don't have to read them and shouldn't be replying to -

Oh, but you've heard me spout that one before ;)

Here's the deal - Everyone can post where they like, as long as they respect other posters' views, are on-topic, and give me cashew nuts.

tara3583
May 18th, 2004, 10:11 PM
We see how Jack has coped not going out with sg1, he has "that" talk with Sam and Pete becomes history!:) More of the president and Kinsey also more from 5th.

Teal'c
May 19th, 2004, 12:19 AM
::Thwap::

Be off with you, impostor!

And if you don't like reading his posts, you don't have to read them and shouldn't be replying to -

Oh, but you've heard me spout that one before ;)

Here's the deal - Everyone can post where they like, as long as they respect other posters' views, are on-topic, and give me cashew nuts.
No, the cashews are mine! *runs away with unprocessed cashew nuts* Oh god it burns!!!!!! :P

KokiriChild
May 19th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Personally I'd love to see a S9 and further, but as the show used to be about 6 main characters and 2 of those are gone, and with RDA to go aswell the original cast would be halved. I just think it'd make it look like Sci-Fi are desperate to keep ratings instead of giving fans what they really want - a quality show.

However, if RDA was willing to stay on I'd change my mind and I think if S9 was the last then it should tie up the majority of the loose ends from the previous shows, and leave a few lines open for Atlantis to feed on, and then maybe cross in SG1-S9 with A-S1, kinda in a Buffy/Angel way

Mio
May 19th, 2004, 02:20 AM
What gave it away? :p
The little grey guys are cool too.

But I don't like Freyr....

Catysg1
May 19th, 2004, 04:57 AM
We just NEED RDA. He likes to work. It's all about money and terms. He'll be baaaaccck.

Carter will lead although I think she should stay on base and is too valuable to risk this way any more.

Oh I don't know!!!!!!Carter may want to stay fit for O'neill ;)

Caty :)